PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who has more upside, Mac Jones or Jordan Love

Sam Bam Cunningham

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I say Jordan Love. He has a rocket for an arm extremely mobile, big and strong. He looked very good last night. He has a chance to be this year's Jaylen Hurts.

Pats could have had him in 2020 draft. They had 24th pick and he went 26th. BB (the genius) opted to trade the 24th pick for the 37th and a third rounder. They picked Duggar, who is a good player...BUT not a franchise altering pick like Love could have been.

If they had picked Love, they would not have had to pick Jones in 21 and could have chosen Jalen Phillips or Darisaw.

Its still early, but if you look at them on tape and their physical attributes...Love has a much greater chance to be a true franchise QB.

Love had the chance to sit and watch Aaron Rogers for years, he had a chance to get stronger and smarter.

Mac started as a 211 pound rookie, he's started 31 games already and Love has started one.

Mac has the potential to be a more accurate passer, he was in college, he has been accurate as a pro when things were going right (2021). Love could be decent, Green Bay has a lot of talent around him.

What’s not to love about a guy who had a 20/17 td/int ratio his last season in college and put up 7 points in his first nfl start?

Lol now every average dual threat QB is the next Jalen Hurts. Hurts is an outlier, his rapid development is insane and he has some of the best intangibles this league has seen from a very young QB.
This part is funny.

Hurts ran a respectable 4.5 at the combine, Jordan Love ran a (check's notes) 4.7 forty... he's roughly as fast as Mac Jones... but has a chance to be a running QB on par with Hurts. Why not say Mike Vick or Lamar Jackson, since we're just making crap up.

Just dumb...

I say Jordan Love. He has a rocket for an arm extremely mobile, big and strong. He looked very good last night. He has a chance to be this year's Jaylen Hurts.

Pats could have had him in 2020 draft. They had 24th pick and he went 26th. BB (the genius) opted to trade the 24th pick for the 37th and a third rounder. They picked Duggar, who is a good player...BUT not a franchise altering pick like Love could have been.

If they had picked Love, they would not have had to pick Jones in 21 and could have chosen Jalen Phillips or Darisaw.

Its still early, but if you look at them on tape and their physical attributes...Love has a much greater chance to be a true franchise QB.
Is that that legitimate question or are you just TROLLING us......again.

Lol now every average dual threat QB is the next Jalen Hurts. Hurts is an outlier, his rapid development is insane and he has some of the best intangibles this league has seen from a very young QB.
That is certainly true, Hurts has always had a remarkable professional maturity (even as an 18 year old) and probably the best intangibles and leadership of any QB in the NFL. What true freshman starts at QB at Alabama? Even Bryce Young didn’t, but somehow Hurts won the job as a true freshman despite at the beginning not being a particularly naturally gifted passer (when Tua eventually beat him out at Alabama it was obvious that Tua was a much more naturally talented passer -at the time, a key point-). But Hurts’ work ethic and intangibles enabled him to improve every single year (by all accounts) at Alabama, at Oklahoma, and by year by year with the Eagles. He truly is an outlier.

I think Jordan Love still has a lot to work on. He throws up moon balls when he could put more velocity on it.

While I know it’s a lot stirring post, I’d address the people fawning over Hurts. While he’s proven to be better than some expected, his OL + WRs are not to be discounted. Many QBs in the league would look good in Philly atm.

Hurts has always had a remarkable professional maturity (even as an 18 year old) and probably the best intangibles and leadership of any QB in the NFL. What true freshman starts at QB at Alabama? Even Bryce Young didn’t, but somehow Hurts won the job as a true freshman despite at the beginning not being a particularly naturally gifted passer (when Tua eventually beat him out at Alabama it was obvious that Tua was a much more naturally talented passer -at the time, a key point-). But Hurts’ work ethic and intangibles enabled him to improve every single year (by all accounts) at Alabama, at Oklahoma, and by year by year with the Eagles. He truly is an outlier.
Ok

Does anybody here know anything about Love's development besides watching him play against Cincy's JV squad the other night? I'd say, at this point, nobody here is qualified to know a thing about his upside.

Hmm. Love who just now maybe ready to start after 3 years on the bench (killing the value of a qb on his rookie deal) or Dugger, a staple on our defense the last few years?

I have both in my main keeper FFL. Can only keep one. Gonna have make that decision in two weeks. Right now, I am leaning Mac Jones although I think Love's upside FFL-wise could be higher given that he might be an one man show and a volume play. One of them will be my QB2 this year so I am torn between rolling the dice or taking the safe bet (Jones with his accuracy and a better coordinator should give us a line of 4k yards, 28 TDs, and 11 Ints.)

Hurts’ development hasn’t been all that rapid for the people who have been following him since his senior year in high school or since he arrived at Alabama.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back