PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We. Have. Revis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously, this is awesome. The fact that people are now *****ing about the contract length just shows that some people are never happy, I guess.

I'd way, way rather have him at 1 year, $12M than at 6 years, $90M with $25M guaranteed, or whatever it would have taken to lock him in that long.

No kidding. The best part of the deal for me was the length. Do not want to get locked into a long term contract of that magnitude.

It's on the front page of nfl.com

I'm gonna run with it

The best CB of the 21st century and Dennard in his 3rd year. This CB will be something special next year!

If there is no deal, I am going to cry, no sh****g you. A grown man on all fours crying his eyes out.

If he is signed:

a3769a91e247daf31b06a8d5f30948b1899d8e848fcaf5d295e9e87448adbb50.jpg

I think Revis's manager said it's not done just to give Jets fans once last hope!!!

So, now they should look to trade Mallet, and draft one or possibly 2 CBs in the first 4 rounds. Darqueeze Dennard, Joyner, Fuller, Bradley Roby, Justin Gilbert, etc.

Alfonzo Dennard is a damn good CB. With Revis on board we have arguably the best secondary in the NFL. We need to sure up the safety spot next McCourty but after that we are golden.

Anyone else think it is a one year deal because Bill is worried about his knee?

I'm hoping the only hang up is the length of the deal.

Very cool. 1 year only? Not so cool.

so, with franchise tag we're looking at a 2year/$24 million deal...with option out after 1st year with no additional cost. :rocker:

Okay it all seems good. Now on to the offense!

Seriously, this is awesome. The fact that people are now *****ing about the contract length just shows that some people are never happy, I guess.

I'd way, way rather have him at 1 year, $12M than at 6 years, $90M with $25M guaranteed, or whatever it would have taken to lock him in that long.

I agree this is the best move since Moss. The length does not mean anything now that we have control we can tag him anyway. Worst case we would have to trade him. Even the tag price would be a good deal for Revis.

BTW, assuming the reports are true, people were killing the Pats today for not franchising Talib, but the Pats got Revis for the same money as the franchise tag.

Lol what?!

Well technically...you gotta admit you'd like to see them get Revis for 3/10, too, right?

Seriously, this deal is AWESOME! Like pie in the sky awesome. No mortgaged future, we get to see if he fits, and if he does, he's going nowhere for the next couple of years (even if they don't manage to extend him out, which I suspect they will, THIS GUY you franchise, period!).

What an amazing signing. Perfect, perfect, perfect.

Now shake some cap room free and fill a couple of other holes.

Woodyard, please.

Aw, come on, Steve Smith, you know you want to play on this team now...

@AlbertBreer: Also sounds like the Patriots are open to eventually making the marriage with Revis a longer-term one.

Maybe "1 year 12m" was actually "10 years 120m" and that's why his manager tweeted what he did :p

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer 4m

Also sounds like the Patriots are open to eventually making the marriage with Revis a longer-term one. Power move by New England, no doubt.

would be nice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents