PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

“defense is full of bad players“

Status
Not open for further replies.
4 drives of over 90 yards!! That is more 90+ yard drives than KC had all of last year!!!
The fact that they gave up SIX touchdowns without even turning the ball over once is the concerning stat for me.

The four 90+ drives stat is amazing, too.

I do believe that this is a much better team than what we saw, and it was a close game until the last 10 minutes, so there are some positives.

several guys not usually outspoken talked about attitude

here's from the youngster today

@AndyJohnson

This is from the mouth of a rookie. Care to dispute?

And here's from Curran.

"But the lack of energy and intensity was on display when the Chiefs ran for 58 and 21 yards on consecutive plays en route to a touchdown that allowed the Chiefs to salt it away. And in the air of offensive resignation on the Patriots final drives."

Curran: Patriots lament lack of intensity in stunning loss to Chiefs

Last edited:
@AndyJohnson

This is from the mouth of a rookie. Care to dispute?

And here's from Curran.

"But the lack of energy and intensity was on display when the Chiefs ran for 58 and 21 yards on consecutive plays en route to a touchdown that allowed the Chiefs to salt it away. And in the air of offensive resignation on the Patriots final drives."

Curran: Patriots lament lack of intensity in stunning loss to Chiefs
You said they gave up and almost if not everyone who follows the team says so because you think opinion is fact.
You have one comment about intensity and a probable misquote from a rookie.

You said they gave up and almost if not everyone who follows the team says so because you think opinion is fact.
You have one comment about intensity and a probable misquote from a rookie.

You are hilarious. You are wrong. Just deal with it.

It was somewhat surprising to hear hints of attitude (“urgency“ etc.) problems - maybe not so much from Brady but more from guys like Solder and Gilmore. Gilmore mumbled about the lack of hunger: “Just gotta go out and play with a hungry attitude,” he said. “We’ve got to be hungry out there on the field. I don’t think we’ve done that as as team.”

Without hunger it is hard to win in this league no matter the roster or game plan. Bad game and the loss should make them hungrier in NO..
I think some of the new guys may have thought that moving from a bad team to the Patriots would magically ensure wins. So they may have been feeling less hungry already. Now they'll get a heaping helping of humble pie to whet their appetites for some N'awlins fodder.

No it doesn't. It shows that the depth was not there at OLB in the scheme they were running.

Ninkovich retired
Rivers is out for the season
McClellin is on IR
Langi was out with a concussion

Those are all guys that would have been ahead of Richards and Marsh at OLB.

Then Hightower went out. When Hightower went out Pats were leading and then 2 drives later they gave up the Hunt 80 yard TD to Hightower's side.

Might have to go back to a 4-3 base
Why would you have Marsh, a DE covering a scat back on a deep patern? Who buy the way has been on the Team for 5 days.?
Like him to stay DE. Never saw Ninc covering a RB 50 yards down field.

Ayers has been in. He knows Matty's system. He was effective in 2014 starting 4 games with 4 sacks and an INT. You need to find a DE with rush speed. Kruger is on the street.
My choice still would be LB Mychal Kendricks.

Think Marsh will wind up ok from what I saw.
DW Toys

155 yards and 2 TD of that came on 2 passes,. Hill beating zone coverage in which McCourty took blame for and a RB who was covered by a guy who came to NE 4 days prior and was in the game because every other OLB wasn't available.

And how many OLB's are available next week?

You are hilarious. You are wrong. Just deal with it.
How am I wrong when you said almost every if not everyone covering the team locally or nationally says they quit when you have yet to show one that says that or more than one that even hints at it?

You said your opinion is a fact based on that, and you haven't come close to backimg up what you claimed.

How am I wrong when you said almost every if not everyone covering the team locally or nationally says they quit when you have yet to show one that says that or more than one that even hints at it?

You said your opinion is a fact based on that, and you haven't come close to backimg up what you claimed.

Good god. I just gave two examples. I'm not going to dig more up just so you can come up with some useless rebuttal just because you won't admit you are wrong.

You are wrong. You know it. If you don't know it then I will leave what is to be said unsaid.

I think some of the new guys may have thought that moving from a bad team to the Patriots would magically ensure wins. So they may have been feeling less hungry already. Now they'll get a heaping helping of humble pie to whet their appetites for some N'awlins fodder.

I wouldn't really worry about it. Many new players, many injured players, many players in new positions, many missing most of preseason. They felt lost a bit out there. That's on the coaches too. They need some time to become a team. This loss could speed up the process.

Only had the time to re-watch 1st half (when Pats were always leading and had many chances to seriously pull away). Guys missing most of preseason looked all somewhat lost or were missing a step: Branch, Harmon, Hightower, Solder, also Gillislee, Burkhead, Gronk a bit cautious.. KVN lost as well (not played like that much before).. Defensive game plan seemed a bit forced in regard to that situation.

So “attitude/urgency“ issue was not about character but feeling a bit lost. When all 11 know their job 100% and are comfortable and confident about it and their teammates then the true glueing starts.

And as Lombardi said, there's no one taking better advantage of what is put on film than BB&co. That is also one of the reason why Pats are harder to beat later in the season.

Last edited:
It is possible that a couple of guys "gave up?" Or maybe just diddnt fight as hard as they could near the end. There is a big difference between "They gave up" and a couple of players not giving it their "all" at the end. If there are reporters who can show that the "team" gave up I would like to see what they wrote.

Think Marsh will wind up ok from what I saw.
DW Toys

Agreed.

We will be OK at DE with Flowers, Marsh, Wise and Guy. We will even get some inside pass rush from Butler (and perhaps from Brown).

The issue is OLB or OLB/DE. IMHO, we need Van Noy to move outside.

Good god. I just gave two examples. I'm not going to dig more up just so you can come up with some useless rebuttal just because you won't admit you are wrong.

You are wrong. You know it. If you don't know it then I will leave what is to be said unsaid.
It's your opinion and clearly is not being said by "every or almost everyone that covers the team locally and nationally"
Opinions are opinions.

You don't seem to know the difference between an opinion and a fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes