PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Quarterback situation

Status
Not open for further replies.
that has been one of my main frustration with the patriots the past couple years

they haven't been building for the future

they either let aging veterans play too long, or just try to patch up holes

sometimes you gotta throw the young guys in there and let them learn as they go

You're "frustration"? You're a troll who showed up here claiming to be a Pats fan in April. You got shredded because your arguments were bunk and you scurried back into your hole until now.

Fact - The Patriots HAVE been building for the future. Just because you can't grasp it doesn't mean it hasn't been happening.
Fact - One of the things the Patriots have done is NOT let aging players play too long. Its why they let people like McGinest, Milloy, and Law go when they did.
Fact - Throwing a young player who isn't ready to the fire is actually the worst thing you can do. Its the easiest way to destroy their confidence.

You're "frustration"? You're a troll who showed up here claiming to be a Pats fan in April. You got shredded because your arguments were bunk and you scurried back into your hole until now.

Which argument was bunk exactly?

The one I made back last winter saying they needed to start thinking very seriously about brady's replacement.

To which everyone on here replied saying I was wrong and Brady would start every game for the next 5 years.

That was wrong?

Fact - One of the things the Patriots have done is NOT let aging players play too long.

So that's why Bruschi is a starting MLB?

Which argument was bunk exactly?

The one I made back last winter saying they needed to start thinking very seriously about brady's replacement.

To which everyone on here replied saying I was wrong and Brady would start every game for the next 5 years.

That was wrong?

Yes it was. Do you know why? Here, let me give you a hint. Its because the Patriots KNOW that at any point in time they could lose someone. Its why they've always "planned" to have Brady's replacement.

As I said, you're a troll who got lambasted, ran with your tail between your legs, and now has shown back up in a pathetic attempt to say "I told you so." Even though you didn't because you didn't tell anyone anything they didn't already know.

So that's why Bruschi is a starting MLB?

So, in your unfounded and unproven opinion, you believe that Bruschi shouldn't be starting. Did you watch the game? I did. And, Bruschi played surprisingly well. There were numerous times that the shots showed that the only way that the O-line could handle Bruschi was by HOLDING him illegally.

OH, and, not that it matters, but Bruschi was 2nd yesterday in tackles. Not to mention he's the one who calls out the pre-snap adjustments for the front 7.

Yes it was. Do you know why? Here, let me give you a hint. Its because the Patriots KNOW that at any point in time they could lose someone. Its why they've always "planned" to have Brady's replacement.

That's great news!
Where is he?

OH, and, not that it matters, but Bruschi was 2nd yesterday in tackles. Not to mention he's the one who calls out the pre-snap adjustments for the front 7.

Bruschi is a symbol of a team trying too long to hold onto past glory
he was great in '01-'04, but he's been washed up the past couple years
time to let him go, give a rookie a chance, how about Guyton?

Mayo or Vrabel could call out the adjustments I'm sure

you think Bruschi's been doing a good job leading the defense?

how about against the Colts in the '06 AFC Championships?

how about the Giants in the super bowl last year?

good thing we had him there calling out adjustments

That's great news!
Where is he?

He's Matt Cassel for this year. Cassel is the one who won the back-up job. Long term, its probably O'Connell, but I am not Miss Cleo so I can't see the future.

Bruschi is a symbol of a team trying too long to hold onto past glory
he was great in '01-'04, but he's been washed up the past couple years
time to let him go, give a rookie a chance, how about Guyton?

Mayo or Vrabel could call out the adjustments I'm sure

You do realize that Vrabel, lining up at the OLB spot, can't see the entire offense and, therefore can't effectively call out the changes, right?

What has Guyton done to earn a chance to start? What? Because he made the team? That's funny because he didn't beat out Bruschi. I mean, if Bruschi was so bad, that would have happened, right?

Sorry, Gick. While people have been claiming that Bruschi has "been washed up" the Patriots chose to keep him over Seau. Lets also realize that, during those two years, Bruschi was not in the WILB position but in the SILB. That wasn't the position he played when he played so well. He was playing the WILB position prior to his stroke. The SILB requires him to do more run stuffing, ala Ted Johnson.

I get that, as a Madden guy, you think you can just throw any joe shmoe on the field and have them produce like an All-Pro, but that just isn't reality.

I get that, as a Madden guy, you think you can just throw any joe shmoe on the field and have them produce like an All-Pro, but that just isn't reality.

Hey Gick, maybe put Madden on and beef up the stat points for us? Thanks.

Oh, and maybe we should try the WR direct snap glitch on the Jets next week.

He's Matt Cassel for this year.

Wow, Matt Cassell! That's some great planning they did!!

You do realize that Vrabel, lining up at the OLB spot, can't see the entire offense and, therefore can't effectively call out the changes, right?

What has Guyton done to earn a chance to start? What? Because he made the team? That's funny because he didn't beat out Bruschi. I mean, if Bruschi was so bad, that would have happened, right?

Sorry, Gick. While people have been claiming that Bruschi has "been washed up" the Patriots chose to keep him over Seau. Lets also realize that, during those two years, Bruschi was not in the WILB position but in the SILB. That wasn't the position he played when he played so well. He was playing the WILB position prior to his stroke. The SILB requires him to do more run stuffing, ala Ted Johnson.

Then how about this:

They play a 4-3

Jarvis Green takes the other end spot, Mayo plays in the middle

Belichick refuses to see that he doesn't have two high quality MLBs, which you need to play the 3-4

you think Bruschi's been doing a good job leading the defense?

Yes, I do think Bruschi is doing a good job.

how about against the Colts in the '06 AFC Championships?

You mean in the AFCC game where Kelvin Hayden should have been called for raping Reche Caldwell in the endzone. You mean the same AFCC Game where Hobbs was called for "face guarding" though face guarding hasn't been a rule in the NFL for years.

You mean the same AFCCG where Brady telegraphed his throw to Troy Brown and the Colts were able to knock it away? Or when Brady threw an interception to Marlin Jackson because he didn't try and throw it to Heath Evans.

how about the Giants in the super bowl last year?

What about the Giants in the SuperBowl? Did you actually watch the game? I did. I saw Asante Samuel NOT haul in an easy interception that would have ended the game. I saw Asante Samuel blow the coverage on the David Tyree TD. I also saw Asante Samuel blow the coverage on the hail mary pass to David Tyree. You know the one that Tyree caught on the top of his helmet? You do understand the difference between calling the defensive alignments for the front 7 and the secondary (which is Harrison's or Sanders responsibility).

I also watched the offense not get the job done. The O-line was man-handled by the Giants D-line. Are you really trying to tell me that Br

good thing we had him there calling out adjustments

Considering that Bruschi calls out the adjustments for only the front 7 and I've shown that you didn't really watch the games by pointing out where others made huge errors, I would have to say that you've failed in your attempt to claim Bruschi is old and washed up.

Wow, Matt Cassell! That's some great planning they did!!

Yes it is. They have a quarterback in the system who has 3 years of experience with said system and who came in and didn't lose the game.

Then how about this:

They play a 4-3

Jarvis Green takes the other end spot, Mayo plays in the middle

*ROFLMAO* You clearly don't understand that there are HUGE differences between the 3-4 and the 4-3.

Again, this is how Madden has made you stupid.

Belichick refuses to see that he doesn't have two high quality MLBs, which you need to play the 3-4

So, let me get this straight. You, in your extreme ignorance, think you know more about Football than Bill Belichick does?

Here is a news flash for you. You don't use ANY MLBs in a 3-4 set. You have 2 ILBs. They are a different position and require a different skill set than a MLB in the 4-3.

Would you please stop posting because, as fun as it is to show just how ignorant you are, you really are making it too easy.

Hey Gick - Since you ignored this in the other threads, here it is for you in this one, though I think you won't be able to answer it here either.

DaBruinz said:
1) The Patriots had the ball only 5 times in the second half.
2) One of those 5 times, Cassel took a knee to end the game
3) On the 1st and 4th possession, the Patriots scored.
4) The other two possessions were 3 and outs.
5) The 2nd series was ended when Sammy Morris didn't pick up the blitz properly and missed the late defender who came in on a stunt.
6) The 3rd series was ended when the Patriots, on 2 straight running plays, couldn't pick up 2 yards. In fact, they telegraphed the plays so badly that the chiefs had 9 in the box the 1st time and 9 in the box the second time.
7) The only other play of the 2nd series that Matt Cassel had a direct hand in was the pass to Gaffney, which Gaffney dropped.

So, what more could Matt Cassel have done yesterday?

And this too for good measure:

DaBruinz said:
Since you clearly are an O'Connell fan and think that he's the next big thing and you seem to imply that Cassel was the reason the Patriots almost lost yesterday please answer the following:

1) Was Matt Cassel on the field when either of Randy Moss, Wes Welker or Matt Slater committed their fumbles yesterday?

2) Was Matt Cassel on the field at the end of the game when the secondary broke down and allowed the long completion to Devard Darling?

3) Was Matt Cassel the one responsible for the 2 conscutive 3 and outs in the 4th quarter? You know where the 1st series ended when Morris missed a blitz pick-up on a stunt and the 2nd series where they tried to run the ball 3 straight times only to get stuffed on the 3rd one.

4) Was Matt Cassel the one responsible for the Patriots offense only getting the ball ONCE in the 3rd quarter and allowing the Chiefs to have the ball for roughly 8 minutes and 35 seconds.

I'd love to hear your answers and your explanations.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back