PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

FA Safety Taylor Rapp to Visit Patriots

Not shabby if were interested in tackles for a DB.

00a52a34da80ceb5f04961c61c1e4a1c.png
Probably the hardest stat to put value on is tackles.
Is a DL making tackles because he is blowing up plays or because he is the weak link and they are running at him all day.
It’s even harder with a DB because if you are allowing a bunch of completed passes to make a high tackle total that’s a bad thing not a good thing.

Someone should track tackles on pass plays vs run plays.

Probably the hardest stat to put value on is tackles.
Is a DL making tackles because he is blowing up plays or because he is the weak link and they are running at him all day.
It’s even harder with a DB because if you are allowing a bunch of completed passes to make a high tackle total that’s a bad thing not a good thing.

Someone should track tackles on pass plays vs run plays.
Someone should look here..

Does he have a good REP? Can he RAP? Will he develop good RAPPort with teammates?

Both. He played a lot of two high, though.

Which honestly might be more of what the Pats move to post-McCourty. Having a guy with Devin's speed and range allows you to play more single-high man. Unless someone else steps up into that role, you probably want to halve the deep field your safeties have to cover more often.

I almost forgot players still took visits in this modern day.

Yep... Don't need him, don"t want him.

Chauncey the Gardener Johnson, on the other hand...

Yup. Rupp is to slow to play single high safety, Myles Bryant slow. Gardner-Johnson and Murphy-Bunting are still my hopes.

Neither Branch nor Love are made to play deep/single high safety. Branch won’t last until 47 and he would be an absolute waste of a first round pick, in my opinion.

As at least one other person has mentioned, we have no idea what Bill has planned in terms of coverage next year. Who is to say that he is going to try to re-create McCourty? It’s hilarious to me some here contend that we shouldn’t sign Rupp because he doesn’t have the same speed in skill set that McCourty has. You don’t think that Bill knows this?

Besides the above, I also like Julian Love (NYG) as a decent Plan B if CJGJ signs elsewhere... Turns only 25 on the 19th...
I thought I saw Love was going back to the Giants but I could be mis-remembering.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back