PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We. Have. Revis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ron Borges writes/plagiarizes yet another hatchet job on the Patriots.

This time, it's Revis that pulled one over on the desperate Patriots who are once again selling their soul for success.

Ron had better hope I never meet him in RL, I've managed to not punch anyone in 25 years, but for him, I doubt I could help myself.

This time, it's Revis that pulled one over on the desperate Patriots who are once again selling their soul for success.

Ron had better hope I never meet him in RL, I've managed to not punch anyone in 25 years, but for him, I doubt I could help myself.

The butthurt is strong with Ron Borges.
I don't know what's worse: That people write this **** or that people actually start parroting it. "OMG, Pats just signed the best cornerback of his generation. What a desperate move. The ship is sinking."

No matter what the topic of conversation is, I feel like there's a lot of people prone to saying and believing a lot of ass backwards Orwellian bull**** these days. Our education system must really suck now because critical thinking skills seem to be in shorter and shorter supply.

Will wilson give up #24 if he stays on the roster?

After all the diapers Wilson gave Arrington lol he's not giving it up unless he's cut.

I get the feeling Wilson gonna earn a spot on the roster this year, I can see Revis taking 23.

Borges is cute. His favorite line is "It's not about the Xs and Os, it's about the Jimmys and Joes". For years he blasted the Pats for not putting talent on the field, when the Pats get what even Borges admits is the best CB in the game when healthy he blasts the Patriots for a bad deal.

Also, he seems to blast the fact that an agent told him that the Pats are trying to go for it with a small window left with this career. Now it is a negative. I am sure if the Pats left free agency with Antonio Cromartie rather than Revis, the storyline from him would be "Don't you realize the window on Brady is closing?" and "Denver made bold moves to try to get another ring with only a year or two of Manning left and the Pats did nothing".

Borges is a fraud. I knew a piece like this was coming. I am sure he will wait a week to write that the Pats are idiots for not honoring Wilfork's $7.5 base salary and eat his $11 million cap hit. He will need people to forget he wrote that the Pats were idiots to pay Revis $12 million to argue they are idiots to pay Wilfork $7.5 million.

All I know is last time we had a dude from Aliquippa as our #1 CB we won 3 Super Bowls in 4 years

The butthurt is strong with Ron Borges.
I don't know what's worse: That people write this **** or that people actually start parroting it. "OMG, Pats just signed the best cornerback of his generation. What a desperate move. The ship is sinking."

In 2007 Wrong Borges called Adalius Thomas the best FA available that year.

And then, after the Patriots went out and signed him, criticized them for so doing.

In reality, all NFL contracts are nothing more than "rentals". As Andrew Brandt noted on today's MMQB:

Oakland Raiders have money to spend, fans must be patient | The MMQB with Peter King

The Pats gave Revis a 1 year deal with an option that they probably will never exercise, but the bottom line is that they now have him in the fold and have control of his situation. If the team wants to keep him, they can almost certainly do so. The Broncos ostensibly gave Talib a "long term" contract, but in reality as Albert Breer has noted it's more like a 3 year $27M deal, and of the $26M guaranteed only the first $12M is fully guaranteed, the remained being only guaranteed for injury, so that Denver could effectively "opt out" after the first year.

The NFL is a rental business.

Jason La Canfora chimes in on the "rental business" theme:

as more teams are staying away from doling out huge upfront money and adopting more of a "pay-as-you-go" philosophy to their contract structure, it makes it increasingly easy to jettison players without major cap ramifications.

Reality of free-agent contracts means that most teams have an out

He also notes that Aqib Talib's supposed monster "long term" deal with the Broncos "is, at its core, the Darrelle Revis deal, only before the Revis deal was struck -- and Talib isn't Revis."

Look...please listen to me...

You are you...whoever you are...

He is Ron Borges...

You...whoever you are...are the WINNER by way of your sheer existence.

Punchy the puppet beater has to live with that face and that squirrel monkey central nervous system.

You, in a dead sleep or under anesthesia even,show more brain activity than Wrong could ever hope to muster even if he was intravenously fixed up with a methamphetamine/cocaine drip.

All I know is last time we had a dude from Aliquippa as our #1 CB we won 3 Super Bowls in 4 years

Wow, I just looked that up; what are the odds some small town (population under 10,000) in PA produces two of the 5-8 best cornerbacks of the last 20 years.

As well as 2 other current NFL players born/raised there. That town's football coaches are doing something right.

it'll be fun watching Revis pick off Eli manning twice in the superbowl.

Hey, I just wanted to pop in and let everyone know: WE GOT REVIS!!!!

Hey, I just wanted to pop in and let everyone know: WE GOT REVIS!!!!

OMG..that's terrible...go to the doctor and get some antibiotics before it falls off...oh wait...my bad..I thought you got Revesz syndrome...nevermind

Just curious. Why wouldn't revis be on todays transaction list? Must have not signed the "final" paper yet.

WE HAVE A ISLAND. I always wanted a island!

Darrelle Revis Mic'd Up - YouTube

Revis mic'ed up vs teh Cowboys opening game few years back with highlights

After that first pass vs Dez..man does he just STICK to him esp in that enzone route.

WARNING: It shows a jets W :D

Revis is so soft spoken and well spoken off the football field that it's really easy to forget how vicious he is ON the football field.

You hear him giving an interview or something, like on Tom's #1 of 100 video, and he sounds like a school teacher.

Then you put him in a football uniform and he becomes a nasty, nasty man.

Also, one thing I have ALWAYS loved about Revis is he has balls. When he takes down an interception, he gets into situations where a lot of guys would take it out of bounds, or down the ball, and Revis goes for it, and that has turned into AMAZING pick-sixes that originally looked like ten yard returns.

Get some

Revis is so soft spoken and well spoken off the football field that it's really easy to forget how vicious he is ON the football field.

You hear him giving an interview or something, like on Tom's #1 of 100 video, and he sounds like a school teacher.

Then you put him in a football uniform and he becomes a nasty, nasty man.

Also, one thing I have ALWAYS loved about Revis is he has balls. When he takes down an interception, he gets into situations where a lot of guys would take it out of bounds, or down the ball, and Revis goes for it, and that has turned into AMAZING pick-sixes that originally looked like ten yard returns.

Get some

Check this out.

I am so happy he is on our team. An all world talent at the most important position arguably other than QB and he is ours. I've loved him his entire career, even when he was with the Jets.

It's just gonna feel so good when we're in a big game in a tight spot on D, knowing that we have #24 on the other team's best receiver, and that is a rock solid thing. Like no matter what happens, we have that stability. It's amazing.

Check this out.

I am so happy he is on our team. An all world talent at the most important position arguably other than QB and he is ours. I've loved him his entire career, even when he was with the Jets.

Wow, I have never seen that before and that's EXACTLY what I am talking about.

And yeah, I've always been a Revis fan too. I knew he would end up here eventually. I just freaking knew it!

Awesome post :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick