PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why is O'Brien not fired?

Not sure if I would want O'Brien back even if it is the case. He is more innovative than Belichick when it comes to offense, but I don't know if he really would run a modern offense the way it should. I was for O'Brien primarily because he was the best that Belichick would work with and O'Brien was best suited for Mac Jones. But with both Belichick and Mac likely gone, I don't see the need for O'Brien.

My current favorite for OC next year is Brian Griese. What he is doing for Brock Purdy is nothing short of spectacular. Purdy is still a limited QB in a lot of ways who might end up being MVP.
Why would he leave SF? He'd have to be HC.

Why would he leave SF? He'd have to be HC.

He is the QBs coach in San Fran. He has a lot of input on the offense, but even as OC it is Shanahan's offense and he is running the show. Griese would get a promotion coming here for the OC and have more control.

justin long film GIF

This is better than the dead horse emoji for you, because HE WAS NEVER A PATRIOT! LET IT GO!
Office Monkey GIF
Holding On For Dear Life GIF by Big Brother

If you give Michelangelo manure, do you criticize his ugly statue ? That dude worked with marble.

Which one is BOB working with… ?

@Steve102 all in good fun buddy i'm cool. :)

Once Onwenu was moved to right tackle, the line solidified with Sow at guard.
Yeah, that was true. Was.

Did you watch the Chargers game? Onwenu blew chunks. Sow missed blocks and got beat.

Rham was hurt on the play when Onwenu missed his guy.

I dunno bud. I am watching whoever is at OT look horrendous. Turnstile.
To think Dawand Jones, a RT and a starter as a rookie for the Browns, was available for us in the third round and we went defense with a tweener from Sacramento State. And that was a position that held us hostage last year.

Much like Onwenu, he fell in the draft because of valid concerns about his weight.

To think Dawand Jones, a RT and a starter as a rookie for the Browns, was available for us in the third round and we went defense with a tweener from Sacramento State. And that was a position that held us hostage last year.

Much like Onwenu, he fell in the draft because of valid concerns about his weight.
Don't really care, TBH. I'm done *****ing about this pick over this guy instead of that guy. We certainly will have crystal clear 20/20 vision in hindsight, so doing it, to me anyway, just is an exercise in futility. The guys who are here are here. I am over Bill picking his type of guy based on coachability when a better athlete is/was available. The whole thing is a mess. Ready to move on to 2024.

Bill O'Brien is everything the world decided Matt Patricia was the second he was hired as our OC and apparently will continue to falsely believe forever. Patricia was competent and comparatively good, at the very least. Zappe showed promise and poise and coachability. Zappe IMHO is better and has more potential than Brock Purdy. Specifically, were their circumstances exchanged, Zappe would be doing better with SF and Purdy would be doing worse in NE.

O'Brien's hiring was trumpeted by the media as the Most Significant Improvement To The New England Patriots This Offseason, when in fact it is the worst detriment. Bill O'Brien may be a nice person but he is a terrible coach, specifically a terrible OC.

He hasn't been fired because this organization is in a state of total constipation right now.

Bill O'Brien is everything the world decided Matt Patricia was the second he was hired as our OC and apparently will continue to falsely believe forever. Patricia was competent and comparatively good, at the very least. Zappe showed promise and poise and coachability. Zappe IMHO is better and has more potential than Brock Purdy. Specifically, were their circumstances exchanged, Zappe would be doing better with SF and Purdy would be doing worse in NE.

O'Brien's hiring was trumpeted by the media as the Most Significant Improvement To The New England Patriots This Offseason, when in fact it is the worst detriment. Bill O'Brien may be a nice person but he is a terrible coach, specifically a terrible OC.

He hasn't been fired because this organization is in a state of total constipation right now.
If you hadn't had a chance, Curran reported that Bill O'Brien isn't allowed to run his offense. So that may in fact have alot to do.. not excusing the bad QB play.. but as the season wears on more layers are being uncovered. As well as Bill I don't see O'Brien here next season.

Yeah, that was true. Was.

Did you watch the Chargers game? Onwenu blew chunks. Sow missed blocks and got beat.

Rham was hurt on the play when Onwenu missed his guy.
So, that was the first sack Onwenu gave up at tackle all year.

That's the standard?

Let me tell you and this is a guarantee: you're not going to like any of the tackles that are either signed or drafted for the next 15 years.

One of the reasons O'Brien isn't fired is because there's no point in doing that right now. Zero, nilch, nada to gain.

Another reason is that it's almost unheard of for BB to fire anyone on his staff. There was the Guglielmo fiasco and I can't think of any others off the top of my head. Nearly everyone that has left has done so of their own free will (only to end up getting fired elsewhere).

One of the reasons O'Brien isn't fired is because there's no point in doing that right now. Zero, nilch, nada to gain.

Another reason is that it's almost unheard of for BB to fire anyone on his staff. There was the Guglielmo fiasco and I can't think of any others off the top of my head. Nearly everyone that has left has done so of their own free will (only to end up getting fired elsewhere).
Your referring to the O line coach right? If so I remember Bill fired him immediately after the AFC Championship game against the Broncos.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back