PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why do people want Brandon Lloyd cut?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Lloyd. I think he had decent production for a 3/4 option. I don't think the price they are paying for him is a great bargain but its notbad. He is getting what he deserves. And as for the people saying he didn't get enough touchdowns. How many TDs would you like the Patriots to get? When Gronk is back healthy you all will be complaining if: he doesn't get at least 20, Hernandez needs 15, another 15 for Welker if he comes back, gotta have at least 12 for Ridley, Then if Vereen, Woodhead and Edleman don't get at least 7 or 8 a piece they will all be waste of a roster spot... I think its time to get real with the production we expect out of these guys. There are only so many TDs to go around, and the Pats have a lot of other red zone targets. Lloyd is what he is.

Thats why McD should do it...he had pretty good luck doing it in Denver.

Oh really? Didn't he draft Tebow?

Neither of these guys should be allowed to draft a WR. But alas they will pee away another high pick..

So you start by claiming they shouldn't draft WRs and should only go the FA route. You then admit to 3 success picks out of 9, with most of the picks being 3rd round and later. Given the parameters, the success rate isn't all that much lower than would be expected.

The blind squirrel thing makes no sense under the circumstances.

1 for 3 w/2nd round guys. Since round 2 is a 50/50 proposition in general, and the number is odd, but on track for that 50/50 split if the next pick is a success, there's no issue here.

2 for 6 w/lower than second round guys. Are you really trying to argue that a 33% hit rate on lower WR picks is a bad number?

Nope. BB had 5 high picks for WR and only one worked out...for a few years now he is broken down mule.

Oh really? Didn't he draft Tebow?

Neither of these guys should be allowed to draft a WR. But alas they will pee away another high pick..
Which of Decker or Thomas didn't you like?

Nope. BB had 5 high picks for WR and only one worked out...for a few years now he is broken down mule.

So you have no argument when confronted with the actual facts. That's what I thought.

Not me, I love Lloyd and what he's done this season. He's the best wide receiver currently signed on the roster and if Welker doesn't resign, Brady will be looking #85's way for sure next season. Lloyd will be even better next year. Don't forget that Lloyd was brought in for cheap.

The big question is, who is going to line up opposite Lloyd next season? And who will fill out the WR depth chart? Speed, size and depth is needed.

I don't want him to be cut..I want him to be more sociable.........he's my neighbor and acts like he's god.....friggin say hello every once in a while instead of walking by me with you head down and headphones on....jerk....:)
\

So you have no argument when confronted with the actual facts. That's what I thought.

Five high picks and four busts. And one spectacular screwup--Sharon Tate instead of Wallace. Breathtakingly bad drafting. BB can draft some positions but not WR. FA is the way to go.

Lloyd should not be cut. He is a good number 2 or 3 WR.

Five high picks and four busts. And one spectacular screwup--Sharon Tate instead of Wallace. Breathtakingly bad drafting. BB can draft some positions but not WR. FA is the way to go.

Lloyd should not be cut. He is a good number 2 or 3 WR.

Again, you have no argument. Data arguments simply don't back your claim. 9 picks from various parts of the draft, 2 of which were obviously flier picks (Tate, Sam) and 3 hits.

3 picks in the second, and 1-for-3. It's not "breathtakingly bad" at all, particularly for WRs.

I don't want him to be cut..I want him to be more sociable.........he's my neighbor and acts like he's god.....friggin say hello every once in a while instead of walking by me with you head down and headphones on....jerk....:)
\

Don't say 'hello' too loud...it may cause him to instantly drop to the ground. The good news is that he will land for a first down.

:D

I kid, I kid.

Not me, I love Lloyd and what he's done this season. He's the best wide receiver currently signed on the roster and if Welker doesn't resign, Brady will be looking #85's way for sure next season. Lloyd will be even better next year. Don't forget that Lloyd was brought in for cheap.

The big question is, who is going to line up opposite Lloyd next season? And who will fill out the WR depth chart? Speed, size and depth is needed.

He's getting $5M in new money in 2013. At best, he's the #3 option in the passing offense. His cap number is higher than Gronk's or Hernandez'. Do you think he's more valuable than either of those two?

He's getting $5M in new money in 2013. At best, he's the #3 option in the passing offense. His cap number is higher than Gronk's or Hernandez'. Do you think he's more valuable than either of those two?
You can't compare him to the other options already on the team. You have to compare him to the alternative. Are the Pats going to find another 900 or so yard receiver for less than $4.5M against the cap?

You can't compare him to the other options already on the team. You have to compare him to the alternative. Are the Pats going to find another 900 or so yard receiver for less than $4.5M against the cap?

The short answer is yes. In 2011 without Lloyd, Tom Brady completed 401 passes. In 2012 with Lloyd, Tom Brady completed...wait for it...401 passes. If Lloyd is not around in 2013, I don't expect Tom Brady's stats to be affected much, if at all.

The short answer is yes. In 2011 without Lloyd, Tom Brady completed 401 passes. In 2012 with Lloyd, Tom Brady completed...wait for it...401 passes. If Lloyd is not around in 2013, I don't expect Tom Brady's stats to be affected much, if at all.

Brady also went basically six games without Gronk this year and last year Gronk broke the single season records for a TE in yards and TDs. So if totally ignore that Brady went a third of the season without the best TE in football this year, you got a point.

And Hernandez was hobbled all this year too. Although he missed a couple of games last year too.

if lloyd isn't around...and hernandez, gronk or welker go down for a few games...we are F'ed without with him..what other options do we have? Woodhead?

if lloyd isn't around...and hernandez, gronk or welker go down for a few games...we are F'ed without with him..what other options do we have? Woodhead?

If Lloyd does ever become the last man standing (Or should I say diving/falling), hopefully he can ramp up his YAC and surpass his 0.5 YAC in the playoffs. Just diving forward could get him over that elusive 1 YAC average.

If Lloyd does ever become the last man standing (Or should I say diving/falling), hopefully he can ramp up his YAC and surpass his 0.5 YAC in the playoffs. Just diving forward could get him over that elusive 1 YAC average.
Haven't enough people pointed out how crappy the YAC argument is? You take the guy who has a 4 yard reception and gets 6 yards of YAC, I'll take the guy with 12 yards a reception and no YAC.

Lloyd goes down and never gets YAC, he also preserves himself and it ready to produce the next game. I'll take that over someone who lights it up misses games due to injury.

you sound like all the idiots in my section during the AFC champ game complaining about YAC..would you rather have a 12 yard catch for a 1st and no YAC.or a 6 yard rec with 3 YAC? :bricks::bricks:

Haven't enough people pointed out how crappy the YAC argument is? You take the guy who has a 4 yard reception and gets 6 yards of YAC, I'll take the guy with 12 yards a reception and no YAC.

I'll take the guy that fights for yards and leave the floppers on the soccer field. Lloyd's toughness must be a real hit in the locker room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case