PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The 2014 Edition : Jets continue to suck (what else is new)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great line pazrul72. :D
Wish I could take credit for it but it's all over the net. Just seemed appropriate for the poor jet fan that actually appears to have a brain.

Did this inbred Rat mutt just try to prop up Fine Chinaton as an elite QB? Like when and where? Ten thousand years ago in an alternate universe? Ouch That-hurtington? Ducks Throwington? Smoked Shoulderton?

roflmao-old-style-47230418462.jpeg

I might have said that, but should have added a parenthetical, "which was never." :)

I did rhapsodize about Ken O'Brien. He was a QB who would have earned a ring elsewhere. Oh well. Woulda coulda shoulda.

Truth is, I like Jetsfan#####. He's been very respectful etc. despite the abuse we are recreationally dumping on him.

This is why I feel he deserves to find another team. I hope the Jets do draft the guy he doesn't want, so that he can move on. It's like one of those ghost movies, where they're trapped by the feeling of something unfinished in life.

I think the Jets are just something that happened to a good guy here, in Jetsfan#####'s case.

Of course the point of the thread is ridicule, so I apologize for going soft. I just think he could move on and be happier, and stop counting the days to the draft in November.
jets suck 26.jpg

RageRage19:

GeeeeeeeeeNOOOOOOOOOOO! - Unlimited ceiling
Idzik - It's all part of the plan
Wrecks - Coach of the Year
NY Jets - All is well

arg-2-50.gif

That's right 2, for the 2 wins the NY Jets will finish this season.

For what it's worth, I agree that Chad Pennington was a very good quarterback who could have been great if his career hadn't been blighted by appalling bad luck ...

He was drafted by the J*E*S*T. :p

Drew Bledsode was going to implode soon;he doesn't count. And he didn't do crap in Buffalo or Dallas; You guys should still be thanking Mo Lewis. If it were not for that hit, Billichick would be a DC somewhere today, and who knows if Brady would have became a HOF player.

You completely missed the point of what I was saying. Typical New York fan. He brought the Patriots to a SUPER BOWL, and yet you say that that doesn't count. Then you go on to say that us Pats fans think Chad Pennington sucked, which I never said he did, but yet he did not ever bring the Jets to a Super Bowl. Also, go look at Drew Bledsoe's stats. He actually had a very good year statistically with Buffalo, throwing for alot of yards and TD's, but apparently you are too ignorant to actually argue with facts.

Also let it be added that Drew Bledsoe was a Pro Bowl quarterback. I don't see Geno Smith or any of the JEST crew getting an invite to the pro bowl anytime soon so don't crap on a great quarterback. Deny it all you want but Drew Bledsoe was the start of the turning point for New England and we have dominated the AFC East practically since the turn of the century. I understand you Jets fans are all butthurt about it but someday you'll get yours- probly like 30 years from now the Jets MIGHT be good.

I might have said that, but should have added a parenthetical, "which was never." :)

I did rhapsodize about Ken O'Brien. He was a QB who would have earned a ring elsewhere. Oh well. Woulda coulda shoulda.

Truth is, I like Jetsfan#####. He's been very respectful etc. despite the abuse we are recreationally dumping on him.

This is why I feel he deserves to find another team. I hope the Jets do draft the guy he doesn't want, so that he can move on. It's like one of those ghost movies, where they're trapped by the feeling of something unfinished in life.

I think the Jets are just something that happened to a good guy here, in Jetsfan#####'s case.

Of course the point of the thread is ridicule, so I apologize for going soft. I just think he could move on and be happier, and stop counting the days to the draft in November.

I say let him join the Pats. He could replace Richard, a former Pats fan turned Jets fan that I met years ago on another board. The poor guy left the Pats to follow Parcells. Talk about bad choices.

Last edited:
And Marcus Mariota should break that trend. Worry about your SB caliber roster while I continue to count down the days until the 2015 draft.

The Jets are 2- 8, what else am I supposed to look foward to? I'm not actually counting down the days until the draft, but I'm looking forward to it, and I'm sure you would do the same if you were in my position.

Why win a few meaningless games in December ?

Show me your all mighty football knowledge. Go ahead.

OK, here's some football knowledge for you. The road to championship football is taken by creating a culture of excellence, of continuous improvement, and player development through the entire roster. There are no meaningless games to a team on this quest. There are no players too unimportant for this focus. Every game, regardless of the team's record and position in the standings, is an opportunity to the coaching staff to build that culture and to improve player capability and performance. It transcends seasons.

If you want the Jets to have a better chance of winning the super bowl at some point in the future, the way to do that is through improvement and winning ASAP, not next year or the year after. It is about creating standards and expectations that become part of the team's mindset and beliefs about itself. About becoming excellent at the little things, on special teams, in practice, and all of the other aspects of the game that aren't about superstars and celebrity. This stuff carries over into the next year.

It is a sign of ignorance and emotional immaturity to want your team to lose now. And it defies the very definition of "fan" which is to stand behind the players and coaches on the team, not wish they would be replaced by some other mythical people in the future.

OK, here's some football knowledge for you. The road to championship football is taken by creating a culture of excellence, of continuous improvement, and player development through the entire roster. There are no meaningless games to a team on this quest. There are no players too unimportant for this focus. Every game, regardless of the team's record and position in the standings, is an opportunity to the coaching staff to build that culture and to improve player capability and performance. It transcends seasons.

If you want the Jets to have a better chance of winning the super bowl at some point in the future, the way to do that is through improvement and winning ASAP, not next year or the year after. It is about creating standards and expectations that become part of the team's mindset and beliefs about itself. About becoming excellent at the little things, on special teams, in practice, and all of the other aspects of the game that aren't about superstars and celebrity. This stuff carries over into the next year.

It is a sign of ignorance and emotional immaturity to want your team to lose now. And it defies the very definition of "fan" which is to stand behind the players and coaches on the team, not wish they would be replaced by some other mythical people in the future.
Well said. It is things like this that the armchair GMs fail to understand.

This is way too much wisdom for this thread. Nevertheless, it is a winner.

Chad Pennington was a very good or great quarterback?

Really?

His best year was his first full one. 3,120 yards, 22 TD's, 6 INT's.

He went over 3,500 yards once in his entire career. He only saw two full seasons in his entire career. He threw 20+ TD's in a season only once.

He was accurate at short to intermediate routes because that's all he could throw.

He was Brian Hoyer but slightly better.

That giant Jets sucking sound in upstate New York you hear is a massive wall of snow barreling across Lake Ontario straight for Ralph Wilson Stadium in time for Sunday's Jets - Bills game:

102198891-RTR4ENRR.600x400.jpg

Umm... Drew Bledsoe anyone?.. Yes maybe he wasn't Tom Brady, but he WAS a legitimate franchise quarterback who brought the Pats to the super bowl vs. the Packers, something your team can't seem to do. And he didn't have nearly the level of talent around him that Brady has usually had. He was drafted and developed in New England.
Steve Grogan was good enough to play 16 years for the Pats. He led what was probably the best Patriots team until the BB era and should have gotten to the SB, if it weren't for the malfeasance of Ben Drieth. For that matter, Jim Plunkett was a franchise QB who was just mishandled and didn't come into his own until later in his career.

Point of information. Belichick actually preferred Brady over Bledsoe during 2001 training camp (Brady appeared to be the better QB during the preseason). But, Bledsoe just got a big contract and the 5-11 200 season meant that BB had to go with something s bit safer.

While Bledsoe was a starting caliber QB, he wasn't BBs type of player because he didn't eat/sleep/breathe football and BB knew he could game plan around his strengths/weaknesses (probably a reason he was willing to trade him to a division rival). Don't get me wrong, we all loved what Bledsoe did for this franchise.

As for the prior year, BB recognized Brady's talent as he knew/suspected that Brady would never clear waivers to the PS and decided to keep 4 QBs on the 53 man team.
Which is why he was able to beat Bledsoe and Parcells int he playoffs when he was HC of the Browns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots