PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

WEEI/Reiss: Pats expected to release Colvin [mergedx6]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Rosie cut by pats

Good thing they don't have any games scheduled anytime soon.

I'm aware. I'm also aware this is not a plug and play defense. I don't know anyone available that could just step in, never mind a rookie.

I'm aware. I'm also aware this is not a plug and play defense. I don't know anyone available that could just step in, never mind a rookie.

Seau did it.

Yeah, I sure hope we can field a team in time for our next game.....they know what they are doing folks. Always have - always will.

What's with everyone crapping on me? I try not to be in the sky is falling crowd, but we seem to be running out of linebackers!

2006 - Pats cannot get off the field on thrid down and melt, down the stretch. Have a dreadful 4th quarter against Indy - lose in AFC Championship.

2007 - Pats cannot get off the field on third down and melt down at the worst possible moment in a Superbowl.

2008 - Defense blown up and then rebuilt - speed, pass rush and pressure accompany the physical nature of their "D" linemen.

2008 / 2009 / 2010 - greatest team of all time completes THREEPEAT and ends decade as the absolute greatest dynasty of all time.

OK - folks, trust in BB/SP......they sky is not falling, Patriots doing what needs to be done.

Stop worrying, sit back, relax and enjoy the ride. Admire what you are about to witness folks.

Mark it down.

I like where your head is at too come free agency and the draft I'll probably be thinking "Man BB/SP are geniuses" just like I usually am. If they manage to improve the defense by a little we have a chance to go 19-0 next year

I'm with you Deus. Who the crap is going to play? There was a noticeable downfall when Rosie went down. I can't be the only one who sees that.

So...

Injured Colvin + No Cap Room to Sign Randy > Cap Room to Sign Randy + No Colvin?

Because that is the scenario the FO faced this week. Everyone would love to keep everyone who is good, but it's not reality. Hopefully something is worked out and he comes back, but as of this week with FA looming, Colvin and his cap number were not in the team's best interest.

Not sure how some folks can't see the big picture ...

What's with everyone crapping on me? I try not to be in the sky is falling crowd, but we seem to be running out of linebackers!

We love you Giselle, don't worry.

Like I said in previous posts, some Pats defensive players need to move on. I don't care if they know the system, their just not getting it done when it matters. As far as Rosie goes, I'm not surprised. This is his second major injury, he's 31 and he's making a lot of money. I'm glad the Pats are making moves. Look for Quinton Groves or Gholston to be a Pat. I'm also glad their moving on without Wilson. He has regressed every year. Who knows if their going back to a 4-3. If they do, they have the players to make the transition quickly. I think it may actually suit Seymour, Warren and Wilfork better. They will have less double teams. However, I wouldn't be surprised to see them re-sign Colvin at a cheaper price.

Last edited:

So...

Injured Colvin + No Cap Room to Sign Randy > Cap Room to Sign Randy + No Colvin?

Because that is the scenario the FO faced this week. Everyone would love to keep everyone who is good, but it's not reality. Hopefully something is worked out and he comes back, but as of this week with FA looming, Colvin and his cap number were not in the team's best interest.

Not sure how some folks can't see the big picture ...

Probably because you're flat-out wrong. Feel free to peruse Miguel's pages and you'll see that the money to sign Moss is already there without this move.

At least we have the corpse of Tedy Bruschi pretending he can still play. If they don't bring him back, it's a downright stupid move. There is no one out there to replace him.
gee...we had a corpse lead the team in tackles...Makes PERFECT sense...

At least we can all ***** about actual FOOTBALL related moves now.

I'm so sick of SpyGate.

Just goes to show the NFL players are very much in the right to demand gauranteed $ upfront. Otherwise they can fully expect to be cut at a moment's notice.

I'm officially in the camp of offering Baltimore the 7th pick in the draft for Terrell Suggs, pick up Victor Hobson, and draft a LB in the draft. I think we upgrade our LB corp quite a bit.

As for the drop off when Colvin went down, I think it has less to do with Colvin per sea than making Adalius Thomas play outside without much experience playing there in our system, moving Bruschi from the weakside to the strong side, and asking both Bruschi and Seau to play full time rather than rotate. I think when Colvin went down, we weakened three positions because of our entire LB situation. It wasn't all about what Colvin brings to the table, although it was part of it.

Even if we can't get Suggs, I wouldn't mind if we can get a Calvin Pace, Victor Hobson, and draft a Gholston. Colvin returning is always a possibility although I think he may be a Jet in a few weeks.

I hope the rumored Lito Sheppard trade goes through without us losing the first round pick outright. I wouldn't mind if we swapped first rounders though. That would allow us to focus on rebuilding our LB corp.

Wow. I loved Colvin, but I can't wait to see what the hell pioli and bb decide to do with the lb corps now

Just goes to show the NFL players are very much in the right to demand gauranteed $ upfront. Otherwise they can fully expect to be cut at a moment's notice.

To be fair, as Colvin himself noted, these deals are designed with both sides knowing that the last year is not likely to happen. It becomes a circle.

We love you Giselle, don't worry.

Geesh, I take a break for a little while to wallow and come back to getting snipped at. At least we can finally talk about something other than a camera though! If that's what it takes-snip away!

I'm officially in the camp of offering Baltimore the 7th pick in the draft for Terrell Suggs, pick up Victor Hobson, and draft a LB in the draft. I think we upgrade our LB corp quite a bit.

As for the drop off when Colvin went down, I think it has less to do with Colvin per sea than making Adalius Thomas play outside without much experience playing there in our system, moving Bruschi from the weakside to the strong side, and asking both Bruschi and Seau to play full time rather than rotate. I think when Colvin went down, we weakened three positions because of our entire LB situation. It wasn't all about what Colvin brings to the table, although it was part of it.

Even if we can't get Suggs, I wouldn't mind if we can get a Calvin Pace, Victor Hobson, and draft a Gholston. Colvin returning is always a possibility although I think he may be a Jet in a few weeks.

I hope the rumored Lito Sheppard trade goes through without us losing the first round pick outright. I wouldn't mind if we swapped first rounders though. That would allow us to focus on rebuilding our LB corp.

Didn't Baltimore franchise Suggs?

This was in a way a tough cut, but given the cap number for next year and his foot injury, I am not at all surprised by what has happened. I agree that this MAY be a restructuring to a 4-3 or maybe MORE of that with a 3-4 base...seems like something is happening with the D. First of many moves on the D.

Didn't Baltimore franchise Suggs?

That's why I said offer the 7th pick in the draft. Actually, I might actually offer to trade first round picks first and settle on the 7th outright.

Hmmmm... i didn't think BB would be so drastic with his overhaul....

Rosie is a native of Indianapolis but I just can't see him a Colts. I can, however, see him as a Jet.

Not to mention the Colts have very little cap room (if any) to spend on free agents, and they usually aren't strong players in free agency anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes