PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2 highest completion% games happened this Week

Of course

Tom is strategically completing less passes, throwing for less yards, less touchdowns, and more interceptions

You should try taking off your homer glasses at some point.
By the way brady has 7 ints at least 3 of which were good throws that were dropped and picked. Luck has 11.
And luck had 81 more yards by throwing 37 more times.
How did they play head to head?

Get your face out if a stat book and watch them play.

I do not care who is going to the Pro Bowl. I do care about which QB I would most like to have in the 4th, down 7, in a playoff game. And there is no QB I would rather have than Thomas Edward Patrick Brady.

You cherry picked a few stats to argue against Andrew Luck. He has 4 more interceptions and 11 more TDs. Sure Brady has had some bad breaks on the interceptions, but don’t tell me all of Andrew Lucks are a bad decision and prove he’s an inferior QB this season.

You mentioned Phillip Rivers isn’t playing up to Tom Brady’s level. I’m dying to see how you justify that.
Wrong. Unlike you I don’t judge QBs by cumulative accumulation of statistics. I did however, point out that even by your casual fan standards lucks numbers aren’t really better than Brady’s.
If you want to think that Andrew luck and Philip Rivers are better QBs than Tom Brady feel free I will just lol.

But at least you can agree your comment that they completed more passes for more yards with more TDs and less ints is both twisted (80 more yards due to throwing 40 more passes) and wrong (ints). But it seems you would rather deflect than admit that.

I’m not sure how you are justifying 11 ints are proof luck is better though. Seems you painted yourself in a corner there.

Coming back to the original post, this is a good example of stats not necessarily telling you the truth.
In Rivers case, he had a really good game but with Mariota, it was ok. They both took sacks which are worse than incompletions.

Meanwhile, Brady's "stats" were solid but tell me there was a better play on the weekend than his TD throw to Gronkowski (great catch too). The all-22 shows he threw it early and had 2 d-lineman coming straight at him and in his line of sight, the latter point cannot be overstated. The ball was perfectly placed. Now this is just one play on the stat sheet but a remarkable play at that.

I let the naysayers bring up stats if they like and live in the moment without actually watching the game. Peyton Manning was a great QB with tremendous regular season stats and a number of MVP awards to show for it. But a QB's legacy is built on the playoffs, championships and how they performed in them and there is no QB past or present that can be considered ahead of Brady when it comes to this.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back