PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Just For Fun--Your Guess

Hi Real fan 02, you originally were talking about the great season Mac Jones had in 2021 and used that season to suggest this coming season 2023 would also be great because all the **** was removed that was there in 2022.

I was saying that the schedule in 2021 was easy compared to the upcoming schedule of 2023 so I didn't think the comparison had merit. That's all. Have a nice day.
Hi Brewskies,

Ok understand. I was trying to explain that with a Rookie in 2021 who wasn't even the starter in camp.. But who won the job over from Cam. With no designated #1 WR. With Nelson alghlor and jannu smith on this roster. They were able to be a top 10 offense, top 3 in the red zone. This season 3 years of NFL experience, a less than desirable 2022, knowing that this season is defining in many ways.. I believe enough that they will be a far better offense. Yeah the schedule is tough.. but I feel this team will be able to hang with everyone on the schedule.

Understand this.. owner's are billionaires and I'd like to think most billionaires want to spend to make thier team respective teams competitive.. I believe Andrew Brandt over your argument... I'll take what he says literally. Jackson ultimately signed.. Allen signed, Mahomes signed, Rodgers signed a contract extension, dak, curt cousins, hurts.. I get what your saying but i don't get to caught up in the cap like some do. I'm not saying your wrong at all just saying we seem to care more about the cap then owner's do!
It’s not a matter of believing someone’s opinion it’s a matter of facts. To pay those players they have to make a choice to pay less to the rest of the team.
Im not sure what argument you are disagreeing with. You can do anything you want under a cap. But it had consequences. To ignore the consequences and say therefore it’s phony is ignorant.

A salary cap is like a budget. If you and I make the same money and I spend half of mine on drugs so you have twice as much to spend on your lifestyle have nice things, take vacations, etc and I live in squalor you could make the same argument that you don’t see me worrying about how much I spend on drugs.

It’s not a matter of believing someone’s opinion it’s a matter of facts. To pay those players they have to make a choice to pay less to the rest of the team.
Im not sure what argument you are disagreeing with. You can do anything you want under a cap. But it had consequences. To ignore the consequences and say therefore it’s phony is ignorant.

A salary cap is like a budget. If you and I make the same money and I spend half of mine on drugs so you have twice as much to spend on your lifestyle have nice things, take vacations, etc and I live in squalor you could make the same argument that you don’t see me worrying about how much I spend on drugs.
I'm agreeing with you and it sensible what you are arguing. But please understand. We the fans seem to care more about cap space, ect than organizations do. I understand what your trying to say. I'm just stating that the objective is to be competitive and win. Cap crap can be maneuvered any wich way.. the owners run the NFL they pay Goodell 50 million a year to do what they say. It's really easy to understand no complications at all. And in Andrew Brandt wasn't so much his opinion is what he stated that he did as a former GM.. mike Tannenbaum said something similar. Anyways I just want my team to be competitive and win like they did for 2 decades.

Understand this.. owner's are billionaires and I'd like to think most billionaires want to spend to make thier team respective teams competitive.. I believe Andrew Brandt over your argument... I'll take what he says literally. Jackson ultimately signed.. Allen signed, Mahomes signed, Rodgers signed a contract extension, dak, curt cousins, hurts.. I get what your saying but i don't get to caught up in the cap like some do. I'm not saying your wrong at all just saying we seem to care more about the cap then owner's do!

When you have the much money, finding high return places to invest it isn't easy. These guys are far more competitive about their position in the billionaires club than they are about football winning %'s. An NFL franchise has been one of the best investments available over the past couple of decades. I suspect most franchise purchase decisions start in investment strategy meetings, rather than sports conversations.

So if they had a choice between getting the 20% year over year increase in value, vs. winning and getting a 10% year over year increase in value, they'd take the former. And yes, of course, winning provides a bump in value, but you have to win a lot, like the Patriots, Steelers, and Cowboys have, to have winning become a primary driver of the value of a franchise. Most of these guys are very smart and calculate those odds as pretty low. And for them, it is all about the numbers.

But please understand. We the fans seem to care more about cap space, ect than organizations do.

We fans don't have anywhere near the access to the minds, conversations, and decisions that go on in NFL offices to make a statement like that.

When you have the much money, finding high return places to invest it isn't easy. These guys are far more competitive about their position in the billionaires club than they are about football winning %'s. An NFL franchise has been one of the best investments available over the past couple of decades. I suspect most franchise purchase decisions start in investment strategy meetings, rather than sports conversations.

So if they had a choice between getting the 20% year over year increase in value, vs. winning and getting a 10% year over year increase in value, they'd take the former. And yes, of course, winning provides a bump in value, but you have to win a lot, like the Patriots, Steelers, and Cowboys have, to have winning become a primary driver of the value of a franchise. Most of these guys are very smart and calculate those odds as pretty low. And for them, it is all about the numbers.
Absolutely positively agree!! Most of the franchises are family owned and kept in the family for generations.. so most of those businesses relationships are established.. RKs franchise for example is his biggest business investment he's ever made. Billionaires don't invest not to make profits! Well put.. the owners run the NFL, they compensate Goodell at 50 million a year for him to take public pressure and do what they say!

We fans don't have anywhere near the access to the minds, conversations, and decisions that go on in NFL offices to make a statement like that.
Agreed that's why I said we the fan.. the media we talk about the cap, ect ,ect.. they likely don't care to much about the cap especially when the cap doesn't matter when you pony up 500 million to pay Mahomes. Just IMHO

Hi Brewskies,

Ok understand. I was trying to explain that with a Rookie in 2021 who wasn't even the starter in camp.. But who won the job over from Cam. With no designated #1 WR. With Nelson alghlor and jannu smith on this roster. They were able to be a top 10 offense, top 3 in the red zone. This season 3 years of NFL experience, a less than desirable 2022, knowing that this season is defining in many ways.. I believe enough that they will be a far better offense. Yeah the schedule is tough.. but I feel this team will be able to hang with everyone on the schedule.
We shall see. I think not but hope you are correct.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back