PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why is O'Brien not fired?

QB is the most important position in sports.

QB is the most important position in sports.
I guess I look at it as what would firing BoB fix at this point? Look at the individual units:

OLs: bad. Worst in the league.
QBs: bad. Worst in the league.

That's enough, stop right there.

TEs: Better than average, but where's Gesicki? Is he checked out? Henry is good, likely the best player on offense not the Stevenson is out. Brown is a pleasant surprise.
RBs: Good, but not as good as people want to think. Stevenson is excellent, but he's done. Zeke is fine. There's no Faulk or White in this group.
WRs: Bad, but not as horrible... yeah they are horrible. Bourne and Douglas are probably ok but they are out. Parker is meh, JJSS is no where near what Meyers was. Thornton sucks, and Boutte can't get on the field, which tells me that he's really not putting it together somewhere during the week. Reagal or Reagor or whatever Targaryen name he is is bad, too.

Firing BoB doesn't improve these units, because the first two are so bad. Just my thought. Fix the line, fix the QB, and everything else will improve exponentially.

Last edited:
O'Brien has had some bad games this year, but Belichick gave him nothing to work with. As much as Belichick has left his QBs hung out to dry, he did the same with the OC. The talent on this offense is considerably worse than last year and it wasn't good last year. There has been a steady decline in offensive talent.

Somehow Arizona and Carolina have scored more points than the sorry ass piss poor excuse for an nfl offense.
Bill and Bob should be ashamed of themselves.

O'Brien has had some bad games this year, but Belichick gave him nothing to work with. As much as Belichick has left his QBs hung out to dry, he did the same with the OC. The talent on this offense is considerably worse than last year and it wasn't good last year. There has been a steady decline in offensive talent.
I am not sympathetic to BOB at all he let D-Hop leave the building I knew that move was going come back and bite us in the @ss. BB wouldn't be worrying about his job if he had signed that guy total arrogance eventually catches up with us Checkers vs chess. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I guess I look at it as what would firing BoB fix at this point? Look at the individual units:

OLs: bad. Worst in the league.
QBs: bad. Worst in the league.
Once Onwenu was moved to right tackle, the line solidified with Sow at guard.

This team blows holes open in the running game, which is an incredible thing to be able to do when the opposing team sees absolutely no threat of a long pass. And when you mix in the screen game, they've got 8 guys in the box and 9 guys in the line of scrimmage. Last several weeks with the exception of last week's game, they've provided plenty of pass protection as well.

A decent QB makes this OL look really good.

This team blows holes open in the running game, which is an incredible thing to be able to do when the opposing team sees absolutely no threat of a long pass. And when you mix in the screen game, they've got 8 guys in the box and 9 guys in the line of scrimmage. Last several weeks with the exception of last week's game, they've provided plenty of pass protection as well.

Am you would you like next year @ QB?? I am cool with Penix .Jr - Nix or Daniels.

I dunno bud. I am watching whoever is at OT look horrendous. Turnstile.

Both QBs are awful. The offensive line is awful. The receivers are awful.

Some of that does need to come down to the offensive coaches. Maybe our positional coaches are absolute garbage such as Klemm or Troy Brown.

I don’t blame BOB too much but it’s been bad enough where I’m good with not bringing him back.

Both QBs are awful. The offensive line is awful. The receivers are awful.

Some of that does need to come down to the offensive coaches. Maybe our positional coaches are absolute garbage such as Klemm or Troy Brown.

I don’t blame BOB too much but it’s been bad enough where I’m good with not bringing him back.
Klemm has been out. Is he back yet?
https://www.si.com/nfl/patriots/new...klemm-out-health-bill-belichick-reveal-reason

His health issue: he can't stomach how bad this team is.

Thank you, I'll be here all week.
Robert De Niro Comedy GIF by Lionsgate

The OC calls the plays. If he has average receivers a poor OL and bad QBs

What exactly can he do?

I've been a Bill defender until recently but one of the things that has always annoyed me is that he gives loyalty and commitment to underperforming coaches that he would never give to his players. He would have kept Patricia and Judge in place if Kraft hadn't forced him to remove them. He still managed to keep Judge around with a promotion. He held on to Cam Achord despite us having some of the worst and highest paid special teams in the league the past two years. It's not clear exactly what Troy Brown is doing with the WRs but its nothing positive. Same for Bill O'Brien.

It's why it annoyed me so much when he called out his rookie kicker last week. There are many more culpable people and yet he would never call out his special teams coordinator.

Am you would you like next year @ QB?? I am cool with Penix .Jr - Nix or Daniels.
I think we've had this conversation. I've watched Nix and Penix in 2 games, and I thought they would be horrible picks for the Patriots. I would forego both of them for a WR and a tackle instead. Sign a veteran. Daniels I like a lot more, and Caleb Williams.

I dunno bud. I am watching whoever is at OT look horrendous. Turnstile.
I think they said during the broadcast that Onwenu gave up one sack all year, and that was at guard. First sack he gave up at T was yesterday. Brown isn't good or great, but he is mediocre (in other words, 1/3rd of the starting LTs in the league are worse). I'm on record that they need to draft a tackle high, but that doesn't change the performance this line has put together, which is good since they got Onwenu and Strange back from injury, then had Sow take over for Mafi.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Back