PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rob Gronkowski not expected play Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 weeks......that's how long it's been since Gronkowski had his final arm surgery where it was found that there was no further infection.

Now, obviously, none of us have all the facts, but in my experience (having had metal screws inserted during an operation) I can't see how anyone can say that Gronkowski is being rushed back.

Personally, I was pretty much fine after 8 weeks. Now, I wasn't being hit by 250 pound linebackers, but I didn't notice any difference between week 8 or 12 or 16 or 20 of my recovery.

If it is his arm, and he's been practicing with the team for 6 weeks, does this mean that he's had no contact...at all?

How many injuries can you think where the person isn't ready by week 21 but is ready by week 22?

I've been researching the "healing rate" of bones in the arm. Obviously, there are many factors that are involved but the worst case scenario I found (outside of someone's arm being crushed) took about 12 weeks to heal.

Now, we know that the infection was gone when they opened him up for this last arm surgery and we know that he has been practicing these past 6 weeks. We also know that he had back surgery about 17 weeks ago (slowing down his recovery) and that this was not his first surgery on his arm.

I don't begrudge Gronkowski making long term decisions rather than making poor short term decisions. But I'm still having a difficult time understanding how someone could be practicing with the team for 6 weeks and still not be ready and I certainly can't see how the Patriots can be accused of "rushing him back" when they've already waited 21 weeks.

You're not taking into account the infection which compromised the bones healing process, and yeah, all injuries have a date when a player is not available but one week later they're available, they're just different weeks, not sure of your point there.

You're not taking into account the infection which compromised the bones healing process, and yeah, all injuries have a date when a player is not available but one week later they're available, they're just different weeks, not sure of your point there.

Actually I did take the infection into account. The last operation was done to determine if there was an infection and there was no infection.

"NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reported that the star tight end had new plates put into his troublesome left forearm, and doctors have determined the infection in the arm is gone, according to a source. No further surgery is planned at this time."

Rob Gronkowski's arm infection cleared after surgery - NFL.com

So its been 21 weeks from his last operation where it was determined that there was no infection.

May I suggest that folks upset tweet Gronk saying that he's a ******** for not playing and include their home addresses?

I'm not on Twitter, otherwise I'd send him Polish jokes

Actually I did take the infection into account. The last operation was done to determine if there was an infection and there was no infection.

"NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reported that the star tight end had new plates put into his troublesome left forearm, and doctors have determined the infection in the arm is gone, according to a source. No further surgery is planned at this time."

Rob Gronkowski's arm infection cleared after surgery - NFL.com

So its been 21 weeks from his last operation where it was determined that there was no infection.

Yeah it's gone but still compromises the healing process so it'll take longer for the bone to become stronger than usual.

I'm not sure what your problem here is. I wasn't exaggerating. You may recall Zsa Zsa Gabor having to have an amputation after she suffered a bone infection following a hip implant.

Did Zsa Zsa Gabor break her hip while blocking on an extra point attempt, too?

Belichick should just go for two.

Considering the way that everything has gone, can we honestly fault him for bringing in outside consultants?

I think that you may be right that there may be some "lost nerve" factor at the moment, but when you take everything into account, it kind of makes sense. He just wants to have everyone agree that he is okay and that things have healed properly enough etc.

So why is he practicing ? what if he breaks his hand in practice in full pads. ?why not ask external consultants for this too ? This whole issue is because he has practiced in last 6 weeks. If he started practice 2 weeks ago, it would be this big a deal.

If iam the pats, i dont practice him next week until his doctors tell him to.

Yeah it's gone but still compromises the healing process so it'll take longer for the bone to become stronger than usual.

They gave him 15 weeks to heal before he started practicing with the team.

Unless you're saying that they've let him practice these past 6 weeks knowing that his forearm was still compromised.

If iam the pats, i dont practice him next week until his doctors tell him to.

if I'm the pats I would be confused.

Do you have anything more to support your implication that it wasn't? The way I see it we both are offering baseless opinions.

No, you are creating something from thin air and I am saying you are creating something from thin air.

Do you have anything more to support your implication that it wasn't? The way I see it we both are offering baseless opinions.

This is exactly how the media works. If someone doesnt answer to something what they say (behind a source) is wrong , that means they are right even though they are just conjuring stuff up themselves. You are doing the same.

This is exactly how the media works. If someone doesnt answer to something what they say (behind a source) is wrong , that means they are right even though they are just conjuring stuff up themselves. You are doing the same.

Very Tomasse-ish

Wait...so you're saying he isn't playing?

Why risk his career for one game if a great doctor is telling him not to play?

no problems with this. Just have a problem with him practicing now. He could break his weak arm in a full pads practice also. How he has been cleared to practice but not play ? If andrews stops him from practicing next week also then we can assume he practiced too early.

no problems with this. Just have a problem with him practicing now. He could break his weak arm in a full pads practice also. How he has been cleared to practice but not play ? If andrews stops him from practicing next week also then we can assume he practiced too early.

practice is much...much different then a game..where the other team will be trying to hurt his arm

practice is much...much different then a game..where the other team will be trying to hurt his arm

Also in the grand scheme of things, the next two games againts the Jets and Phins are more important, then this Saints game..

O/T:Ugh, TAMU just won...

so 7 days later do we expect the bone to be "ready" or do we just play this game again. At this point I expect very little from Gronkowski this year. Same goes for Harvin and Crabtree or any other player sitting out almost half the year.

so 7 days later do we expect the bone to be "ready" or do we just play this game again. At this point I expect very little from Gronkowski this year. Same goes for Harvin and Crabtree or any other player sitting out lmost half the year.

If the arm isn't ready now it won't be in a month or two either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand