PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why is O'Brien not fired?

Once Onwenu was moved to right tackle, the line solidified with Sow at guard.

This team blows holes open in the running game, which is an incredible thing to be able to do when the opposing team sees absolutely no threat of a long pass. And when you mix in the screen game, they've got 8 guys in the box and 9 guys in the line of scrimmage. Last several weeks with the exception of last week's game, they've provided plenty of pass protection as well.

A decent QB makes this OL look really good.
Yeah people are nuts to think our OL is bad. It's somewhere around 12-18th in pass protection (though hard to tell with abysmal QB play) and easily top 10 in run blocking. At this point all we need is an elite LT and an eye towards David Andrews eventual replacement. Or if in the off season Onwenu goes back to RG, Sow to LG, and Strange to Center. That interior should make grooming two Tackles a whole lot easier.

Joe Judge the ST guru should follow him out the door, our ST's suck and that was always a perennial strength..

I dunno bud. I am watching whoever is at OT look horrendous. Turnstile.
LT was a disaster with Lowe. Trent Brown has given up. McDermott is serviceable but will be upgraded.

Simple answer to the original question - ‘cause Matt Patricia is tied up with another gig….

So if a coach told you to go play like **** so the team can get a better pick you would do it?
No but then coach could tweak the game plan to put the players in a disadvantage.
Either that or the coaches know the offense will fail on its own.
Hard to believe the coaches see this product and biggest solution is we need to do the little things better.

This is an all out tank for Maye or Williams.
if that is the case Bill is either going to back or is doing Krafts work and setting his franchise ip up for success while hitting his own legacy so that seems more than unlikely to me.

Should of traded Brown for a third or second when we had the chance.
As soon as we saw Brown was having motivation issues that’s recipe for disaster.
I don’t care if you’re running a food truck I don’t care it’s a Walmart greeter, once you have an employee who doesn’t give a crap you do whatever to remove them.

Bill traded away both Glenn and Moss, and cut Jack Jones.
Yet we gave Brown a raise after video clips were posted online of his lackluster effort or inability to play at a high level today. What can you do for me today not what did you do last year.

Joe Judge the ST guru should follow him out the door, our ST's suck and that was always a perennial strength..
And Cam Achord I hate to say it but also Troy Brown the coach couldn’t hold Troy Brown the players Jock.

This season can't end soon enough. I can't wait to see what who stays, who goes, and where we draft.

We're onto 2024/5

No but then coach could tweak the game plan to put the players in a disadvantage.
Either that or the coaches know the offense will fail on its own.
Hard to believe the coaches see this product and biggest solution is we need to do the little things better.

This is an all out tank for Maye or Williams.
if that is the case Bill is either going to back or is doing Krafts work and setting his franchise ip up for success while hitting his own legacy so that seems more than unlikely to me.

Why would a coach do that? Like the players they are being paid for the product on the field, and bad tape and losing games costs them $$$.

GM’s and owners can try to tank a season, as Pollian did in Indy, by making or not making roster decisions. But players and coaches get paid by performance, and they can’t use “ well we were losing on purpose” as a justification” for their ****ty performances. Andrew saw what happens when the owner tried to pay a coach to lose, as it happened in Miami with Flores.

I will however give you credit for answering the question. Because a number of people here keep claiming they are tanking, but won’t answer when the question is asked to them whether they would do it if asked. They are willing to accuse others of doing it, with no evidence to back it up, but refuse to say whether they would do it.

Why would a coach do that? Like the players they are being paid for the product on the field, and bad tape and losing games costs them $$$.

GM’s and owners can try to tank a season, as Pollian did in Indy, by making or not making roster decisions. But players and coaches get paid by performance, and they can’t use “ well we were losing on purpose” as a justification” for their ****ty performances. Andrew saw what happens when the owner tried to pay a coach to lose, as it happened in Miami with Flores.

I will however give you credit for answering the question. Because a number of people here keep claiming they are tanking, but won’t answer when the question is asked to them whether they would do it if asked. They are willing to accuse others of doing it, with no evidence to back it up, but refuse to say whether they would do it.
Flores and Ross is a different situation than BB and Kraft they have worked together so long then know each others skeletons and respect one another.

Of course tanking wasn’t the plan week 1 or even week 5.

But the injuries on both sides of the ball the ineptness of the QBs a discussion could have happened.
I refuse to believe Bill and Obrein have completely lost it.
The only rational explanation is a tank.
Evidence would be no movement at the trade desdline.

Flores and Ross is a different situation than BB and Kraft they have worked together so long then know each others skeletons and respect one another.

But the injuries on both sides of the ball the ineptness of the QBs a discussion could have happened.

The rational explanation is that the QB’s suck. Belichick is chasing the all time wins record, he’s not losing on purpose. What the Flores situation proves is that when an owner asks a coach to tank the coach tells them to pound sand. And they brought in J.C.Jackson right around the trade deadline, and lack of movement then isn’t evidence of anything other than that there were no good deals to make. Saying it proves they are tanking, when you don’t know what deals they could have or should have made proves absolutely nothing.

So they are getting the defense to play their asses off while simultaneously deliberately having the offense play like ****. That’s idiotic.

FWIW, I just heard on the radio that several reporters are reporting that O'Brien doesn't have total say on the offense and Belichick still has control and he is making a lot of decisions on plays and strategies.

I am not sympathetic to BOB at all he let D-Hop leave the building I knew that move was going come back and bite us in the @ss. BB wouldn't be worrying about his job if he had signed that guy total arrogance eventually catches up with us Checkers vs chess. :rolleyes:

justin long film GIF

This is better than the dead horse emoji for you, because HE WAS NEVER A PATRIOT! LET IT GO!
Office Monkey GIF

FWIW, I just heard on the radio that several reporters are reporting that O'Brien doesn't have total say on the offense and Belichick still has control and he is making a lot of decisions on plays and strategies.
if so then i would give him another shot, if not then fire his ass

0 offense development except douglas.

didn't read whole thread but Breer reported last night that OBrien is prevented from running "his" offense. Ted Johnson followed up and intimated that this is actually the "Belichick" offense and Bill the duplicitous pond scum that he is, actually calls two minute, four minute and other portions of the offense. I don't doubt this one bit.

if so then i would give him another shot, if not then fire his ass

0 offense development except douglas.

Not sure if I would want O'Brien back even if it is the case. He is more innovative than Belichick when it comes to offense, but I don't know if he really would run a modern offense the way it should. I was for O'Brien primarily because he was the best that Belichick would work with and O'Brien was best suited for Mac Jones. But with both Belichick and Mac likely gone, I don't see the need for O'Brien.

My current favorite for OC next year is Brian Griese. What he is doing for Brock Purdy is nothing short of spectacular. Purdy is still a limited QB in a lot of ways who might end up being MVP.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back