PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The 2014 Edition : Jets continue to suck (what else is new)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The last time the jets won the SB gas was 34 cents.
If it would bring gas back down to that price I'd almost be OK with them winning another one ... Nah.

@RichCimini: Latest blow to Jets' CB situation: Dimitri Patterson has gone AWOL, according to John Idzik. Unexcused absence. Never showed for game. #nyj

From the Jets board:

Kimberley A. Martin@KMart_LI·10m
Impromptu Idzik announcement

Kimberley A. Martin@KMart_LI·8m
Idzik said Dimitri Patterson was not present at MetLife Stadium. And he and Rex haven't been in contact w/ him since fri

Kimberley A. Martin@KMart_LI·8m
Idzik said Patterson's absent for the game was inexcusable.

Kimberley A. Martin@KMart_LI·7m
Idzik said he tried to get a hold of Patterson but was in "constant communication" w his agent. Was trying "in vain" to get a hold of CB

Kimberley A. Martin@KMart_LI·5m
Idzik: players had day off Saturday. Patterson didn't show up today. ..."This is unusual," said#JetsGM

Kimberley A. Martin@KMart_LI·4m
Idzik: "That's what's really baffling. Dimitri has been very engaged. ...He's been helpful as a vet. ...There really wasn't any warning"

Kimberley A. Martin@KMart_LI·3m
Idzik said 1st thought when a player doesn't show up for a gm is 'is he OK?' ...

Kimberley A. Martin@KMart_LI·3m
But Idzik said he was informed Saturday that Dimitri Patterson is "OK physically. That he was not harmed in any way."

Kimberley A. Martin@KMart_LI·2m
Idzik said, to their knowledge, Dimitri Patterson isn't involved in any legal trouble#jets

Kimberley A. Martin@KMart_LI·58s
This is so bizarre. ... Rex was scheduled to be on conf call, but was preempted by Idzik's announcement about an AWOL Dimitri Patterson

Kimberley A. Martin@KMart_LI·31s
"Suffice it to say, the absence is unexcused," said Idzik. He trusts Dimitri + his agent "know the potential ramification" of this

Rich Cimini‏@RichCimini35s
Latest blow to Jets' CB situation: Dimitri Patterson has gone AWOL, according to John Idzik. Unexcused absence. Never showed for game.#nyj

Rich Cimini‏@RichCimini1m
Jets haven't spoken to Patterson, but rec'd word he's ok physically. But team has no idea why he didn't show for game.#nyj

Kimberley A. Martin‏@KMart_LI1m
"I've left messages ...and have not had success." -- Rex Ryan on Patterson#jets

Brian Costello‏@BrianCoz
Patterson was with the team for pre game meal and walkthrough. Then he didn't show up for the game.
John Idzik on conference call: Dimitri Patterson was supposed to play on Friday

york-jets-football-4507144-o.jpg

Who's the CBs no for jets? Lol

So rex doesn't need strong CBs huh? What jets fans are saying...so we will see!

Jets fan who punched woman: 'Unfortunately it wasn't the guy' | New York Post

This hardly needs any explanation. But beware, Pats fans, the genius who is being re-admitted to Jets home games, Kurt Paschke, spent three years in prison for manslaughter after he stabbed a kid to death in 1992.

Jets fan who punched woman once killed a man | New York Post

This @$%^ing guy...

He tries to draw some crazy comparison between Ray Rice getting a 2 game suspension and him receiving a 10 game ban. People pay to see Rice play. People buy his jersey. If Plaschke never attended another game, no one would notice.

I wish another person's version of the events were available. His story might be true, but it sounds pretty far-fetched: He, his mom and his friends were getting harassed by Patriots fans the entire game, for no apparent. After the game, they spit on him, push his mom down and then jump his two friends, one of whom was a woman who just had jaw surgery. He was just trying to break things up.

The best part was he claims "I just swing, and unfortunately it wasn’t the guy, it was the girl" like it was some crazy melee and he was just trying to protect himself. The video shows the girl was right in front of him and he waited until she looked away to square up and punch her.

Of course, this quote gets to the root cause of the problem: “I’ve been a Jets fan my whole life.”

Anymore injuries or um...absentees and the Jets will be forced to use
cardboard cutouts back there.

This @$%^ing guy...

He tries to draw some crazy comparison between Ray Rice getting a 2 game suspension and him receiving a 10 game ban. People pay to see Rice play. People buy his jersey. If Plaschke never attended another game, no one would notice.

I wish another person's version of the events were available. His story might be true, but it sounds pretty far-fetched: He, his mom and his friends were getting harassed by Patriots fans the entire game, for no apparent. After the game, they spit on him, push his mom down and then jump his two friends, one of whom was a woman who just had jaw surgery. He was just trying to break things up.

The best part was he claims "I just swing, and unfortunately it wasn’t the guy, it was the girl" like it was some crazy melee and he was just trying to protect himself. The video shows the girl was right in front of him and he waited until she looked away to square up and punch her.

Of course, this quote gets to the root cause of the problem: “I’ve been a Jets fan my whole life.”

he's a total, complete liar...ergo Jets fan...here's the clip...he punched the girl in the face...and laughed..he is SCUM

Geno is a weapon? Decker scares people?

Revis will need to lose his shoe like tonight in order to lose that battle...

Geno may be flashing moments of competence if you watch camp hard enough.

Decker should scare people. That's why it's a (#*$&%ing shame he's on the JEST. The trouble with a receiver is that it's in the job description -- hell the job title -- that he receives passes.

Nobody on the JEST can throw a pass. And the rest of the receivers would be JAGs, except that JAG stands for "just another guy" and we usually use it for people whose names are at least recognizable (you know, the ones that can deliver you 4 TDs a year, that sort of thing).

Ladies and gentlemen, at this moment, your New York JEST receiving corps:

87 Decker, Eric ..... WR 6-3 214 27 5 Minnesota
82 Enunwa, Quincy . WR 6-2 225 22 R Nebraska
10 Gates, Clyde ..... WR 6-0 197 28 4 Abilene Christian
15 Hakim, Saalim .. WR 5-11 188 24 2 Palomar Coll. CA (J.C.)
84 Hill, Stephen ..... WR 6-4 215 23 3 Georgia Tech
11 Kerley, Jeremy .. WR 5-9 188 25 4 TCU
86 Nelson, David .... WR 6-5 215 27 5 Florida
17 Salas, Greg ...... WR 6-2 210 25 4 Hawaii
16 Saunders, Jalen .. WR 5-9 164 21 R Oklahoma

Now I'm going to go ahead and say that Brady would make this a 25 aerial TD group, because, Tom Brady. But that's the only reason. Somebody will emerge to have some semblance of a season while everybody doubles and triples Decker, because, damn.

If any of you have deep knowledge of this group, please correct my impression, but at this writing it is this: As a group, they could not catch the clap in a Bangkok whorehouse. Throw in Zach Sudfeld, and you've got bupkis - which is a notch up from where you started. Throw in Mike Vick, which will eventually happen, and you've got a glimmer of a shot punctuated by injuries.

Not to pile on or anything, but have ya noticed that only the occasional meth-head is talking about how dangerous a Rex Ryan defense is since Revis left? The only reason a "Rex Ryan defense" was ever even a thing was because of one very talented cornerback. Leave it to Rex to know pretty feet when he sees them, but that was it.

Now remaining diehard off-season-superbowl types are trying to get all hopped up when the moveable object that is their defense stops the resistible force that is their offense, or vice-versa, in training camp.

Sadly, even their own deluded fan-base is not buying it anymore. Hell, Fireman Ed can't take it anymore. A man who runs into fires for a living cannot face another JEST game. That should tell them something, right?

Oh but Chris Johnson... I forgot. I am very, very afraid, in 2009.

To paraphrase the DI in Full Metal Jacket, this is the kind of team that would ahem unexpectedly approach their fanbase from behind and not even have the common decency to um reach around them for some reason like to get a beer. Trying to be PG here.

Oh yeah one more Rex note: after congratulating the team on managing to put their jocks on under their pants, or whatever the hell glimmer of hope he's been seeing in their performances, at least he had the presence of mind not to say "Now let's go get a ******* snack." So, props for that.

It looks like your long, long reign as the distant second in the AFCE is over, NY. Others are lining up to play the Washington Generals to the Patriots' Globetrotters. The juggernaut that is EJ Manuel threw 11 TDs last year to 9 INTs... that's going to be some next-level stuff compared to GeNO. And once again, Vick's only good until the first hit, whether from a pipe or a linebacker. And don't forget Ryan "I'm still here" Tannehill's 24 TDs to 17 INTs and 81.7 rating. That will be a JEST fan's wet dream this season.

How I can still conjure this level of bile for a team that has not been relevant for the life of most of their fans is beyond me. There must truly be some magic to that franchise.

Last edited:
As they say in the middle east, the enemy of my enemy I love you man

Dee Milliner, Kyle Wilson and Ellis Lankster.

That's a seismic shift from just a couple of years ago.

They may need to re-sign Dowling for depth.

Damn. If it was any other team I'd probably feel sorry for them.

This Dmitri Patterson story is beyond bizarre. He's one of their starting cornerbacks, for krissakes! Maybe he took the game off to ponder life as a Green Bean. I can't wait for "official" word on why he didn't show up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back