PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Shuffle Roster, Release Price

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Taylor Price Waived

Just keep Belichick away from the draft room from now on!!!!:mad:

Last edited:

I had high hopes for him before the season, but I guess he is a bust. At least Belichick knows when to cut ties with his busts rather than hold onto them forever and hope they turn it around which they rarely if ever do. Belichick's success rate drafting WRs isn't great. Good thing there are some good free agents next year at the position. Hopefully, they grab one.

My face when I heard this-

35i40nl.jpg

So are the pats going to keep drafting guys that they won't use?

Well, there's some good news in all this. The Patriots don't currently have any 5th, 6th or 7th picks next season, so trading the 3rd away for lower picks instead of wasting it on yet another failed 3rd rounder is a real possibility.

Just keep Belichick away from the draft room from now on!!!!:mad:

If Belichick doesn't belong in the draft room, then there are maybe two guys in the NFL who do.

He'll probably try and trade the 2012 3rd for a 2013 2nd, like the past couple of years.

Here is your golden oppurtunity Underwood. You're the new young WR3, comeon kid!

Apparently Belichick needs to draft either a unquestionable talented WR up in round one or grab one in round seven and hope we get another David Givens

He is not very good at WRs between 2nd and 4th round,the only real good pick in those rounds was Deion Branch.

Or better yet,Forget the draft and open the wallet a little wider for a top FA who is not 357 years old.

Last edited:

I rather trade picks for proven wrs giving the way this team has drafted wrs.

If true, it shouldn''t be long before he's claimed--- and can be added to the list of what seems like 20 guys who we've cut this year that are on other teams.
The second sincerest form of flattery (behind imitation.)

Last edited:

If Belichick doesn't belong in the draft room, then there are maybe two guys in the NFL who do.

One thing I appreciate about BB: he hardly ever misses on his first round pick. A couple definite disappointments, but never any Vernon Gholston situations.

Have to admit, BB has been striking out with 2nd and 3rd round picks. He picks projects with high upside potential, then appears not to have the patience to allow the upside to develop.

Correction: BB has been striking out with 3rd round picks. He has a terrible track record there, with the biggest hits I recall being OK starters like Kaczur and Hobbs.

If you count Branch and Dowling, our depth chart has 6 second-round picks who are starters, one of whom is elite at his position, another of whom has been a Pro Bowler, another of whom was second-team All-Pro, and another of whom starred in two Super Bowls, winning MVP in one of them.

Apparently Belichick needs to draft either a unquestionable talented WR up in round one or grab one in round seven and hope we get another David Givens

He is not very good at WRs between 2nd and 4th round,the only real good pick in those rounds was Deion Branch.

Or better yet,Forget the draft and open the wallet a little wider for a top FA who is not 357 years old.
Name one player who is 357 years old, name one.

RapSheet Ian R. Rapoport
The Patriots spent a grand total of $1,368,717 on Taylor Price for fewer than two years. Three catches, 41 yards.
22 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Maybe this offense is unnecessarily difficult...

Agreed. I'm beginning to think Brady's offensive knowledge may be creating an O where many or most WR's can never hope to grasp it enough.

BB doesnt miss on first round picks?Huh?I am starting to worry about McCourty.Also lets not forget the safety from miami, i forgot his name.:rolleyes:

BB doesnt miss on first round picks?Huh?I am starting to worry about McCourty.Also lets not forget the safety from miami, i forgot his name.:rolleyes:

He was here for 4 years. Played well in 2009 for his probowl. After that, it went down hill. Still a decent pick.

This should of happened to Price months ago. Love that delusional Price vs. Tate thread where 95% of the board picked Price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back