PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We. Have. Revis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have all sorts of boners right now.

I think I speak for every diehard patsfans.com member when I say, this is one of those times, where you grab a beer or two, kick back, visit Jets Insider.com and enjoy the circus!

:eat3:

How was Revis last year?

Significantly better than Talib despite playing in a zone. Teams do not even throw at Revis, his presence on the football field is a difference maker. Only Sherman receives that type of respect in the NFL.

How was Revis last year?

It was a comeback year from a knee injury. He was playing in the wrong scheme. He was still the #1 graded corner in the league according to PFF.

So, now they should look to trade Mallet, and draft one or possibly 2 CBs in the first 4 rounds. Darqueeze Dennard, Joyner, Fuller, Bradley Roby, Justin Gilbert, etc.

Are some of you mad? Why would you not be anything but ECSTATIC about this?

Talib is an amazing player but he was injured most of his time here at the big moments and the Broncos paid this guy NINE AND A HALF MILLION PER SEASON. We just got the guy who is the best (yes better than Sherman) for only 2.5 mil more and he's always on the field? How is that anything but a win??

It's these 1 year bull**** contracts that led to us losing people like Talib and possibly Edelman. Pats must like going through contract negotiations every year. Oh well, I guess there's the franchise tag option.

Perfect definition of glass half empty.

WOW WOW WOW WOW...hell has frozen over! Krafty dusted the cobwebs off and PAID a free agent (from another team). Cannot wait to see him line up in a Pats uniform! Attaboy Krafty Bob!

Yes!!!!! I am one happy girl!!!!!!!!

WOOOOOO!!!

That is all

Man talk about spoiled by success! Some of you are just amazing.

This is DARELLE REVIS, the guy that is so good that teams didn't even dare to throw to his side coming off knee surgery for god's sake.

Trust me this is huge, it's puts the Pats up there with and maybe above the Broncos for sure because unlike Talib you can guarantee Revis being on that field.

Awesome! Can someone enlighten me as to why this is a one year deal?

Are the pats just keeping Revis warm for a year so he can sign with the Broncos next season? I am kidding! (or am I?)

Zo is losing it...he's hammered right now

Talib who?

This might be a really dumb question but is $12million the cap hit? Or can it be less if part of it is a signing bonus or something

The Jets fans are already rationalizing this:

Desperation by New England for one last season, Revis further proving he is the most self centered athlete in the world today. The Patriots may very we'll win the AFCE again this year, but will fall short in the playoffs once again because their overall talent level is not is beneath multiple AFC teams.

Pats have other needs that they wont be unable to take care of if Revis gets $13 mil.

From 2010-13 Pats had a powerhouse offense...virtually unstoppable. Not anymore. All that's left of it is an often injured...always rehabing...Gronk. If Brady starts showing some signs of decline...then Pats are not going to hoist a Lombardi Trophy in 2014 for sure.

Pats can have Revis for $13 mil for all I care.

Broncos are way better than Pats. Revis doesn't fix their awful defense. Talib played really well for them last season. Not that much of a difference with Revis.

why are people freaking out?? who cares?? they lost Talib who was amazing last year...as far as i am concerned the Pats are still worse then they were last year without Adelman.

I'm probably only one of a handful that isn't bothered by this. He's not getting one year deals because he wants to hit the open market again, he's getting them because he's a liability and teams know it... If he plays lights out for the Pats, so be it, it's not like they'll be able to afford to retain him and with their current offense, it's not like they're going to win any Superbowls...
Note: Jets fans were saying Talib sucks yesterday when they thought he would re-sign with the Pats.

why is so many worried about Revis. I just don't get it, is he a good player yes but that's it. quite honestly I may be a good thing he wen to the patriots, the competitive fire for the young STARS of the JETS went up another level and we will show Mr. Revis how stupid he looks when the JETS take the AFC East this year. ---just sayin

Revispalooza! **merged Revis** <<REVIS TO PATS>> - Page 66

Jets made out like bandits they took Tampa for most of their draft.

Wasn't that the 2nd time they tagged him? But yep i agree, and that is a possability for the pats as well. Especially if he has a stellar season then starts asking for 16M+ again

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News