PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

‘Character coach’ Jack Easterby is leaving the Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure what his stance was. He never came out and publicly claimed he was leaving because of Kraft. At least I havent read anything like that.

His contract expired and he may have been looking for a change of scenery or more money.

If he left over Kraft then it’s a bad look imo. If you are a character coach I would assume you shouldn’t leave when adversity hits. You work to fix what’s wrong. I don’t know, not that big of a deal, there are so many good ones out there, it’s not like he can’t be replaced.
This article believes it was the reason but having your contract expire isn’t exactly quitting either.
Report: Patriots 'character coach,' Bill Belichick confidant leaving amid Robert Kraft scandal

He's changing his name to "Pastor Buck" and opening up the Church of Green Heaven...bless you my son...and be sure to leave $500 cash in the collection basket..PRAISE G Suss!
My favorite blessing:

Sometimes wives, family or greener pastures can influence these types of decisions... not sure had much to do with or attempt to influence our 77 year old owner...

I can’t remmeber who now, but somebody recently reported that Easterby was going to Indy with McDaniels last year until that fell apart. Any Kraft impact seems to be overblown. Easterby has been looking for other opportunities for at least a year.

All the articles being sourced here are based entirely, or nearly so, on the Globe article, which was just speculation.
Yup.
I think less than 50% of what gets “reported” from inside foxboro is real and most that has been slanted or embellished
“It was reported” is a very low standard of it being true

I can’t remmeber who now, but somebody recently reported that Easterby was going to Indy with McDaniels last year until that fell apart. Any Kraft impact seems to be overblown. Easterby has been looking for other opportunities for at least a year.
I don’t remember that but if true it is important. Well important to a not very important conversation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes