PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who has more upside, Mac Jones or Jordan Love

I say Jordan Love. He has a rocket for an arm extremely mobile, big and strong. He looked very good last night. He has a chance to be this year's Jaylen Hurts.

Pats could have had him in 2020 draft. They had 24th pick and he went 26th. BB (the genius) opted to trade the 24th pick for the 37th and a third rounder. They picked Duggar, who is a good player...BUT not a franchise altering pick like Love could have been.

If they had picked Love, they would not have had to pick Jones in 21 and could have chosen Jalen Phillips or Darisaw.

Its still early, but if you look at them on tape and their physical attributes...Love has a much greater chance to be a true franchise QB.
giphy.gif

Kudos to Love for putting it all together. It still took till year 4 to show it. Packers have a great system of taking their time in developing QBs. Time he wouldn’t have had here.
Easy to do when you have Rodgers all the way through ahead of this year to give him that time. Just glad he panned out, so that Rodgers can’t gloat. I’m assuming, somewhere, he’s probably not happy about that. :rolleyes:

I say Jordan Love. He has a rocket for an arm extremely mobile, big and strong. He looked very good last night. He has a chance to be this year's Jaylen Hurts.

Pats could have had him in 2020 draft. They had 24th pick and he went 26th. BB (the genius) opted to trade the 24th pick for the 37th and a third rounder. They picked Duggar, who is a good player...BUT not a franchise altering pick like Love could have been.

If they had picked Love, they would not have had to pick Jones in 21 and could have chosen Jalen Phillips or Darisaw.

Its still early, but if you look at them on tape and their physical attributes...Love has a much greater chance to be a true franchise QB.
I agree that Love is better than Mac Jones. That's not even an argument in the face of current evidence.

You can also easily make the argument that the Pats passed on Lamar Jackson in 2018 when they should have taken him instead of trading down.

The question we should ask is about the timing and the lack of Dynastic planning by BB.

BB thought he could reclaim a washed up Cam Newton to replace Brady. So that's why he passed on Love?

Newton didn't work out so well because the man didn't even reach 10 passing TDs in 2020 so instead he went for Mac Jones in 2021.

Either way it's just been BB's bad drafting over the past 10 years that puts us in this bad position now.

I have both in my main keeper FFL. Can only keep one. Gonna have make that decision in two weeks. Right now, I am leaning Mac Jones although I think Love's upside FFL-wise could be higher given that he might be an one man show and a volume play. One of them will be my QB2 this year so I am torn between rolling the dice or taking the safe bet (Jones with his accuracy and a better coordinator should give us a line of 4k yards, 28 TDs, and 11 Ints.)
Mac Jones is not the homer pick you want to make if you're interested in winning. Back in the day Gronkowski and Brady were the best homer picks because they actually produced in fantasy leagues. Now I can't think of a single safe Patriot pick I'd take in a FF league if I'm interested in actually winning.

Mac Jones is not the homer pick you want to make if you're interested in winning. Back in the day Gronkowski and Brady were the best homer picks because they actually produced in fantasy leagues. Now I can't think of a single safe Patriot pick I'd take in a FF league if I'm interested in actually winning.
Yep, that was in August. Ended up not keeping both, but got Love back in a trade around mid-season, LOL! Win win!

As for FF, I try to stay away from AFCE players as much as possible, but always have the Pats D if I can have it.... makes those Sunday pick sixes even sweeter!!!

I agree that Love is better than Mac Jones. That's not even an argument in the face of current evidence.

You can also easily make the argument that the Pats passed on Lamar Jackson in 2018 when they should have taken him instead of trading down.

The question we should ask is about the timing and the lack of Dynastic planning by BB.

BB thought he could reclaim a washed up Cam Newton to replace Brady. So that's why he passed on Love?

Newton didn't work out so well because the man didn't even reach 10 passing TDs in 2020 so instead he went for Mac Jones in 2021.

Either way it's just been BB's bad drafting over the past 10 years that puts us in this bad position now.
Wrong, Cam wasn't signed for months after the draft. At the time BB thought he could win with Stidham.

Wrong, Cam wasn't signed for months after the draft. At the time BB thought he could win with Stidham.
LOL if BB thought that Stidham was 'the guy' that makes it even worse!

LOL if BB thought that Stidham was 'the guy' that makes it even worse!
Cam, Stids, Hoyer, Mac, Zappe.........................Handpicked & Handcrafted by Belichick

Cookie Lyon GIF by Empire FOX
Bill Belichick Wink GIF by New England Patriots

Tough to have upside when always on your backside.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back