PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

WEEI/Reiss: Pats expected to release Colvin [mergedx6]

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Colvin doesn't return, I expect him to be playing for the Jets or Browns. I would rather see him playing for the Browns. Also, the Falcons are an outside possibility.

I can't help but chuckle. All year on this board, it's bellyaching about old, slow linebackers and whoa is me the sky is falling on defense because of our aging linebackers, yadda, yadda.

So Belichick cuts one of them and now it's whoa is me, what are we going to do without these all-pro linebackers?

Re: Rosie cut by pats

Probably because you're flat-out wrong. Feel free to peruse Miguel's pages and you'll see that the money to sign Moss is already there without this move.

I guess if you want to naively look at re-signing Moss in a vacuum, I'm sure there was the cap space to keep Colvin and re-sign Moss and then maybe add a few practice squad players.

But my guess is the FO will want to be active at the start of FA and having the Colvin contract on the books was prohibitive to both re-signing Moss and being a player at the start of FA.

Had he not hurt his foot, however, my guess is Colvin would still be a Patriot at his current price.

Geesh, I take a break for a little while to wallow and come back to getting snipped at. At least we can finally talk about something other than a camera though! If that's what it takes-snip away!
Don't worry about it. That is typical message board stuff when everyone's thoughts and opinions are 100% right , until they are proven wrong. Then when they are proven wrong, they will be right anyway.:D

I can't help but chuckle. All year on this board, it's bellyaching about old, slow linebackers and whoa is me the sky is falling on defense because of our aging linebackers, yadda, yadda.

So Belichick cuts one of them and now it's whoa is me, what are we going to do without these all-pro linebackers?

Because they know the system. :rolleyes:

on the bright side, this should give the pats about 20-24 million to play with. and kelly washington has yet to be cut/restructured.

When Rosie went down with his injury, I thought the team moved rather quickly in IRing him.
I had the feeling BB may have been dissatisfied with him even before the injury.
It's hard for me to know exactly how much pressure Rosie was really getting on the QB but I know he didn't have a whole lot of sacks.
Maybe with a year under his belt AD will step it up on the outside.

Like I said in previous posts, some Pats defensive players need to move on. I don't care if they know the system, their just not getting it done when it matters. As far as Rosie goes, I'm not surprised. This is his second major injury, he's 31 and he's making a lot of money. I'm glad the Pats are making moves. Look for Quinton Groves or Gholston to be a Pat. I'm also glad their moving on without Wilson. He has regressed every year. Who knows if their going back to a 4-3. If they do, they have the players to make the transition quickly. I think it may actually suit Seymour, Warren and Wilfork better. They will have less double teams. However, I wouldn't be surprised to see them re-sign Colvin at a cheaper price.

Um, no.

The Pats have no MIKE and don't have the ends they would need to run an effective 4-3.

gee...we had a corpse lead the team in tackles...Makes PERFECT sense...

Yeah, because tackles are a great indicator of how good a player is. Bruschi was NOT good last season and would likely be even worse this season.

I'm officially in the camp of offering Baltimore the 7th pick in the draft for Terrell Suggs, pick up Victor Hobson, and draft a LB in the draft. I think we upgrade our LB corp quite a bit.

So who starts at ILB in this scenario?

I think that's more in reference to our ILB's than our OLB's.

To be fair, as Colvin himself noted, these deals are designed with both sides knowing that the last year is not likely to happen. It becomes a circle.

Yeah I know. I was just making a blanket statement that NFL players get the short end of the stick compared to the other major sports.

I'm a little confused over this.. All the "experts" here (and I'm not trying to belittle anyone but these people took a stance) said that it wouldn't be worth cutting him but to extend him.. Now I see Mr Reliable.. aka Mike Reiss, say the pats are going to cut him..

What happened?

the month of February has bee very unkind to the patriots and its fans.
colvin was one of my favorite lbs.

I'm a little confused over this.. All the "experts" here (and I'm not trying to belittle anyone but these people took a stance) said that it wouldn't be worth cutting him but to extend him.. Now I see Mr Reliable.. aka Mike Reiss, say the pats are going to cut him..

What happened?

They probably couldn't agree on $ for an extension.

Goodbye 2008 season, we hardly knew thee.

Sigh. . . .

_fbe2-usb_panic_button.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results