PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

“Expert” predictions thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The pats receiving corps is better as is our LBs and secondary. I also think the Pats will show tomorrow they have the better RBs.

How many sacks do the Rams have this postseason? A grand total of 3, while the Pats have 6. Again, you supposedly have the better d-line.

Maybe I would give you WRs but that’s almost a wash. If we had Cooper Kupp healthy then it would go to LA for sure. Cooks and Woods both went for over 1,000 yards so it’s still hard for me to call it a wash.

Oline - Rams.
Dline - Rams
RBs - Rams absolutely. You’ll get a steady dose of TGIII tomorrow.
TEs - Pats. I’ll give you that even though expect Gerald Everett to put up #s.
LBs - Pats
Secondary - Rams
QB - Pats

The games won in the trenches and in the run game. Rams win

Maybe I would give you WRs but that’s almost a wash. If we had Cooper Kupp healthy then it would go to LA for sure. Cooks and Woods both went for over 1,000 yards so it’s still hard for me to call it a wash.

Oline - Rams.
Dline - Rams
LBs - Pats
Secondary - Rams
QB - Pats

Woods and Cooks I’ll give you over Edelman and Hogan. But the receiving corps including Gronk gives NE the edge. Your secondary is NOT better than ours. Sorry. Marcus Peters is not that good and Gilmore is better than Talib.

And speaking of Cooks he arguably cost us the SB last year with his attempt to leap over Rodney McCloud on 3rd down. He could have easily gotten us a first down in the Eagles red zone. We ended up kicking a FG instead.

Last edited:
The Pats are quite familiar with Cooks and Woods, woods being someone they played twice a year.....lets see how that works out.

I think the Oline goes to NE not the Rams and thats based on stats and facts.

NE’s secondary is better than the rams, and again stats and facts

Ill call RB’s a wash, yeh you got Gurly and from a single player perspective yes he is the best of the group. But Sony, White, Burkhead combined....HMMMM...I think NE is more versatile.

Oline - Rams.
Dline - Rams
LBs - Pats
Secondary - Rams
QB - Pats

LMAO the Rams have a better secondary than the Pats? On what planet? You have a washed up Peters who was garbage this year, a CB with an IQ of about 75 who should have caused you to lose in the NFCCG with a blatant PI/helmet to helmet, and Talib. Talib is a good CB but he's nowhere near the Talib from a few years ago. Your safeties are meh. I can assure you absolutely nobody who knows a lick about the NFL thinks the Rams have a better secondary than the Pats.

Your DL is the only unit that I would say is clearly superior.

Your OL is most definitely not better than the Pats. I would give the Pats the nod, especially with their performance over the past few weeks (our running game is averaging over 190 yards a game the past 4 games and brady hasn't been touched after dropping back 90+ times during these playoffs). At the very least, it's a wash.

RB - it is not 'absolutely' rams. Gurley is clearly either not right physically or mentally. CJ Anderson came out of nowhere and is running really well right now, but you are seriously discounting the performance of Sony Michel, the flexibility of Burkhead, and James White who is going to wreak havoc on your vulnerable LBs in the passing game.

Again, the only unit that the Rams are clearly superior to the Pats is the DL. We'll see how it shakes out tomorrow but methinks you don't know the pats very well.

Outside of Tom Brady...the Rams absolutely have a better roster

It’s not about that it’s about how well they match up. As with any football game. The Giants a few years ago didn’t really have a good roster but they happened to match up extremely well with the Patriots. Last year the Eagles RPO matched up very well with the Patriots slow LBs.

Oline - Rams.
Dline - Rams
LBs - Pats
Secondary - Rams
QB - Pats

This feels like a rational post from a rational rams fan.

Oline - Rams.
Dline - Rams
LBs - Pats
Secondary - Rams
QB - Pats

OL- wash imo. Rams OL is really good but the Patriots OL might be the best they’ve had in a very long time.
WR- wash. Maybe a small edge to Pats
DL- Rams
RBs- Gurley gives the Rams the edge but if that knee is a problem then advantage Pats.
TE Pats
LB- Pats big time
Secondary- Pats
QB- Pats
Special Teams- Rams but it’s close
Coaching- Pats by experience in this game

Last edited:

Oline - Rams.
Dline - Rams
LBs - Pats
Secondary - Rams
QB - Pats

Not sure what you are smoking. Must be some good stuff though.

I think this guy is going to realize he underestimated Patriots Oline.

Rams have more talent. It’s not by much. So who cares.

The strength of the Rams team is the D-line, which only has 3 sacks all post season. And now they are facing an o-line that is better than Dallas and NO's.

Quite honestly, NE has the edge in every category except DL & MAYBE WR. The LAR have better individual players than NE, but who’s playing better right now??? Reg season stuff goes out of the window. LAR have better individual RBs, but as a unit, NE is more versatile. We’re averaging 185 rushing yards per game in the playoffs. That’s insane. LAR have more talented WRs, BUT who do you trust in big games??? I’ll take Edelman, Hogan, Dorsett & CP all day. Our OL has been dominant as of late. Yes, I respect the LAR ST unit. Very talented & unpredictable; especially Hekker. BUT, who do you TRUST?? NE.

Coach/QB/TE/LB/Secondary isn’t even worth mentioning. Not even close.

NE also has DEPTH & experience.

NE is the better TEAM.

Rams have more talent. It’s not by much. So who cares.
As a Rams fan this is probably true. I still think our D hasn’t lived up to its potential as far as talent.

I think the Rams secondary is extremely talented with Talib, Peters, and Joyner. Why do people think Talib has lost a step? Does Michael Thomas agree with that? People think Peters is trash and while he can get exposed at times, I think it’s more so because he’s not mentally there. He will have to be focused and disciplined. Physically and athletically he’s as good as it gets, and he’s probably our best threat for a pick on D.

With Talib locking down his side, Peters can sit back in zone where he’s dangerous. I’ll go out on a limb and say Peters picks Brady in this game.

As a Rams fan this is probably true. I still think our D hasn’t lived up to its potential as far as talent.

I think the Rams secondary is extremely talented with Talib, Peters, and Joyner. Why do people think Talib has lost a step? Does Michael Thomas agree with that? People think Peters is trash and while he can get exposed at times, I think it’s more so because he’s not mentally there. He will have to be focused and disciplined. Physically and athletically he’s as good as it gets, and he’s probably our best threat for a pick on D.

With Talib locking down his side, Peters can sit back in zone where he’s dangerous. I’ll go out on a limb and say Peters picks Brady in this game.
Talib locked down Thomas because he’s Brees’ ONLY WR weapon. This won’t be the case with NE. We’re a different beast, kid. You’ll see.

Coach/QB/TE/LB/Secondary isn’t even worth mentioning. Not even close.

I think coaching is worth mentioning. While I take nothing away from BB, and he is absolutely the GOAT, this will be and interesting coaching battle...especially when the Rams are on offense.

I think coaching is worth mentioning. While I take nothing away from BB, and he is absolutely the GOAT, this will be and interesting coaching battle...especially when the Rams are on offense.
Don’t get me wrong, I respect the heck out of
Mc Vay, but there are layers to coaching. It’s not just Belichick. Flores, ST coaches, Scouting, Preparation, Experience. Also, have you ever heard of some guy named Ernie Adams? ;)

OL- wash imo. Rams OL is really good but the Patriots OL might be the best they’ve had in a very long time.
WR- wash. Maybe a small edge to Pats
DL- Rams
RBs- Gurley gives the Rams the edge but if that knee is a problem then advantage Pats.
TE Pats
LB- Pats big time
Secondary- Pats
QB- Pats
Special Teams- Rams but it’s close
Coaching- Pats by experience in this game

Actually the way to assess it really should be like this:

Pats passing offense vs Rams pass defense: Advantage Pats

Pats run offense vs Rams run defense: Advantage Pats because of their versatility

Rams pass offense vs Pats pass defense: Wash

Rams run offense vs Pats run defense: big advantage Rams only if Gurley is healthy. Anderson is kinda overrated imo.

Rams special teams vs Pats special teams: Advantage Rams

Rams coaching vs Pats coaching: Advantage Pats based on the experience factor

Intangibles: seems like advantage Pats - seems like a pro Pats crowd tomorrow, among other intangibles.

Ha my nerves are starting to really get to me. Sweating. Fast heart rate. Hands shaking. I am not even in the game. Can't imagine how the players feel.
Cool as cucumbers because they are prepared and confident

Actually the way to assess it really should be like this:

Pats passing offense vs Rams pass defense: Advantage Pats

Pats run offense vs Rams run defense: Advantage Pats because of their versatility

Rams pass offense vs Pats pass defense: Wash

Rams run offense vs Pats run defense: big advantage Rams only if Gurley is healthy. Anderson is kinda overrated imo.

Rams special teams vs Pats special teams: Advantage Rams

Rams coaching vs Pats coaching: Advantage Pats based on the experience factor

Intangibles: seems like advantage Pats - seems like a pro Pats crowd tomorrow, among other intangibles.

I think this is fair and accurate. The only thing I’ll say about Pats Passing offense vs Rams Pass defense is that there is a lot of things that go into that (pass rush, coverage, protection). It will be interesting to see how all of that plays out.

We’re finally only a day out folks.

Reactions: sb1
Don’t get me wrong, I respect the heck out of
Mc Vay, but there are layers to coaching. It’s not just Belichick. Flores, ST coaches, Scouting, Preparation, Experience. Also, have you ever heard of some guy named Ernie Adams? ;)

This is interesting. The coaching staff as a whole is absolutely important. I think the staff McVay assembled around him was very impressive.

From what I’ve read and been told is that there is a lot of advanced research going on behind the scenes in LA. I don’t know what all that includes, but I do know it’s beyond Jeff Fishers capabilities. Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back