PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What would our record be without Patricia?

This is brutal to look at. If we even roughly even to last year's rankings I think we would have likely beaten the Packers and Raiders and maybe even the Vikings. Even with two more wins I think our playoff chances would be 60+ percent.

This is brutal to look at. If we even roughly even to last year's rankings I think we would have likely beaten the Packers and Raiders and maybe even the Vikings. Even with two more wins I think our playoff chances would be 60+ percent.

Its pretty hard to blame Patricia for the Packers loss. Considering Mac got hurt the previous game and then Hoyer got concussed in the 1Q.

If you are down to your 3rd string backup QB and put up 24 points you can't really go: "If only we had a better OC we win that one.":rolleyes:

Also note that the Packers are currently ranked as #15 defense.

Presuming the OC actually had an NFL game plan, EVERY game would have been played differently. I am not stating that we would have won all of them but we would have had a chance in every game and that is all we can ask for.

Its pretty hard to blame Patricia for the Packers loss. Considering Mac got hurt the previous game and then Hoyer got concussed in the 1Q.

If you are down to your 3rd string backup QB and put up 24 points you can't really go: "If only we had a better OC we win that one.":rolleyes:

Also note that the Packers are currently ranked as #15 defense.
Okay so swap the Vikings and Packers. Either way I think we have 2 more wins if we were similar to last year offensively.

Bears
Packers
Vikings
Raiders
4 more wins, that is 11 wins....

Simply put, the offense is uncoordinated.

If we had a real OC then I would think we have a winning record (probably better than last year's) and on track to make the playoffs.

Even If we show NO improvement in the offense and just achieve last year's numbers it's the same. Probably a winning record and a wildcard game.

Bill killed the season before it even started. By not replacing McDaniels and instead figuring Patricia could learn offense on the fly.

Presuming the OC actually had an NFL game plan, EVERY game would have been played differently. I am not stating that we would have won all of them but we would have had a chance in every game and that is all we can ask for.
Perhaps more importantly, the OL and QB wouldn't have been regressed from last year. When we started Game One with Patricia as the OL coach and OC, and with Wynn at RT, we were toast. I guess that assumes, as was the case, that Belichick had no intention of stepping in when the need became apparent, as was the case before the first game, and certainly after 2 or 3 games.

With a better offense we definitely win the Raider game, the Packer game and I think we also win the Viking game. (we struggled in the 4th Qtr) Not sure if we could squeeze out another win, but I think we're looking at 10 wins.
We don't lose bears game . We played scared .

Tbh , I am mighty angry with Bill for ruining my weekends this year and spoiling the tradition of long running enjoyable weekends.

I could think of bill having Patricia for no other reason than to secure future of his son's. He was confident that we can somehow stitch an offense with any OC and Patricia will also do fine . Sadly it misfired so badly and made us the laughing stock.

I am just gonna watch highlights. Makes the next few weeks less agonizing .

Bill is 71 and I wouldn't want Kraft to give him a free pass for next few seasons . Already we have screwed up our QB . With this defense we could have been a potent force with a game manager in Mac. Sadly we have screwed it up to point of no return.

This is all on Bill . I am a big time supporter and he has failed us big time . I find it very hard to believe that bill put Patricia in center with the best of intentions . Cams year as our QB looks superior compared to this year. At least we competed a bit with zero talent. And despite the talent, we are underperforming .

It's not just Patricia.

Move Patricia upstairs to the old Ernie Adam's role, I don't want to see him again unless the camera crew pans to the coaches box.

Move Judge back to Special Teams where he belongs, and where they need a lot of help. That unit looks just as ugly as the offense, only they run fewer plays so it doesn't get talked about as much.

Make Groh the GM, he has the bloodlines and has been great at it.

Bring Bill O'Brien back as Assistant Head Coach and heir to the big job when Bill steps down... oh yeah, he's also offensive coordinator. He was the coordinator when the Pats ran their two TE sets back in the 2010's with Gronk/Hernandez... so he would be perfect for the no FB offense with Henry and Jonnu. He would be a major stabilizing force for the entire team.

BB should stop trying to carry the world on his shoulders, he'll be 71 next season. Prepare a succession plan.

It's not coincidence the offense and O-Line are one of the most penalized units in the league and it's where they have dealt with the most attrition in the coaching ranks. Meanwhile the defense is one of the least penalized units in the league and have given up the 3rd fewest points, 6th fewest yards and forced the 4th most turnovers. Coaching matters.

Agreed, except that I would make Eliot the Wolf the GM (as a True Outsider with a therefore Superior perspective) & draft weekend grocery-shopper, and make Al Groh's kid & Steve Gargile the pro & college scouting directors respectively, both of whom report directly to the Wolf.

It would be better, but not by much. OL is awful, they lack serious talent at WR and the QB has his own problems. Like last year, they would create the illusion that they weren't as good as their record indicated.

This is more or less where I stand also.

If we had just replacement-level coordination AND/OR QUARTERBACKING, we should've won @GB, @MIN & @LV.

That's 10-4, the #5 seed, and most importantly some cushion to absorb a couple of losses and still make the POs.

Agree with many of the takes in this thread- I think this is a 9-5 team quite easily had they hired a competent coaching staff.

not only the record would be better but the O would be more enjoyable to watch, right now its somewhere between funny and depressing watching this clownshow

According to Joe Burrow, Matt Patricia and Bill Belichick were having dinner together in Miami when he ran into them in March 2020. This was before Matt Patricia's last season with the Lions. I'm sure they were doing pre-draft scouting but clearly Patricia is one of Belichick's closest football confidantes, even when he was with the Lions.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back