PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

“Expert” predictions thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Outside of Tom Brady...the Rams absolutely have a better roster
Rams have more star talent. I don't know if that gives them the better roster. Donald and Suh are studs on defense. The Rams have the 20th ranked defense and the Pats are one of the top in the league at pressure for instance. Gurley is the best RB in the game, but the Pats have more overall versatility in the run game and have the better offensive line. Pats have the better secondary from a talent and a performance perspective. Brady obviously should get the nod at QB.

The spot I'd maybe give the Rams an advantage is WR and even then I think they took a big hit with Kupp being out. I thought about this matchup all year and he was the guy who scared me the most on the Rams.

As a Rams fan this is probably true. I still think our D hasn’t lived up to its potential as far as talent.

I think the Rams secondary is extremely talented with Talib, Peters, and Joyner. Why do people think Talib has lost a step? Does Michael Thomas agree with that? People think Peters is trash and while he can get exposed at times, I think it’s more so because he’s not mentally there. He will have to be focused and disciplined. Physically and athletically he’s as good as it gets, and he’s probably our best threat for a pick on D.

With Talib locking down his side, Peters can sit back in zone where he’s dangerous. I’ll go out on a limb and say Peters picks Brady in this game.
I'm genuinely curious what you mean by the last paragraph. "Talib locking down his side." "Peters can sit back in zone"

Are you implying that the Rams are going to run zone and that'll be successful against Brady and Co? If so, you are SORELY mistaken and if that's the plan the Rams take, they will be beaten by two touchdowns at minimum. The Pats absolutely shred zone. Just ask the Steelers over the past 10 years. The only way to beat Brady and the Pats is to play man, play physical, and get pressure on Brady in less than 2.5 seconds. Not an easy feat.

Assuming the above comment was a brainfart, I'd like to hear your thoughts on matchups. How do you think your cornerbacks match up? Who takes Edelman? Who takes Gronk? Who takes Dorsett, Hogan? Who will be kept as a spy on White out of the backfield?

As a Rams fan this is probably true. I still think our D hasn’t lived up to its potential as far as talent.

I think the Rams secondary is extremely talented with Talib, Peters, and Joyner. Why do people think Talib has lost a step? Does Michael Thomas agree with that? People think Peters is trash and while he can get exposed at times, I think it’s more so because he’s not mentally there. He will have to be focused and disciplined. Physically and athletically he’s as good as it gets, and he’s probably our best threat for a pick on D.

With Talib locking down his side, Peters can sit back in zone where he’s dangerous. I’ll go out on a limb and say Peters picks Brady in this game.

We are quite familiar with Talib. He has his moments. We witnessed him taking himself out of two AFCCGs due to "injury" when he was about to become an unrestricted free agent. Talib is good against big physical receivers - the kind that NE does not have. It's similar to Richard Sherman when we played them in the SB a few years ago. We ate Seattle's legion of boom alive with crossing routes. Talib is not going to be be able to keep up with Edelman or Hogan.

We are quite familiar with Talib. He has his moments. We witnessed him taking himself out of two AFCCGs due to "injury" when he was about to become an unrestricted free agent. Talib is good against big physical receivers - the kind that NE does not have. It's similar to Richard Sherman when we played them in the SB a few years ago. Talib is not going to be be able to keep up with Edelman or Hogan.
Against Oakland earlier in the year they put Talib on Jared Cook after when he went off for 100+ yards in one half.

I’ve been wondering myself how the matchups against the Patriots pass catchers are going to look. Talib on Gronk? Peters on Edelman? I’ll trust Wade with that.

I thought this was a thread to see how the different ‘experts’ are picking the game.
Bad thread drift.

Rams OL is excellent, but will not push around the Pats front 7 in the run game. LA's run game will be average, 100 yards. Otoh, I don't see us getting to Goff much, who I think is a great QB - he'll have a good game. Rams will have at least 4 receivers > 60 yards, 300 yards or so.

Rams DL is also excellent, but they're gonna get rolled by our twin tower OT's, Gronk-Devlin-Allen, and our quick interior OL. We'll rush for at least 180. Their pass rush will get to Brady a couple of times in the first half, but like all these other teams they'll be burnt out by the 4th qtr after being out there 90 plays, and TB will finish with 400 yards. We'll push 600 yards total offense. As long as we finish most drives with 7 instead of 3, we'll score at least 38 and should win by 11 or so.

We are quite familiar with Talib. He has his moments. We witnessed him taking himself out of two AFCCGs due to "injury" when he was about to become an unrestricted free agent. Talib is good against big physical receivers - the kind that NE does not have. It's similar to Richard Sherman when we played them in the SB a few years ago. We ate Seattle's legion of boom alive with crossing routes. Talib is not going to be be able to keep up with Edelman or Hogan.
They will put talib on gronk. It might come down to dorsett or hogan beating their man.

Rams OL is not excellent. Actually, their INT OL leaves a lot to be desired. Saffold & Blythe are among the worst at their respective positions in relation to how many pressures they’ve given up throughout the season. Both are among the bottom of the league.

They will put talib on gronk. It might come down to dorsett or hogan beating their man.

The last time Gronk faced Talib's team was in the 2015 AFCCG and he gashed them for 144 yards and 1 TD. I don't know if Talib covered him a whole lot that game though.

Rams have more star talent. I don't know if that gives them the better roster. Donald and Suh are studs on defense. The Rams have the 20th ranked defense and the Pats are one of the top in the league at pressure for instance. Gurley is the best RB in the game, but the Pats have more overall versatility in the run game and have the better offensive line. Pats have the better secondary from a talent and a performance perspective. Brady obviously should get the nod at QB.

The spot I'd maybe give the Rams an advantage is WR and even then I think they took a big hit with Kupp being out. I thought about this matchup all year and he was the guy who scared me the most on the Rams.
And the 2 most biggest areas in a SB. Experience and depth favor the Pats by a large margin

Peters hates tackling. Run Patterson on jet sweeps and screens to his side of the field and you're looking at huge gains. The Rams have been terrible at defending slot receivers and tight ends, so that's where the money shall be made. The likes of Bruce Ellington gashed them; Edelman will run wild.

Update -
5 Hours and 26 Mins -
  • Drinking hasn't affected myself.
  • Nerves are progressively worse.

Against Oakland earlier in the year they put Talib on Jared Cook after when he went off for 100+ yards in one half.

I’ve been wondering myself how the matchups against the Patriots pass catchers are going to look. Talib on Gronk? Peters on Edelman? I’ll trust Wade with that.

Peters sucks. Don't think he'd make our roster. He'd be the #4 cb at best.

Peters sucks. Don't think he'd make our roster. He'd be the #4 cb at best.

He's good in coverage when he wants to be. Allergic to tackling though. Belichick wouldn't touch him.

Expert Predictions and amount bet on each team mean ABSOLUTELY zero. Especially when you ahve 2 evenly matched excellent teams. BB has said this a zillion times but he is right. The only thing that matters is how they execute during the game. No one can accurately predict this.
Its something for fans and experst to do but it is BS.
The Rams and Patriots are 2 excellent well coached teams with low propensity for mental mistakes. BUT there will; be some mental msitakes made today. The team taht makes fewer ,mental mistakes has a good chance of winning.

If Gronk is ttruly 100%, that opens up some very nice options for Pats on offense taht they have not had in a while and Rams will ahve their hands full. If Gurley is 100%, he is also a handful and containing him will be key.

I could care less who predicts which team will win, its completely irrelevant. It's all about execution especially at critical times. Let's go Pats.

I have had season tickets in the early 80’s gave them up because of the strike. Had recently had season tickets for 25 years. I’ve seen the good and bad times. Forget all the analysis you have got to go with your gut. Saying that I AM AN EXPERT. My gut says we are going to WIN! LETS GO.........!!!

Last edited:
Gurley is a beast. Load up to try and stop him.

Daniel made this Biblical prediction of a major Brady W...
“The goat charged furiously at the ram and struck him, breaking off both his horns. Now the ram was helpless, and the goat knocked him down and trampled him. No one could rescue the ram from the goat's power.” Daniel 8:7

Daniel made this Biblical prediction of a major Brady W...
“The goat charged furiously at the ram and struck him, breaking off both his horns. Now the ram was helpless, and the goat knocked him down and trampled him. No one could rescue the ram from the goat's power.” Daniel 8:7

That is freakin' awesome, man. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back