PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why do people want Brandon Lloyd cut?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK. Now you're up to 2 out of 1,500 or so members.

0.1%.

My guess, is that when all is said and done, about 5% want to cut the guy.

It's not exactly an epidemic.

Actually it is only one because i want him here.

The Pats should keep both Welker and Lloyd and look for a deep threat to replace Deion Branch who did less than nothing this year on the Pats (this is only a comment on his professional contributions or lack thereof).

With a credible deep threat and Welker & Lloyd, plus Gronk & Hernandez, the Pats would be more than good to go.

The Pats should keep both Welker and Lloyd and look for a deep threat to replace Deion Branch who did less than nothing this year on the Pats (this is only a comment on his professional contributions or lack thereof).

With a credible deep threat and Welker & Lloyd, plus Gronk & Hernandez, the Pats would be more than good to go.

Agree completely. Go get a burner in the draft and use them to stretch the field.

Lloyd IS the upgrade to Branch going forward.....and a damn huge upgrade for that role.

Now, let's leverage Brian Daboll to bring Dwayne Bowe over as the deep threat and that offense is all set for next year (maybe a mid-round OT pick as a Solder/Vollmer backup - - move Canon to solely being a roadgrading guard backup with Thomas for Mankins/Connolly)

You dont want Dbowe on the Pats.

If the Pats ink him up, there will be threads 12 months from today cursing BB for bringing in Ocho Stinkos long lost twin.

Here is the salary information:

He was paid a $3m signing bonus on a 3-year contract. His signing bonus proration is $1M per year.

In 2013, he's due a $3M option bonus, $1.9M in salary, plus a workout bonus, for a total of probably about $5M in new money. His 2013 cap number will be about $4.5M (salary plus signing bonus proration plus option bonus proration). If he's cut before the option bonus is paid, there will be $2M in dead money (year 2 and year 3 signing bonus proration). There will be about $2.5M in savings on the 2013 cap. You'd then have to go out and sign (or draft) a replacement, and that 2013 number of that replacement may higher or lower than $2.5M.

The key question is whether or not it's a good idea to be paying $5M in new money in 2013 to the third or fourth option in your offense. I say it isn't.

Yeah, Lloyd had 7 catches on last Sunday. All seven picked up first downs on the reception. All people focused on was his lack of YAC while ignoring the fact that 7 of the 19 first downs the Pats got through the air were converted by Lloyd.

i had fans in my section complaining when he caught a ball that he never got any yards after the catch...after a catch for 12 yards a 1st down :bricks:

Here is the salary information:

He was paid a $3m signing bonus on a 3-year contract. His signing bonus proration is $1M per year.

In 2013, he's due a $3M option bonus, $1.9M in salary, plus a workout bonus, for a total of probably about $5M in new money. His 2013 cap number will be about $4.5M (salary plus signing bonus proration plus option bonus proration). If he's cut before the option bonus is paid, there will be $2M in dead money (year 2 and year 3 signing bonus proration). There will be about $2.5M in savings on the 2013 cap. You'd then have to go out and sign (or draft) a replacement, and that 2013 number of that replacement may higher or lower than $2.5M.

The key question is whether or not it's a good idea to be paying $5M in new money in 2013 to the third or fourth option in your offense. I say it isn't.

:confused:

Unless I'm reading this wrong, you pretty much make the case yourself that it's not financially prudent to jettison Lloyd this offseason.

4mill is a bargain for Lloyd, I don't know of many guys on vet contracts offering that value.

Agree completely. Go get a burner in the draft and use them to stretch the field.

Nope. Never. Please not that. No way.

Are you familiar with Bill's draft history for WRs? The real question is whether Bill is aware of it; I don't think he is....alas so we can look forward to another dud.

FA is the only way to go.

4mill is a bargain for Lloyd, I don't know of many guys on vet contracts offering that value.

Lloyd does not have deep speed or short area quickness but other than that he is great. He is a solid number 3 WR.

Lloyd IS the upgrade to Branch going forward.....and a damn huge upgrade for that role.

Now, let's leverage Brian Daboll to bring Dwayne Bowe over as the deep threat and that offense is all set for next year (maybe a mid-round OT pick as a Solder/Vollmer backup - - move Canon to solely being a roadgrading guard backup with Thomas for Mankins/Connolly)

I like the way you think...

Lets see .......Lloyd 4 million vs Ocho Stinko 6 Million..........

Cause people are dumb.

He isn't a deep threat. The Pats are lacking that.

I like him. He is a good midrange option.

Now, if he had pizza paddles...

yes he does

Then why can't he get open? He can only open against second tier CBs. He is not without skill--he has great hand and can make acrobatic catches--he has to because he cannot get open. He is never as wide open as Welker.

He would be a solid number 3 WR.

Are you?

Taylor Price: Total waste of a third round pick
Brandon Tate: Ditto
Chad Jackson: Glad we traded up for this turkey
P. K. Sam
Bethel Johnson: Second round whiff

As bad as that is...it gets worse. The next guy taken after Sharon Tate was Mike Wallace. :mad:

BB should never ever be allowed to draft another WR before the 5'th round.

Of course even a blind squirrel gets a few nuts: Oddly enough it was Givens in the 7'th that one of the best pick. Edleman was a good value as was Branch panned out too.

Lloyd stays. Branch, Stallworth, and Gaffney should hang up their cleats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes