PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dynasty Era Culture & Media schtick the one area I think Belichick firing would win.

PATS16N0

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Watching this cringe team still do Tedy Bruschi’s “oh’ yeah” from 2003 makes me really think they could benefit from some identity resolution. Tom Brady is gone. There is no thread left hanging that connects Rob Gronkowski to Rodney Harrison. Put that **** to bed.

The Dynasty anti-media media schtick plays a lot better when you’re going to war with the Ravens in the AFC Championship game every year, too. This whole “we gotta’ keep getting better” every week from Mac Jones is nauseating. Tom said that after blowing the doors off some poor ****ers 45-3, and if Bill said we were on to Cincinnati, we knew it was because Cincinnati was in danger.

This looks like children dressed up as wizards. In this case, it’s the 2023 Patriots LARPing as their predecessors.

The _one_ advantage I see to moving on from Belichick would be in exorcising the ghosts in that locker room. We likely downgrade significantly, even though we’re going to have to do that relatively soon anyway, but the Brady and his Boys Patriots did their talking on the field. The same schtick now just makes everyone seem like dumb robots.

Low energy. Maybe that is on Belichick.

If the way he deals with the media bothers you, well that's on you... ewwww, he's so mean to the mediaaa... really? who gives a rats ass about that? its meaningless, and it should be the very last thing that comes up when discussing Belichick

he does need to re-prioritize the way he's building his rosters, given the state of the game

he does need to find a long term quarterback because Clueless ain't it...

One benefit i can see for keeping Belichick is it will piss off some people to no end... and i'm fine with that

Watching this cringe team still do Tedy Bruschi’s “oh’ yeah” from 2003 makes me really think they could benefit from some identity resolution. Tom Brady is gone. There is no thread left hanging that connects Rob Gronkowski to Rodney Harrison. Put that **** to bed.

The Dynasty anti-media media schtick plays a lot better when you’re going to war with the Ravens in the AFC Championship game every year, too. This whole “we gotta’ keep getting better” every week from Mac Jones is nauseating. Tom said that after blowing the doors off some poor ****ers 45-3, and if Bill said we were on to Cincinnati, we knew it was because Cincinnati was in danger.

This looks like children dressed up as wizards. In this case, it’s the 2023 Patriots LARPing as their predecessors.

The _one_ advantage I see to moving on from Belichick would be in exorcising the ghosts in that locker room. We likely downgrade significantly, even though we’re going to have to do that relatively soon anyway, but the Brady and his Boys Patriots did their talking on the field. The same schtick now just makes everyone seem like dumb robots.

The "low energy" came from the club falling behind due to the turnovers. They drove down the field and answered Dallas' field goal and tied things up at 3-3. It's not like it was terrible. Then, the defense adjusted and played well, but the offense fell off a cliff after Jones' two turnovers put them behind again against a pretty good Dallas offense. That put them in a hole that the defense spent the rest of the afternoon trying to give them a chance to get back in it. That obviously never happened.

To your point, Belichick will be fired when it's clear he's lost the locker room or games like this become more of the norm. I don't think we're there yet.

Not saying I'm not concerned we won't see that, especially if their two best defenders are gone and they fall apart, but I don't think energy/effort was the issue today. They ended up down 28-3 not due to their own (the defense's) volition, but because of two really disastrous decisions by Jones. Hard to be happy and upbeat about that.

Either way, I don't think Belichick's the problem from this standpoint. Although, as I said earlier, I do feel like after watching Miami and Buffalo today, that the fact there's not one truly explosive player with a quarterback on a rookie deal is incredibly frustrating.

Last edited:

There is a lack of hunger. If getting destroyed isn't motivation, I'm not sure what moves the needle.

Last edited:
The low energy came from the club falling behind due to the turnovers. They drove down the field and answered Dallas' field goal and tied things up at 3-3. Defense adjusted and played well, but the offense fell off a cliff after Jones' two turnovers put them behind again against a pretty good Dallas offense.

Belichick will be fired when it's clear he's lost the locker room or games like this become more of the norm. I don't think we're there yet.

Not saying I'm not concerned we won't see that, especially if their two best defenders are gone and they fall apart, but I don't think energy/effort was the issue today. They ended up down 28-3 not due to their own (the defense's) volition, but because of two really disastrous decisions by Jones. Hard to be happy and upbeat about that.

Either way, I don't think Belichick's the problem from this standpoint. Although, as I said earlier, I do feel like after watching Miami and Buffalo today, that the fact there's not one truly explosive player with a quarterback on a rookie deal is incredibly frustrating.
Kraft will look terrible if he fires a Hall of Fame coach midseason. If anything, maybe a catastrophe of a season could be an excuse to scale back (or outright remove) Bill's GM duties. Having a new GM could plant the seeds for a new era while also letting Bill chase the all time win record.

Kraft will look terrible if he fires a Hall of Fame coach midseason. If anything, maybe a catastrophe of a season could be an excuse to scale back (or outright remove) Bill's GM duties. Having a new GM could plant the seeds for a new era while also letting Bill chase the all time win record.
No way it will happen midseason. Things will play out however they play out, but I don't think this truly becomes a real conversation until at least next January. And I don't think he'd get fired. I think he'd resign first before that happened.

This team can’t move on until Bill is gone. Kraft shouldve done it after the Patricia experiment. He needs to do it this January. It’s time.

Let’s be realistic. Bill Belichick isn’t gonna step down from his GM duties. He has way too much pride and will see it as a slap to his face. If Kraft asks Bill to give up his GM duties Bill will say no and if Kraft insists Bill will walk.

Let’s be realistic. Bill Belichick isn’t gonna step down from his GM duties. He has way too much pride and will see it as a slap to his face. If Kraft asks Bill to give up his GM duties Bill will say no and if Kraft insists Bill will walk.
If pride is the sticking point, the argument I'd try is "Look, this is probably your best shot at breaking Shula's record. If you leave now, how likely is it that some other team is going to let you be GM, too? If you focus on being a coach and let us handle bringing in the talent, you could coach even longer."

If pride is the sticking point, the argument I'd try is "Look, this is probably your best shot at breaking Shula's record. If you leave now, how likely is it that some other team is going to let you be GM, too? If you focus on being a coach and let us handle bringing in the talent, you could coach even longer."
Sure, but I don’t see how Bill would go for it. I think he would find it somewhat humiliating not being the number 1 guy after 24 years of being the number 1 guy. He only answered to the owner. Now Bill Belichick is gonna get told what players he has to keep, play, and build around by someone with probably 30 years less experience than him, on a team he won 6 SBs with? I just don’t see it.

If he was only gonna be the coach I think he would want to do it for 3 years or so where he has a good QB and a better chance of winning. Maybe the Chargers or Dallas if they flip out of the playoffs again.

Pretty much this. Bill the coach and Bill the GM are tied at the him. Belichick 23 years into the run isn't going to let his GM duties be taken

There's lots of teams with more talent than the Patriots that would still be desperate enough to bend over if Belichick became available. Look at the Jets. They underperform this year (like it seems) and they have Rodgers coming back with that awesome defense and Breece Hall, and Bill comes into a situation where he only has to draft offensive lineman to have a contender. The Jets would roll out the red carpet for that. And Bill is petty enough to do it if he felt slighted here.

“I just gotta’ keep working to improve every day.”

What an original answer from one of the worst quarterbacks in the league.
Statistically, that's not true. Did he have a bad game? Yup. Is he the worst QB in the league? No way.

I'm sorry he's not Brady.

I think BB the GM is the problem. Signing the ghost of JJSS and Rief as the big off season acquisitions doesn't look good.

The "low energy" came from the club falling behind due to the turnovers. They drove down the field and answered Dallas' field goal and tied things up at 3-3. It's not like it was terrible. Then, the defense adjusted and played well, but the offense fell off a cliff after Jones' two turnovers put them behind again against a pretty good Dallas offense. That put them in a hole that the defense spent the rest of the afternoon trying to give them a chance to get back in it. That obviously never happened.

To your point, Belichick will be fired when it's clear he's lost the locker room or games like this become more of the norm. I don't think we're there yet.

BB wants to save Mr. Kraft money…

Ian: who is responsible for putting this team together 4 years post Brady? End of this season will be the time for Bill to move on and truly start a new era. The team is dull, feckless, devoid of talent with no hope for the immediate future. Bill has lost his ability to innovate
Mac is a train wreck dirty player, who chokes with pressue, has a noodle arm and acts like a 9 year old. His supposed smarts have never materialized.
He should not be extended.
Have to hit rock bottom before the next rise can take place

Ian: who is responsible for putting this team together 4 years post Brady? End of this season will be the time for Bill to move on and truly start a new era. The team is dull, feckless, devoid of talent with no hope for the immediate future. Bill has lost his ability to innovate
Mac is a train wreck dirty player, who chokes with pressue, has a noodle arm and acts like a 9 year old. His supposed smarts have never materialized.
He should not be extended.
Have to hit rock bottom before the next rise can take place
The O-line is the problem. Even Brady would look like sh!t behind these guys.

(Yes, Mac had a horrendous game. I'm not saying he didn't but it starts up front)

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back