PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rob Gronkowski not expected play Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brady6

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
http://teamstre.am/17gGym0

At this point I'd just keep him out though the bye, we have the Jets, Dolphins and Steelers after this game all of which we could beat without Gronkowski.

At this point I'd more surprised if he actually suited up this season than if he doesn't.

Something tells me a part of the Pats fan base is growing impatient and restless over Gronkowski and his delay.

Something tells me a part of the Pats fan base is growing impatient and restless over Gronkowski and his delay.

The problem is that all outward manifestations suggest that he can play. (Remember Reiss's comments a few weeks ago that "if this were a playoff game, he'd play"?)

I'd really love to see Gronk back out there but if he isn't 100% or at least very close I'd rather they not risk him suffering another setback.

At this point I'd more surprised if he actually suited up this season than if he doesn't.

I have to agree with you. Let's face it, one more broken arm, and that arm is chopped liver inside. Just too many cuts in there already. One more back surgery and Gronk can be affected long term. I really think Gronk's days are numbered, and he isn't going out there until HE thinks he's ready. Obviously he doesn't feel ready. 5 games gone 11 to go, if he plays more than 3 I'd be shocked, And, I wouldn't be shocked if Gronk gets IR'd very soon. Maybe Ballard or Fells is ready.

There is now talk of an abscess developing in the arm?

That might end his season,tell us it ain't so :eek:

I would fire and sue Gill if Gronk fails to return due to improper surgery

Yet he's listed as questionable.

Because as we all know, one or two more weeks is going to make his bones stronger....what type of medical research is that based on? there's no difference week to week on a surgically graphed bone...month to month, sure..week to week, not so much. I hope Gronk is drinking a gallon of milk a day, that should help. And eat spinach and watch Popeye the sailor man.

So Gronk practices for 6 weeks, catches passes, gets tackled, and yet he's not ready to suit up and take snaps in a game?? Someone with a PHD in human kiniesiology please explain this to me.

There is now talk of an abscess developing in the arm?

That might end his season,tell us it ain't so :eek:

I would fire and sue Gill if Gronk fails to return due to improper surgery

The infection (and any abscess) happened months ago.

If there's a new infection—which I highly doubt—they might as well IR him now.

So James Andrews , the independent doctor has not cleared him so he isnt ready i guess. Probably another come of weeks.

The infection (and any abscess) happened months ago.

If there's a new infection—which I highly doubt—they might as well IR him now.

Would not surprise me if they did IR him...especially if it starts to really become a big headline week after week,the Pats don't like controversy.

All this due to garbage luck scoring an PAT in a game we were winning by 30 points!

Makes you sick!

The article says nothing that Gronk is not expected to play. It just says there is more doubt that he will play. He could be cleared tomorrow or even Sunday. The outlook just went from definitely playing to less than definite, but not clear how less.

Besides, this report is old news at this point.

We need to get use to it.This team must learn to win without him if they expect to make the playoffs.Gronk can return in November if he needs to, football won't stop. Brady must get on the same page with his receivers pronto if we expect to survive Sunday, the worst thing that can happen is we'll be 4-2.

I suggest people use Pro football talk as a source instead of ESPN...far less sensationalism in their titles and they give you more information.

basically, Andrews hasnt given the "ok" on the scans which is why they dont expect him..he still could tomorrow or sunday

but, what gets me is can someone explain to me what exactly Dr. Andrews needs to see in these "scans" of gronks forearm to clear him to play? and how much if any can those "scans" change from this Sunday to next?

and, if he can practice and get tackled, how is he cleared for that but not to take hits in a game?

or is this just Gronk having the "derrick rose" effect where he's perfectly healthy but is afraid to go back out there.

Gotta love how people are putting this on Gronkowski when it is Dr. James Andrews who has not cleared Gronkowski to play..

But, yeah, lets keep throwing crap out there and proving how clueless we are instead of being patient. I mean, really..

Regardless of the decision, it should be a game time decision just to mess with Sean Payton and Rob Ryan.

Gronk coming back is sounding more like him not wanting to rather than the Dr BS. Wonder if he is having a little bit of "I don't want to get hurt so I am not gonna play" syndroom like Jadeveon Clowney

Gotta love how people are putting this on Gronkowski when it is Dr. James Andrews who has not cleared Gronkowski to play..

But, yeah, lets keep throwing crap out there and proving how clueless we are instead of being patient. I mean, really..

Case in point :rolleyes:

Gronk coming back is sounding more like him not wanting to rather than the Dr BS. Wonder if he is having a little bit of "I don't want to get hurt so I am not gonna play" syndroom like Jadeveon Clowney

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST