PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rob Gronkowski not expected play Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we just trade for Fitzgerald already?

Fitzgerald's cap hit for 2014 and 2015 is $18 million and $21.5 million. Then another $48 million total over the next 3 years.

practice is much...much different then a game..where the other team will be trying to hurt his arm

agree . But how is a doctor to determine that ? Is he practicing in a red shirt ? We dont know that but he is practicing in full pads . God forbid he breaks his arm in practice by pushing or pulling or whatever . Who is responsible for this ? If Iam gronk and I want an external advisor to tell me when to play then I also want him to clear me for practice .

If the doctors and medical staff feel it is in his best intrest to stay out of the game against the Saints than so be it. It will not benefit the team or Gronk to come out and play before he is fully healed. Let Gronk take how ever many weeks off necessary so that he can come back strong and help the team win games.

Yeah, a "month or two" is a totally different thing from saying that you doubt his arm will be healed next week. It's almost a ridiculous statement to make.

Comments like this make me wonder how much some people understand the salary cap.

Apparently Dr. Andrews heard there are going to be 7MPH winds at the stadium today and decided that Gronk could catch a cold from it and reinjure his arm when he sneezed.

Well if we traded Brady for him....

Then we trade Fitzgerald for Welker and D. Thomas...

Then when the Cardinals figure out that Brady is a system QB, they'll trade him back for D. Thomas, and bam!

The band's back together!

Then we trade Fitzgerald for Welker and D. Thomas...

Then when the Cardinals figure out that Brady is a system QB, they'll trade him back for D. Thomas, and bam!

The band's back together!

You'd trade Thomas for an ageing system QB? That's bad business :)

I find it difficult to believe that any players would be forthcoming with that type of information to the media, however, if found to be true, that is particularly concerning (even being on Gronk's side).

I haven't followed this story closely but boy this season is screwed up. Something will go right at some stage won't it?

My question......Is Gronk being tackled in practice. I know full contact practices are at a bare minimum, maybe one/week...so seeing the Gronk dominate during a two hand touch session just doesn't tell the entire story.
Do the beat guys ever even bother to ask if Gronk is participating in full contact sessions?

i hope he will be back for week.7

in my opinion weeks 7,8 and 9 will be very important for our season: we play NYJ MIA and PIT

3 games between division-conference and i really hope #87 will be on the field

Gronk is almost ready to play.

article-2269824-1739E543000005DC-280_634x1202.jpg

I would love to know why Dr. Andrews or Dr. Jupiter won't clear Gronkowski. On the surface it certainly doesn't seem to make much sense but I am sure they have their reasons. The question is what needs to happen before they can clear him? Given the amount of time that has passed since his last surgery, the lack of infection, and the fact that he has been practicing routinely then my guess is that there is a bigger problem. I'm not expecting him back anytime soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST