PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Shuffle Roster, Release Price

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Taylor Price Waived

Because i am not most kool-aid drinkers who drink BB's juice.This defense has stunk for years now.Its due to poor lousy drafting and not getting that edge rusher!

Because i am not most kool-aid drinkers who drink BB's juice.This defense has stunk for years now.Its due to poor lousy drafting and not getting that edge rusher!

You've taken the anti-Koolaid too far. You've started drinking the vinegar.

Read what i said about McCourty.I said he has regressed.I am giving him the benefit of the doubt.Lets not forget Darius Butler.He played well and where is he now?I am just putting it out there.

The writing should have been on the wall. Almost two seasons and he still wasn't on the field. I got the feeling that he wasn't working really hard to get onto the field. It'll be interesting to see where he winds up and what he does.

FWIW, as someone else noted on another board, if Price clears waivers (who knows?), he'll be PS-eligible.

I agree, though, with those who say that after two failed WR projects, the time for them is past.

Last edited:

lol sure glad we canned Brandon Tate for this bum

FWIW, as someone else noted on another board, if Price clears waivers (who knows?), he'll be PS-eligible.

I agree, though, with those who say that after two failed WR projects, the time for them is past.

Mike Reiss says that he thinks that the Pats won't sign him to the PS if he clears waivers.

:nono:
Chad-Ochocinco-2011-Preseason-Patriots-new-england-patriots-24782028-594-430.jpg

Right along this line it's interesting and personally surprising to me that BB did NOT value Price's upside higher than seemingly useless aging Ocho or Carrie "flailing arms" Underwood who goes all Cobra-Kai on approaching balls. Think about that for a minute. One likely scenario is that Price was simply not putting in the effort to learn the system or was blatently incapable of grasping the obvious while in contrast aging #85 was working diligently at it and making more progress.

Years ago I was castigated for calling early Patsfan fav (how soon we forget or revise history) Chad Jackson a bust here early on but my simple indicator was my personal on site observations of Brady's obvious visible disgust with Chad's repeated miss-ques all during training camp. If you're on TFB's you-know-what list, you're history. It's obvious to me that somehow old #81 got onto that list early in 2010 too and got his butt traded outa town.

Last edited:

Tate hasn't done jack squat. 0 recp for both of them.

And he's a worse PR than Edelman. Keeping Tate would have meant using a roster spot (including on the 46 active) for just under 3 yards per KR.

He does have one or two kick off returns for TD's I think though, but as brought up previously, I think our ST blocking is more of an issue than our returners.

He does have one or two kick off returns for TD's I think though, but as brought up previously, I think our ST blocking is more of an issue than our returners.

Yup. Our ST blocking is crap. Tate scored only 1 td.

lets be honest though, What exactly has price Done at all for the Patriots since he was drafted where we are all sad and depressed that hes gone???

he really hasnt done anything and I think part of it is due to the mental aspect of this offense where it is hard for alot of WR's to grasp it...youve got a Vet receiver in Ochocinco who cant grasp it...price came from an option offense where he didnt have to know many routes...I think it takes a very instinctive player to excel in this offense...if Price couldnt get it after nearly 2 seasons hes not gonna get it.

you could see this coming when Underwood got 19snaps after being signed on thursday while Price sat(more snaps than Ocho too).

Oh well, house Party time!!:rocker:

Tiquan+Underwood+Tribeca+ESPN+Sports+Film+NPRK73FPQvTl.jpg

By the way, over the last decade, the league-wide hit rate on 3rd round WRs is around 30%.

Maybe we should have looked to a player like Jonathan Joseph who has an established resume, and therefore more of a sure thing? IMHO All these misses are keeping this team from being great. Some of the best moves Bill made was with established highly productive vets, Dillon, Moss, Washington, Harrison, Welker.

Oh yeah, and for all the complaining about his drafting, Belichick still got 5 starters in that draft, plus his punter, plus a starter as an UDFA.

Best TE in the league, baby.

If you're on TFB's you-know-what list, you're history.

Very true. And it's worth mentioning that Price has never caught a pass in a game from Brady. All of his receptions in week 17 last season were from Hoyer, and in the preaseason they were from Hoyer and Mallett.

At least he made contributions to the team last year, some were pretty key. Price had one ball thrown to him in 2 seasons. It's just funny all the fellating that went on for Taylor Price and acting like Tate was garbage but Tate's the one still on an NFL roster at least.

Because i am not most kool-aid drinkers who drink BB's juice. This defense has stunk for years now.Its due to poor lousy drafting and not getting that edge rusher!

That's reserved for Linda Holliday only :eek: :cool:

Last edited:

I had high hopes for him before the season, but I guess he is a bust. At least Belichick knows when to cut ties with his busts rather than hold onto them forever and hope they turn it around which they rarely if ever do. Belichick's success rate drafting WRs isn't great. Good thing there are some good free agents next year at the position. Hopefully, they grab one.

Well I guess he's had enough practice at it..

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft