PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The 2014 Edition : Jets continue to suck (what else is new)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, and Pat fans here stupidly think Pennington sucked. Selective reading much? You want to speak about football? Bring up X's and O'S, and I'll be able to asnwer 90% of your questions and run circles around you in debates.

Show me your all mighty football knowledge. Go ahead.
Old noodle arm. He was a fine QB in the NFL wasn't he! Mind you, 3 average seasons is better than what you've had from any QB since.

You'd think that Jets fans would be good at talking smack, given how much time they give to it. SMH.

A favorite expression of my Dad's - practice makes perfect, but who wants to go around making perfect mistakes? The only thing missing was the answer, "Jets fans".

Old noodle arm. He was a fine QB in the NFL wasn't he! Mind you, 3 average seasons is better than what you've had from any QB since.
When Pennington was healthy he wasn't "average ". He was very good, if not great when healthy, and had he not torn his rotator cuff he would still be starting here today. Unlike some here, I don't need meaningless fantasy stats to evaluate a Quarterback. You keep looking at the box scores and I'll keep watching the games.

When Pennington was healthy he wasn't "average ". He was very good, if not great when healthy, and had he not torn his rotator cuff he would still be starting here today. Unlike some here, I don't need meaningless fantasy stats to evaluate a Quarterback. You keep looking at the box scores and I'll keep watching the games.
Pennington was average. Whether or not you choose to accept that is your issue.

Also, I'm not particularly concerned if a fan of the juggernaut Jets feels qualified to discuss my understanding of football.

Yes, and Pat fans here stupidly think Pennington sucked. Selective reading much? You want to speak about football? Bring up X's and O'S, and I'll be able to asnwer 90% of your questions and run circles around you in debates.

I don't think Pennington sucked. He could have been very good if injury didn't sap his arm strength. Even after the injury, I think he was a solid game manager.

Pennington was average. Whether or not you choose to accept that is your issue.
And you guys accuse me of not knowing anything about football , smh. Even PatsFanInVa said Pennington was good when healthy. Keep Looking at those fantasy stats .

And you guys accuse me of not knowing anything about football , smh. Even PatsFanInVa said Pennington was good when healthy. Keep Looking at those fantasy stats .
Yeah, I'm a noted fan of the application of Fantasy Football statistics to gameday performance around here.

I might have said that, but should have added a parenthetical, "which was never." :)

I did rhapsodize about Ken O'Brien. He was a QB who would have earned a ring elsewhere. Oh well. Woulda coulda shoulda.

Truth is, I like Jetsfan#####. He's been very respectful etc. despite the abuse we are recreationally dumping on him.

This is why I feel he deserves to find another team. I hope the Jets do draft the guy he doesn't want, so that he can move on. It's like one of those ghost movies, where they're trapped by the feeling of something unfinished in life.

I think the Jets are just something that happened to a good guy here, in Jetsfan#####'s case.

Of course the point of the thread is ridicule, so I apologize for going soft. I just think he could move on and be happier, and stop counting the days to the draft in November.

I doubt anyone would argue with that. Anybody who has the kind of detail oriented blueprint for success that you have provided for us is light years beyond the average fan. Your plan for the jets to suck for as long as it takes for their messiah to fall into their lap is as fine as they come. Just lose every game until the exact player they want is available in the draft is a stroke of genius. And the elegance of your plan is really striking as all they have to do is keep losing, which is really the one thing they already excel at.

Bravo sir, pure genius.

Last edited:
I doubt anyone would argue with that. Anybody who has the kind of detail oriented blueprint for success that you have provided for us is light years beyond the average fan. Your plan for the jets to suck for as long as it takes for their messiah to fall into their lap is as fine as they come. Just lose every game until the exact player they want is available in the draft is a stroke of genius. And the elegance of your plan is really stroking as all they have to do is keep losing, which is really the one thing they already excel at.

Bravo sir, pure genius.
Why win a few meaningless games in December ? The folts seem to be the only team that gets this.I'm obviously going to root for my team to win,but I won't be angry if they lose at this point. If we draft Mariota, I think we should sit him out for an entire year, and take our LT of the future in 2016. I predict a 7-9 season or something along those lines for the Jets next season.

Could you please come up with something more than he was good/very good? Like examples, or anything at all.
I agree with ausbacker that he was average, at least for his era. Maybe even good sometimes, but every QB has his good games.
If you mean good compared to other recent Jets QB, then I must agree. He was much better than Geno or Sanchez.

Could you please come up with something more than he was good/very good? Like examples, or anything at all.
I agree with ausbacker that he was average, at least for his era. Maybe even good sometimes, but every QB has his good games.
If you mean good compared to other recent Jets QB, then I must agree. He was much better than Geno or Sanchez.
1. Excellent football IQ. Unlike the last two bufoons we've had at Quarterback, Pennington 's football IQ with the best of them. Guy was tough as nails as well.

2. Flawless Mechanics: You see greay Quarterback's llike Brett Farve tend to depend on their arm strength to bail them out. Usually this results in interceptions, but Pennington on the other hand didn't have elite arm strength, instead he had great footwork. He always used his front font to drive the ball, aligned his hips and shoulders, and his backfoot always swung, thus aiding allowing him to throw accurate passes with JUST enough velocity. His front foot always pointed to his intended target, and his left shoulder did as well. These are basic mechanics, that many Quarterbacks in the NFL have not mastered.

3. Accuracy. He was one of the most accurate passers on intermediate and short routes. He always made the right decision, which is why his interceptions were fairly low.

You're calling him average, because he didn't put up big numbers or posses elite physical attributes. But other than a great arm he had everything you wanted in a Quarterback. He showed up in big games, made very little mistakes, he was accurate,and was lights out for us before he tore his rotator cuff. His playoff performance against the Colts in the ''02 playoffs was about as good as it gets for a Quarterback with his arm strength. There's no doubt in my mind we would have won a SB, had Chad not gotten hurt.

I obviously cant answer that, the Patriots don't play meaningless games in December, or any other month for that matter.
Wrong. Games played in August are meaningless .:)

I don't consider The Pre Season part of the real season, but I can see how they all seem the same to you, especially since your season usually ends in December.

Chad Pennington is an excellent example in J.E.T.S.! suckage (and he ties into a coaching example of Jets suckage). In the Tom Brady era, only two QBs have won the division title in the AFCE. Pennington won it in both NY and MIA. The year he won it in Miami was the year after the Jets got rid of him and his injury-plagued career, in Favor of ironman Brett Favre. Naturally, after starting off the year like a house of fire, Favre got injured, was a shell of himself, and led the Jets to a non-playoff season. Eric Mangini was fired after a 9-7 season, which was the second straight year his QB had finished the season injured.

Meanwhile, Rex has survived a pair of 8-8 seasons and 6-10 season, without having the injured starting QB excuse.

Because.......... Jets

I don't usually come into this thread as I know it is for non stop Jet bashing cuz.... well... they suck but Jetsfan25678 is actually articulate, raises some good points, and seems to know more about football then just J E T S suck suck suck. Far too intellegent in fact to deserve being a fan of the circus that is Jets football. Come to the dark side we have cookies.
All of that said Pennington was what he was, a B quarterback that would win you some games but never get you to the big dance or be considered among the elite, because he wasn't. Its not just the fantasy boy stats he never put up, he didn't elevate everyone around him's game like a Payton or a Brady. Accurate? Smart? Good decision maker? Tough? Sure I'll buy all that but when it got cold and you need to drive the ball or when a defense stuffs the middle of the field and you need to hit a 15 yard out by the sideline he couldn't do it and thus would never win a superbowl. I know this is considered blasphamy but I actually enjoyed the games against Pennington and Cherbet as worthy opponents.

For the record I thought Pennington was a good QB, but since the entire purpose of this thread is to ridicule so I never said that.

Actually, winning those games is meaningless. Playing them isn't.

You should become a Pats fan. Great owner, great franchise, knowledgeable fans, best message board. You'd fit in. You would have to go to Jet detox first though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back