PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

“defense is full of bad players“

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's fine but again, people, need to understand it's about how they lost.

That's why this week is a critical week. A loss and, yes very bad things are coming.

The only thing that's critical this week is that they get better than last week. That's it. Win or loss.

No Hightower. No Dola, playing in a dome against Drew Brees and an improved Saints defense....could be a tough game

Not could be. Will be. Of course let's see what the Saints look like tonight first.

This isn't our (not even our grandfathers lol) Patriots team. This is a completely different animal, and that was shown to be by TB12 pointed comments post game. Corroborated by Solder, Harmon and Andrews. Thus, the head in the sanders and the pie in the skiers have absolutely no clue where this team is going to go. To dismiss either completely out of hand is irresponsible.

So Flowers and Butler alone forced hurries on a third of Smith's dropbacks

B-b-b-but all the doom and gloomers said the pass rush was non-exsistant

A. Smith
...28/35... 368 yds... 4TDs

155 yards and 2 TD of that came on 2 passes,. Hill beating zone coverage in which McCourty took blame for and a RB who was covered by a guy who came to NE 4 days prior and was in the game because every other OLB wasn't available.

4 drives of over 90 yards!! That is more 90+ yard drives than KC had all of last year!!!

The lack of depth at both DE and LB, were obvious long before Thursday night! So the mere fact that a guy who has been with the team for 4 days was even on the field is an indictment of the whole process! The Patriots have exactly two guys in their front seven that scare anyone (Hightower and Flowers) and the rest are pedestrian at best!

Nobody (except BB) gives away front seven talent, so don't expect it to get better anytime soon.

My memory must be failing.

Did they win or lose that game?

lol, are you trolling ?

You are seriously trying to convince people of how awful and revealing the KC loss was but cant even remember how we started the 2014 season with an even bigger stinker in Miami ?

155 yards and 2 TD of that came on 2 passes,. Hill beating zone coverage in which McCourty took blame for and a RB who was covered by a guy who came to NE 4 days prior and was in the game because every other OLB wasn't available.

Evan Lazar from PatsPulpit went through the game pretty comprehensively. DMac not only took the blame but actually really was to blame for that bust:

The interesting thing that I observed which would explain how Marsh ended up the closest player on Hunt on the other long touchdown is that looking at those two scenes:

It looks like it was a coaching point that if Hill set up to run a sweep one of the safeties had to crash down to the box immediately and would have to cover Hill on his presumed sweep. Just look how exactly in the moment Hill goes in motion Harmon comes crashing down and vacates exactly the area of the field where Smith will find Hunt with Marsh in pursuit.

Irrelevant. They gave up. That's point is concrete and without rebuttal.

Nobody gave up.. look how DMac ****ing hunted Hunt down:

That is not giving up..

No it isn't.
It is your opinion.

Then it's mine along with most if not all of those who cover the team locally and nationally.

Pretty sure I'll take everyday.

Billy had a run of using 7 of 8 first round picks on the D recently. He isn't so bad a drafter that he would have a D full of bad players after that enormous expenditure. He will right that ship directly I expect. We've seen these sorts of anomalies before get corrected quickly.

Then it's mine along with most if not all of those who cover the team locally and nationally.

Pretty sure I'll take everyday.
Oh really?

Reiss? Curran? Rapaport? Yates? Breer? Price?

Please provide links to where they all saud the patriots quit.

4 drives of over 90 yards!! That is more 90+ yard drives than KC had all of last year!!!

The lack of depth at both DE and LB, were obvious long before Thursday night! So the mere fact that a guy who has been with the team for 4 days was even on the field is an indictment of the whole process! The Patriots have exactly two guys in their front seven that scare anyone (Hightower and Flowers) and the rest are pedestrian at best!

Nobody (except BB) gives away front seven talent, so don't expect it to get better anytime soon.

Yeah, BB sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots