PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Matt Patricia no longer employed by the Pats.

You were talking about the Patriots
I am referring to Detroit
I know u were.. lol I don't think he regrets the initial decision to become a HC there. But yes can all agree he probably regrets him time there...

I know u were.. lol I don't think he regrets the initial decision to become a HC there. But yes can all agree he probably regrets him time there...
he just handled it poorly, from the onset...

did the same stupid things josh did when he got to denver...

Its like these guys are blind to the fact that they aren't BB and need to develop their own coaching styles, and deal with the media in a different manner than they did in New England... they can be assholes towards the media after they build up some credibility by winning some games...

he just handled it poorly, from the onset...

did the same stupid things josh did when he got to denver...

Its like these guys are blind to the fact that they aren't BB and need to develop their own coaching styles, and deal with the media in a different manner than they did in New England... they can be assholes towards the media after they build up some credibility by winning some games...
Very true, reports were the same thing about judge in NY, these guys under Bill sometimes they become so accustomed and used to his coaching style they can't develop thier own coaching identity.

Regarding Patricia…

He’s been a major player behind the scenes in New England -- for example, in a leading role designing plans for ongoing expansion of the team’s facilities -- and there’s still plenty of work to be done in that regard.

As an OC he's a really good architect.

Yeah he's designing the floor plans to the expansion of...the cafeteria...

The Eagles have found a new linebackers coach — and it’s not Matt Patricia. Philadelphia announced on Thursday that the club has agreed to terms with DJ Eliot to coach the position.

Oh I wholeheartedly agree with you on everything you stated.. what I mean by regret is because coaching opportunities come based on the last impression you've left.. there is no one clamoring for his services as a play caller offensively
when Payton was asked about him he didn't even sound as if he was seriously considering just a bunch of accolades thrown at him knowing they had the candidate they wanted.

I believe Patricia is a very intelligent man.. hell he should be building rockets not coaching in the NFL..

Just a odd scenario that he would have all this responsibility now he's parted the organization. Just explaining my opinion that's all
It's easy to fall into the trap of thinking that because someone has a certain degree they also have the talent and ability to succeed in that field.

It's easy to fall into the trap of thinking that because someone has a certain degree they also have the talent and ability to succeed in that field.
For sure, I believe because of the tenure he was here and how we coached on the O line, and then later became the D coordinator.. BB overestimated his ability to coach and calls plays offensively and he seemingly underestimated the complexity of offense. Just my theory

It's apparent from 2022 results (ranked 26th) in Tampa, that Brady couldn't coach offense either.
According to a poster on here I believe he may be tied into the organization because he knows everything and we don't lol.. According to his illogical opinion Brady had nothing to do with players wanting to come here.

They came here for the great weather and to be coached by BB.

According to a poster on here I believe he may be tied into the organization because he knows everything and we don't lol.. According to his illogical opinion Brady had nothing to do with players wanting to come here.

They came here for the great weather and to be coached by BB.
Free agent players came because the team was great, it increased their odds of winning a ring and increasing the value of their brand. It wasn't one player or coach or location, it was the entire package... oh yeah, and believe it or not millions of dollars probably played a small part in it as well.

Free agent players came because the team was great, it increased their odds of winning a ring and increasing the value of their brand. It wasn't one player or coach or location, it was the entire package... oh yeah, and believe it or not millions of dollars probably played a small part in it as well.
It took me some time to realize this. But I'm agreeing with you the culture, the structure, coaching. However as the dystnasty years went on more and more free agents came for a chance to play with brady.

He was the ultimate attraction to come here. Yes BB is an amazing coach and he deserves credit too.

However I'm speaking as strictly a players perspective.. I doubt they were telling thier agents yeah I'll take 2 million less so I can be coached by BB. Brady was the attraction. Guys wanted to come here because brady gave us the best chance to win each game day.

He was the ultimate reason why the team could do business as they had for 19 season the guy was probably the most humble superstar I can remember.

Brady to me was the reason maybe not the sole but the main reason. Just my humble opinion

It took me some time to realize this. But I'm agreeing with you the culture, the structure, coaching. However as the dystnasty years went on more and more free agents came for a chance to play with brady.

He was the ultimate attraction to come here. Yes BB is an amazing coach and he deserves credit too.

However I'm speaking as strictly a players perspective.. I doubt they were telling thier agents yeah I'll take 2 million less so I can be coached by BB. Brady was the attraction. Guys wanted to come here because brady gave us the best chance to win each game day.

He was the ultimate reason why the team could do business as they had for 19 season the guy was probably the most humble superstar I can remember.

Brady to me was the reason maybe not the sole but the main reason. Just my humble opinion
I think offensive players, specifically offensive weapons, came to play with Brady and definitely had to say that on their way in the door. Endearing yourself to the guy who holds your target fate in his literal hands is smart, and I also believe they meant it.

Defensive players more likely joined the team to play for BB, he is the preeminent defensive mind in the NFL and he makes players better. Look at Malcolm Butler and JC Jackson's production on the Patriots, then look at them on the other team. Day and night...

At the end of the day these free agents wanted to win, and that meant coming to the New England team. I'm sure they weren't having an internal discussion on who was more important. That's just mental masturbation by fans.

The whole thing got stale.

I expect to see Brady back for Miami.
The same team that won a Super Bowl and double digit wins in years one and two won 8 games in year three... the only thing that changed was the loss of Arians. They wouldn't have won the ring in 2020 if they didn't realize their mistake and start running the ball. This is something I was saying in 2020 at the beginning of the season. The best passing team in the league can't afford to become one dimensional.

I suspect people will be seeing Brady ghosts for the next decade or so, Brett Farve... but worse.

Brady lost Gronk and AB.

The Tampa WR corp was decimated.

Brady lost Gronk and AB.

The Tampa WR corp was decimated.
Mike Evans and Chris Godwin both had 1000+ yard seasons. They also signed Gage, Julio Jones and led the entire NFL in pass attempts.

They led the NFL in pass attempts and were dead last in rushing attempts. That was a massive mistake. It was a massive mistake back in 2020 when I said they had to run the ball more.

Bottom line is the massive difference between 202/2021 and 2022 was Arians was far and away better head coach than Bowles and coach Brady running the offense.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back