PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What would our record be without Patricia?

StockingAnarchyNumber12

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Obviously we will never know but just for fun. Do you think Patricia has held this team back from being a playoff team? If so, what do you think our record would have been without Patricia coaching our offense?

Whether you think the offense is poor because of Patricia (the only real difference from the 2021 offense), Mac regressing, or a combo of both, I think a real offensive coordinator is able to make something functional out of this offense. With a decent offense, I think we could have won 2 out of the 4 losses we had to Miami, Green Bay, Minnesota, and Vegas, so 9-5 and solidly in a wildcard spot. The other 3 losses were pretty convincing and I don't think the offense would've mattered.

who would you replace him with? Judge? probably not much difference.

With Josh back I think we'd be 9-5.

Firmly in a wildcard spot with 2-3 extra wins

I think based on what we've seen i'd give us 3 additional wins

It's not just Patricia.

Move Patricia upstairs to the old Ernie Adam's role, I don't want to see him again unless the camera crew pans to the coaches box.

Move Judge back to Special Teams where he belongs, and where they need a lot of help. That unit looks just as ugly as the offense, only they run fewer plays so it doesn't get talked about as much.

Make Groh the GM, he has the bloodlines and has been great at it.

Bring Bill O'Brien back as Assistant Head Coach and heir to the big job when Bill steps down... oh yeah, he's also offensive coordinator. He was the coordinator when the Pats ran their two TE sets back in the 2010's with Gronk/Hernandez... so he would be perfect for the no FB offense with Henry and Jonnu. He would be a major stabilizing force for the entire team.

BB should stop trying to carry the world on his shoulders, he'll be 71 next season. Prepare a succession plan.

It's not coincidence the offense and O-Line are one of the most penalized units in the league and it's where they have dealt with the most attrition in the coaching ranks. Meanwhile the defense is one of the least penalized units in the league and have given up the 3rd fewest points, 6th fewest yards and forced the 4th most turnovers. Coaching matters.

Last edited:
They'd win against the Raiders and maybe the Vikings.

You can say the Packers but only if you blame Mac getting hurt on Patricia for some reason

I'm also on the 9-5 train, possibly even 10-4. That offense has been mostly sub-anemic.

Consistently competent execution from the same offense, and fewer brain farts from special teams, should have yielded at least two more wins. Even 11-3 would not have been out of the question - the defense looks good as is, and should have looked even better if the offense could have staid on the field a bit more.

With a better offense we definitely win the Raider game, the Packer game and I think we also win the Viking game. (we struggled in the 4th Qtr) Not sure if we could squeeze out another win, but I think we're looking at 10 wins.

10-4 easy if they'd kept the coaching intact. We'd be looking at a 11-6 or 12-5 regular season and be absolutely stoked about 2023.

Instead we'll be lucky to reach 8 wins and are in for a painful offseason.

It would be better, but not by much. OL is awful, they lack serious talent at WR and the QB has his own problems. Like last year, they would create the illusion that they weren't as good as their record indicated.

With a better offense we definitely win the Raider game, the Packer game and I think we also win the Viking game. (we struggled in the 4th Qtr) Not sure if we could squeeze out another win, but I think we're looking at 10 wins.
They also beat Miami in the opener imo.

If not Patricia, Bill would have hired Nike’s dog walker as OC for continuity purposes

Whether you think the offense is poor because of Patricia (the only real difference from the 2021 offense), Mac regressing, or a combo of both, I think a real offensive coordinator is able to make something functional out of this offense. With a decent offense, I think we could have won 2 out of the 4 losses we had to Miami, Green Bay, Minnesota, and Vegas, so 9-5 and solidly in a wildcard spot. The other 3 losses were pretty convincing and I don't think the offense would've mattered.

You aren't really making that tall of an order, so to speak. In a hypothetical, something like 2-4 plays total turn out differently and two of those games are won with what we have. Honestly, it doesn't feel like the team could be that close to a 9-5 record.

Although I could play this game with the Lions this season and they are a handful of plays away from being 11-3.

I'd like to see a W/L simulation where the Pats had retained Josh, Scar, Flores and Earnie Adams, while sending Judge to special teams and Patricia back to D (you can read that "D" as "defense" or "Detroit", either way)

Would they have a real o-line coach? I think Patricia the o-line coach has been worse this season than Patricia the OC. Even the Gooch years where they rotated o-line line ups week in and week out hasn't been as bad as it has been this year.

The Pats could easily have 2-3 more wins without Patricia. Possibly more.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back