PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2-5.. Am I the only one who is okay with this?

StockingAnarchyNumber12

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
This team has brought me so much joy over the last 13 years. So many AFC East crowns.. playoffs nearly every season. AFCCG seemed like the norm. Also, superbowl victories. I feel no anger or sadness like so many "haters" predicted the "spoiled" fans would. I still plan to watch this team every week no matter what. Sure, it hasn't been pretty this season, however I'm not sweating it.

Patriots forever. Anybody else feel similar?

It's disappointing when they lose, especially when you have 15 years of expecting them to win. Makes it hard to learn how to take a loss as a fan.

But Belichick himself has admitted this isn't a year that they're particularly well-positioned for success, and seems content with their current trajectory going into next season when they'll have a high 1st-round pick, lots of draft assets, and plenty of salary cap.

If they can find a serviceable QB and spend their capital wisely, this team will be a contender by as early as next season. We've seen BAL and PIT dip for a year or two but they always bounce back. Ball is in Bill's court, now.

I’m with you. I know expectations are always high but I think with Brady leaving and the amount of opt outs we had is a good enough excuse for a sub par season for me. I’m also probably a part of the minority who thinks that we’re really not in that rough of shape going forward. I think this team may be one of the best situations for one of the top signal callers coming out of college to land in. This team has a solid O-line and a good set of backs for whoever it is to rely on. Of course I hope we find some pass catchers that actually can play but that can be had in the later rounds. Even if we don’t go qb we still have a shot at a potential game changer at lb like parsons.

20 years is a good long run. It's unprecedented, and as with life, all good things come to an end.

Those having zero expectations for this season will find themselves in a better position than those who are under the illusion that the dynasty is somehow still there.

20 years is a good long run. It's unprecedented, and as with life, all good things come to an end.

Those having zero expectations for this season will find themselves in a better position than those who are under the illusion that the dynasty is somehow still there.
The dynasty ended the moment Brady announced he was gone.

2001-2019, not a bad run. Extend Cam to the door, politely, but still the door, after this season.
Let Stid learn or burn the rest of the way. I'm okay with a not so good season. Let the rebuild
begin. Pats fan for life, seen the bad, seen the best, now lets see where things go from here.

Its a tough pill to swallow not having a playoff run or potential run to look forward to. First time in 20 years we’ll be playing meaningless games in November. But thats part of the flip side of it too, we’ve certainly had our fun and we’ll forever get to say we were part of the greatest run in football, maybe in all of sports. Cant ask for much more

I am just excited to see who the keepers would be... Want them to roll in with stidham just to see how bad he is or if we have a hidden gem and infuriate the other fan bases. Just imagine the reaction if we win the next 9 games straight with stidham . Meyers , harris and Byrd play like pro bowlers... I know it's impossible but just thinking how that must toy with other fan bases feelings. We either tank/ win all 9 . No middle ground . Stidham might be a better bet for that than cam.

I won’t ever be okay with a 2-5 record, but I’m definitely not taking these losses so personally this year.

Last year I would’ve felt crushed after this loss. This year? Meh.
That’s the thing about a year when you don’t expect to contend. You don’t live and die with each game and losses kinda blur with each other. Makes it easier.

Its a tough pill to swallow not having a playoff run or potential run to look forward to. First time in 20 years we’ll be playing meaningless games in November. But thats part of the flip side of it too, we’ve certainly had our fun and we’ll forever get to say we were part of the greatest run in football, maybe in all of sports. Cant ask for much more
The part that hurt me the most is that allready on 1 november we are out...i would have accepted much more better if we were out at least in december...now it is really too early

And i have been a fan since approx 38 years...i have seen pratically everything and always followed with passion

This team has brought me so much joy over the last 13 years. So many AFC East crowns.. playoffs nearly every season. AFCCG seemed like the norm. Also, superbowl victories. I feel no anger or sadness like so many "haters" predicted the "spoiled" fans would. I still plan to watch this team every week no matter what. Sure, it hasn't been pretty this season, however I'm not sweating it.

Patriots forever. A

Patriots forever. Anybody else feel similar?
13 years? You must be a youngster, which of course is fine.

I have been around longer, unfortunately, but as long as the team shows heart I am OK. They showed it sometimes today. Reminds me a little too much of 2002 when they could not and would not stop the run. I preferred 1994.

but yes, I hear what you are saying.

I also “like” that we have the pandemic excuse

The dynasty ended the moment Brady announced he was gone.
IMO it was over several months before that happened. Brady would not have changed this situation. They were cooked at the end of the 2019 season. 2018 season in some ways and then they caught fire at the right time in spite of passing game weaknesses.

13 years? You must be a youngster, which of course is fine.

I have been around longer, unfortunately, but as long as the team shows heart I am OK. They showed it sometimes today. Reminds me a little too much of 2002 when they could not and would not stop the run. I preferred 1994.

but yes, I hear what you are saying.

I also “like” that we have the pandemic excuse
I'm still younger than 30. I had no interest in football from 2000-2006. However that really isn't all my fault. We lost our home in like 2004 and were forced to live in a one room motel til 2009. Also didn't live in America until 1996-1997. From 1997-2004, it just never crossed my mind to watch it.

I see no reason why with what we've seen with our own eyes, the talent we have or rather don't have, why we shouldn't tear it down and just go for a top 5 pick, load up on assets and reboot with next year's cap space

Were going no where this year even if everything falls out way these next 6 games.

Time to get a jump start on it imo.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back