PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who has more upside, Mac Jones or Jordan Love

It’s a good thing the Packers didn’t drop Love before his third season after he didn’t look great early on. :rolleyes:

I don’t understand the relevance since Love isn’t on our radar. And Jones has been the highest rated QB available to the team since you-know-who left in 2020. But we basically have to give the kid 2023 to see what he’s got before they make a decision. If he can play like he did his rookie year, with this defense, they’ll have a shot every week.

My one knock on Mac is that he needs to have a few big moments this year. So I’d say that’s the one thing I also need from him to convince me he’ll be enough to go forward with until someone potentially pushes him out.

I’d trade Mac Jones right now for Brock Purdy with zero trepidations.
You and 31 other teams. But Purdy has the pressure of having to have the same success in year two before - I’m sure - 49ers fans also start to turn on him (and at that point, probably Shanahan) too.

I’d trade Mac Jones right now for Brock Purdy with zero trepidations.
Mac10 laughed at me when I said after his rookie season I'd still trade Mac for Trevor Lawrence straight up. Lol

It's really impossible to say at this juncture. We'll need to see Love play a whole season to see where he can go.
With Mac - it's really close to being able to judge his ceiling. Not that he can't keep improving, but we sorta know what he is, and it will be confirmed by mid-season, one way or another.

I watched the condensed version of Green Bay's preseason opener against the Bengals last night, and Love wasn't great. I know he finished 7-of-10, but he was very erratic and only made a couple of decent throws (he was way off target on the ones he missed). So anyone who is high on him, if you have NFL+, take a look because all I saw was the same guy who wasn't able to give the Packers a convincing enough reason to shed themselves of Rodgers' nonsense a year or two ago.

Mac Jones will be a back up quarterback somewhere by the 2025 season at the latest.
For sure if he doesn't show anything this season and the Patriots say no to picking up his option. The Patriots will then go back to the draft to find a new starting QB or hope for a huge surprise from Cunningham.

No idea what your "that is all you need to know" comment means.
I think it means that for the past several years Rogers has been an insufferable ass in GB and they really wanted to find some excuse to move on from him, but then they looked at Love and kept saying "Nah, can't do it"

Lawrence is finally set to bust out on the scene as legit.
Pederson’s a good coach. They’re definitely going to continue to become tough to deal with.

Mac10 laughed at me when I said after his rookie season I'd still trade Mac for Trevor Lawrence straight up. Lol
Wait what's the joke here? Is Trevor Lawrence projected to light **** up this season or something?

the only **** that's getting lit up this year is Jordan Love's AZZ...krist, wake up

For those of you anxious to roll the 1st round dice next year on a new QB, note that *only* Trevor Lawrence has so far proven to be a potential franchise QB of the 5 drafted in the 1st round in 2021.

Zach Wilson and Trevor Lawrence look to be backups at best. Justin Fields has been a great runner but arguably the worst starter as a passer. Mac's story we all know.

That's one out of five after two years. 20%!

Drafting QB's is perilous.

Our best hope is that Mac gets his act together, i.e. Mac probably has a better than 20% chance of becoming a satisfactory starter.

I say Jordan Love. He has a rocket for an arm extremely mobile, big and strong. He looked very good last night. He has a chance to be this year's Jaylen Hurts.

Pats could have had him in 2020 draft. They had 24th pick and he went 26th. BB (the genius) opted to trade the 24th pick for the 37th and a third rounder. They picked Duggar, who is a good player...BUT not a franchise altering pick like Love could have been.

If they had picked Love, they would not have had to pick Jones in 21 and could have chosen Jalen Phillips or Darisaw.

Its still early, but if you look at them on tape and their physical attributes...Love has a much greater chance to be a true franchise QB.

You abandoned your own thread ...
no mulligans in this forum.
Get back in here and defend yourself ...

Last edited:
Mac Jones will be a back up quarterback somewhere by the 2025 season at the latest.

Whether or not Jones is here, he will likely still be a starter in 2025. I think he will be better than he was his rookie season this year. And even if it is only slightly better, that is good enough to start in this league.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Back