PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We. Have. Revis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I said it wouldn't happen, so boourns to me haha.

Now where's that guy who says the Pats only sign beat up chumps for one year contracts?

It is actually a great signing because now we can franchise him for the rest of his career and still pay less than the Bucs.

he would pull his hold out...but we ca worry about that later.

I am just glad we fixed the talib issue quick

Mike Reiss ‏@MikeReiss 1m
Per @AdamSchefter, CB Darrelle Revis and the Patriots have reached agreement on a 1-year, $12 million deal.

:singing::singing::singing::singing::singing:

brady-face.jpg

Hey Jets Fans

Ha Ha. Looks like Revis even took a pay cut. I hope we extend him after this season

Don't want to start thinking about it already but, what is franchise tag for him next year likely to be?

It is actually a great signing because now we can franchise him for the rest of his career and still pay less than the Bucs.

Not only that, but it means Revis is officially in his last contract year which means he's going to be busting his ass for another big contrat....so we'll get top production form him.

Mwahahahah!:D

MY FIRST REACTION

51659685_8.jpg

It's these 1 year bull**** contracts that led to us losing people like Talib and possibly Edelman. Pats must like going through contract negotiations every year. Oh well, I guess there's the franchise tag option.

I knew someone would complain about this.

Jets fans losing it :rocker:

To be honest, I'm actually a bit annoyed.

I just finished reading about how Revis preferred the winless Bucs to thet Jets because he was making more money.

Then he goes on the air and tells the world how BB is a jerk.

Then $12M later, it's all good.

:bricks:

Who cares? We get a legitimate shut down corner. How good will our (healthy) defense be next year in combination with (hopefully) improved second year receivers. WOW, can't wait.

Don't want to start thinking about it already but, what is franchise tag for him next year likely to be?

Cap supposedly jumps up quite a bit next year. Maybe backdoor agreement to work out an extension if everything goes right?

One aspect of this i can't help but think abotu is. Because of the Pat's high exposure, if Revis has a stellar year AND we don't want to pay him next year. We can just Tag then Trade him and get draft picks for him ala the Jets.

Not saying we will but it's just an interesting dynamic to watch.

Here's hoping he dominates this year.

Revis 12m.
Talib 26m

Good work Patriots :rocker:

sweet. i would have preferred a 5 year deal but whatever.

One thing is crystal clear, that gets proven, percentage wise, over the span of the NFL...DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS....don't have to go far for that one...concentrate on the defense, with TFB we will always be competitive...

I'm stoked but why one year?

Typical pats "rent a player" arrangement.....he will then play out of his mind....and some other team will sign him to a long term high dollar contract....and we will go back to having Arrington and company in the 2ndary. ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News