PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why is O'Brien not fired?

ahmed

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I get we would never fire Bill in season and I am all for that. However, why is O'Brien still with this team? Can't fathom a worse offense in the league than ours.

Don't care about this offense looks more modern or whatever other crap excuse I have heard. The facts are we are a guarbage offense and a defensive coordinator had us playing better.

Steelers fired Canada (btw I felt attacked everytime I saw a Fire Canada post or article of which there were many). Why can we not do the same? We should not allow such pure incompetence without some sort of action because then you are just saying you accept it and it shows zero accountability.

You can't make chicken salad with chicken ****. If you have no talent on offense (other than Rham, Zeke, Henry), it doesn't matter how well you scheme things up.

Also, you gain nothing by firing him. The season's lost anyway. There are a bunch of crappy teams out there who haven't fired their OC despite their offensive ineptitude.

I get we would never fire Bill in season and I am all for that. However, why is O'Brien still with this team? Can't fathom a worse offense in the league than ours.

Don't care about this offense looks more modern or whatever other crap excuse I have heard. The facts are we are a guarbage offense and a defensive coordinator had us playing better.

Steelers fired Canada (btw I felt attacked everytime I saw a Fire Canada post or article of which there were many). Why can we not do the same? We should not allow such pure incompetence without some sort of action because then you are just saying you accept it and it shows zero accountability.
We know so little about the actual comings and goings of the coaching that we have to guess what's going on. I'll give it a shot though.

I'm pretty sure that Bill makes the calls on his coaching staff and I get the feeling that Bill was waiting for Obey and brought in Patricia and Judge to hold the fort. I don't think Bill will dump one of his coaching pals during the season.

The offense is incredibly bad though. I saw one stat of how few points the Pats gave up on defense in four games and still lost was worse than a team from 1938, an era when the rules didn't favor the offense. I think we all want to blame the QB but I see a hell of a lot more than bad QBing when I watch our nonexistent offense. And we all know who picked every player.

Is that bad?

I mean, there are several reasons to fire an OC mid-season, but I'm not sure any of them apply to this year's Patriots:

1) You're a playoff contender, but your offense needs a spark that the current guy just isn't giving them. Probably why the Steelers fired Canada, but definitely doesn't apply to the Pats.

2) You have a young QB who you want to start learning a new type of scheme. I think that's what the Patriots SHOULD want to do, but they don't have the young QB (with a future) on the roster yet, and no one who would replace OB at this point in the season is going to do anything different.

3) You're a HC on his last legs and you're trying to scapegoat someone. I'm sure some here would argue that about BB, but everything we've ever seen from him makes it very unlikely he would do that to O'Brien. MAYBE he would in the offseason, but not midseason, it's just not his style.

All in all, what's the point now? Ride it out for this year. You're likely to have a brand new young QB to work with next year, so start fresh then. You're not getting a "the next great young OC" in the building midseason anyway.

They're all gonna get fired this off-season.

We really should have a thread up by now on who's gonna be our next coach.

Same reason as exact same time as last year for Patty... because it's "too hard."

So we drafting all defense this offseason?

BOB is moving on to coach NCAA as a HC.

Josh McDonalds is coming back next season as OC.
kristen stewart part GIF

Go Josh McDonalds. I wonder what he'll do with Carter.
carter?

i think i'm missing/have forgotten something here

You can't make chicken salad with chicken ****. If you have no talent on offense (other than Rham, Zeke, Henry), it doesn't matter how well you scheme things up.

Also, you gain nothing by firing him. The season's lost anyway. There are a bunch of crappy teams out there who haven't fired their OC despite their offensive ineptitude.
Josh McDaniels made an Omelet. :)

I have advocated your very thoughts BOB is done as a OC in Todays NFL.

Last edited:

I wouldn't call Hunter Henry a talent he's very Meh imo.

Answers:

1) Bill O'Brien is a fully vested member of the Belichick Friends & Family Coalition, immune from accountability, fully funded by Kraft Bucks

2)
Will Ferrell GIF by Team Coco

Last edited:
carter?

i think i'm missing/have forgotten something here
Just repeating Triumph clownery. Thinks Parker's last name is Carter. He probably really thinks McDaniels last name is McDonalds.
A poster on here called him Carter. That’s what he’s referring to.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back