PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The 2014 Edition : Jets continue to suck (what else is new)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Five years ago I said we'd get to the AFC Championship game and we did. IF the Jets ever win a SB, what will your reaction be? Unfortunately, I don't expect you to answer the question, instead you'll most likely come up with a response along the lines of "They won't win a SB!" We will win one within the next five year. The wait will have ben worth it.
This is the more likely scenario in 5 years as opposed to a SB.

london_jets_tshirt.jpg

Then, you've got psychotics like Jetsfan25678 who says he's counting down the days 'til the 2015 draft.

But as we know, he can't count. It is actually 45678, not 25678.........

Gonna be a long wait for the Draft.

The real reason Gee-No! Smith missed the team meeting in California: after leaving the movie, he got stuck on a broken escalator.

Umm... Drew Bledsoe anyone?.. Yes maybe he wasn't Tom Brady, but he WAS a legitimate franchise quarterback who brought the Pats to the super bowl vs. the Packers, something your team can't seem to do. And he didn't have nearly the level of talent around him that Brady has usually had. He was drafted and developed in New England.
Drew Bledsode was going to implode soon;he doesn't count. And he didn't do crap in Buffalo or Dallas; You guys should still be thanking Mo Lewis. If it were not for that hit, Billichick would be a DC somewhere today, and who knows if Brady would have became a HOF player.

Not for me. The fact they remain fans is a fascinating study of willful self-delusion rationalizing abject despair. We all know the definition of insanity: trying the same thing over and over hoping for a different result. They keep putting on their green jerseys and going to the stadium. Then, you've got psychotics like Jetsfan25678 who says he's counting down the days 'til the 2015 draft.

I don't understand this sick form of codependency, but the way it has evolved for thousands of Green Beans fans over many years is a unique phenomenon worth monitoring closely. I suspect it'll show up as the subject of budding psychiatrists' doctoral theses.
How am I Psychotic? The Jets are 2- 8, what else am I supposed to look foward to? I'm not actually counting down the days until the draft, but I'm looking foward to it, and I'm sure you would do the same if you were in my position.

Here's a thought that should sober our Jets friend. 3 of Brady's previous backups have started games for different teams this season (Cassell, Hoyer, Mallet) of which only Mallet wasn't the week-1 starter. We now have Jimmy Garapolo as a backup and, by all accounts, he appears to have more potential/higher ceiling than the previous backups.

Drew Bledsode was going to implode soon;he doesn't count. And he didn't do crap in Buffalo or Dallas; You guys should still be thanking Mo Lewis. If it were not for that hit, Billichick would be a DC somewhere today, and who knows if Brady would have became a HOF player.

You'd think that Jets fans would be good at talking smack, given how much time they give to it. SMH.

Point of information. Belichick actually preferred Brady over Bledsoe during 2001 training camp (Brady appeared to be the better QB during the preseason). But, Bledsoe just got a big contract and the 5-11 200 season meant that BB had to go with something s bit safer.

While Bledsoe was a starting caliber QB, he wasn't BBs type of player because he didn't eat/sleep/breathe football and BB knew he could game plan around his strengths/weaknesses (probably a reason he was willing to trade him to a division rival). Don't get me wrong, we all loved what Bledsoe did for this franchise.

As for the prior year, BB recognized Brady's talent as he knew/suspected that Brady would never clear waivers to the PS and decided to keep 4 QBs on the 53 man team.

Last edited:
You guys should still be thanking Mo Lewis. If it were not for that hit, Billichick would be a DC somewhere today, and who knows if Brady would have became a HOF player.

These types of remarks are the hallmark of Jets fans. It's all about luck, and without it, they can only fathom failure.

Drew Bledsoe came back in 2002 and did something your Jets have only done once, and that was when LBJ was President, won the AFC Championship game. He was an excellent QB, and took the Pats to the Superbowl in both 1996 (where his coached baled on the team before the game to go and "save" the Jets) and 2002!

The Green Moron disease knows no bounds......

These types of remarks are the hallmark of Jets fans. It's all about luck, and without it, they can only fathom failure.
I hate the Pats, Bill, and Brady, but I respect you guys. Every team needs luck to win it all.l'm not taking anything away from you guys.

Last edited:
Drew Bledsoe came back in 2002 and did something your Jets have only done once, and that was when LBJ was President, won the AFC Championship game. He was an excellent QB, and took the Pats to the Superbowl in both 1996 (where his coached baled on the team before the game to go and "save" the Jets) and 2002!
He was in NE for eight years? Doesn't count imo , I never said he sucked or wasn't good. But he clearly looked as if he was going to implode in '01, and considering the fact he didn't do crap in Buffalo I think I can say I'm correct.

Point of information. Belichik actually preferred Brady over Bledsoe during 2001 training camp (Brady appeared to be the better QB during the preseason). But, Bledsoe just got a big contract and the 5-11 200 season meant that BB had to go with something s bit safer.

While Bledsoe was a starting caliber QB, he wasn't BBs type of player because he didn't easy/sleep/breathe football and BB knew he could game plan around his strengths/weaknesses (probably a reason he was willing to trade him to a division rival). Don't get me wrong, we all loved what Bledsoe did for this franchise.

As for the prior year, BB recognized Brady's talent as he knew/suspected that Brady would never clear waivers to the PS and decided to keep 4 QBs on the 53 man team.
As I said he deserves credit, for making that decision. I don't understand how I'm taking anything away from New England.

He was in NE for eight years? Doesn't count imo , I never said he sucked or wasn't good. But he clearly looked as if he was going to implode in '01, and considering the fact he didn't do crap in Buffalo I think I can say I'm correct.

So, you started following football about 3 weeks ago, then? I only ask because it's clear that you're either a troll, or a completely clueless football poster.

Bledsoe was a Pro Bowler in 2002 and, in 2004, he became the only Bills QB, in the past 15 seasons, to guide his team to a winning record.

So, you started following football about 3 weeks ago, then? I only ask because it's clear that you're either a troll, or a completely clueless football poster.
He had one very good season in Buffalo,after that he was very average.

Bledsoe was a Pro Bowler in 2002 and, in 2004, he became the only Bills QB, in the past 15 seasons, to guide his team to a winning record.
The Pro Bowl is a joke, but I gave him credit for 2002.

That's all I'm giving him.

The Pro Bowl is a joke, but I gave him credit for 2002.

That's all I'm giving him.

I'll have to bow to you on this subject. The Jets, and their fans, definitely know about being jokes.

Drew Bledsoe started at QB for the NE Patriots in Super Bowl 31.

Inbred sub-mongoloidal Rat fan thinks the Patriots only lucked out with Brady and never had an upper echelon QB at any other time in franchise history...why?..because he's a complete and utter moron who has ZERO knowledge of NFL football and from the looks of it,less than zero about his own blatant , intergalactic stupidity.

Drew Bledsoe started at QB for the NE Patriots in Super Bowl 31.

Inbred sub-mongoloidal Rat fan thinks the Patriots only lucked out with Brady and never had an upper echelon QB at any other time in franchise history...why?..because he's a complete and utter moron who has ZERO knowledge of NFL football and from the looks of it,less than zero about his own blatant , intergalactic stupidity.
Yes, and Pat fans here stupidly think Pennington sucked. Selective reading much? You want to speak about football? Bring up X's and O'S, and I'll be able to asnwer 90% of your questions and run circles around you in debates.

Show me your all mighty football knowledge. Go ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back