PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Shuffle Roster, Release Price

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Taylor Price Waived

I don't understand why people in this thread are advocating signing a big name FA WR or trading for a WR. You still have no idea how they'll fit into the scheme until you get them into it.

This should of happened to Price months ago. Love that delusional Price vs. Tate thread where 95% of the board picked Price.

Tate and Price have the same number of receptions this year.

Decent pick?The guy regressed!!!!!!You are seeing the same thing with McCourty.I hope he starts picking up his play!The bottom line is that BB's drafting has stunk!!

I don't understand why people in this thread are advocating signing a big name FA WR or trading for a WR. You still have no idea how they'll fit into the scheme until you get them into it.

That's true of every player at every position. Using your logic, they might as well just shut down all player acquisition.

BB doesnt miss on first round picks?Huh?I am starting to worry about McCourty.Also lets not forget the safety from miami, i forgot his name.:rolleyes:

How many games does the average first round pick start for the team that drafted him? I'm going to guess it's less than 40.

Hey Sciz maybe because its safe to sign a proven free agent wr then to draft one where this team has sucked lately at doing.Who can ever forget Chad Jackson, ughhhh

Decent pick?The guy regressed!!!!!!You are seeing the same thing with McCourty.I hope he starts picking up his play!The bottom line is that BB's drafting has stunk!!

I think if you were the GM of the Jets, you would've cut Revis after 2007.

Name one player who is 357 years old, name one.

Don't worry,If there is one we will find him and he will be in training camp by July 2012

CUT BILL now!!!!!!!!!!

I'm surprised too.

If there's one thing we know, when a new player enters the PT mix and BB thinks they'll help the team using whatever time frame and evaluation method BB feels is most important the goals at THAT time, it is of NO CONSEQUENCE how the players were acquired. We can't believe it. Is it really such a simple formula?

Code:
IF
 BB_EVALUATION(Old) < BB_EVALUATION(New) 
THEN
 REPLACE(Old, New) //ie Underwood for Price

It might be, of course we never know the full extent of the variables impacting BB_EVALUATION. Just this year alone, look at how many waived or released Patsfans enraged panic inducing head scratchers were later better understood once more info was released. To compound matters, we don't remember those being the good release decisions they truly were, instead selectively we focus on the moves that defy, upset and confuse us.

So maybe, after reviewing some of the releases this season, perhaps Price

A) is hurt more than we know
B) is evaluated perfectly, but Underwood is phreakin' fuuking awesome :rocker:
C) was caught mid solo loving TB's pilfered phone phots of a wet naked Gizelle.
D) etc, etc (I'm too lazy now, but you get the idea)

That's it, I've lost focus. Thank you and goodnight, I'm here all the week.

This has been an odd season, personnel-wise. If this ends up being an Underwood > Price situation, it's another example of a coachable scrub being favored over an established player and/or high draft pick.

The coaching this year has been excellent, though, so whatever works, I guess.

Dont cut him but he has lost his fastball when it comes to defense!!His defensive picks have been terrible!!Just leave him out of the draft room.

What a shame.

I'm tired of the 'he started behind because his classes went three weeks later than other rookies.' Come on, he missed a couple weeks and had a couple years.

I am really disappointed that he never really got a chance during games. He must have really stunk in practices. He sure looked good in pre-season. If the illegal motion penalty was the final straw, they would have cut Mankins three weeks ago.

Looking at half full glasses with rose-colored glasses, maybe this means Ocho Cinco has really turned the corner.

Hey Sciz maybe because its safe to sign a proven free agent wr then to draft one where this team has sucked lately at doing.Who can ever forget Chad Jackson, ughhhh

And what tells you that signing a "proven" free agent is safer than drafting a WR? Unless he's played in the exact same system, you're stuck hoping that he'll be able to understand the mental side of things. Easier said than done, apparently.

This has been an odd season, personnel-wise. If this ends up being an Underwood > Price situation, it's another example of a coachable scrub being favored over an established player and/or high draft pick.

The coaching this year has been excellent, though, so whatever works, I guess.

It has to be, doesn't it? If Underwood sucked more than Price, he would've been cut instead.

Dont cut him but he has lost his fastball when it comes to defense!!His defensive picks have been terrible!!Just leave him out of the draft room.

And who would you rather have drafting?

The amount of love Price got on this board for the last two years was absolutely pitiful. He never did jack ****, he was more worthless than Chad Jackson.

Most posters here are probably thinking you should be cut. Glad you have no say in anything this franchise does.

And are you honestly about to call McCourty a bust or a bad pick because of a sophomore slump? That term exists because of how common of a thing it has been for players having a great rookie season to fall back to earth in their second year before picking it up again.

Merriweather was also a decent pick, but he eventually went down hill, Mayo has been great, Dowling looked good before injury, McCourty was a stud in his rookie season, Wilfork is all-pro, Seymour was amazing, Spikes has been great for the most part, Chung can improve but is solid.

The bad picks are scrutinized so much that it takes away from the picks that have had good years here in NE. It's kind of embarrassing how the fan base can react sometimes.

Last edited:

Oh yeah, and for all the complaining about his drafting, Belichick still got 5 starters in that draft, plus his punter, plus a starter as an UDFA.

I wonder if BB ever gave local Umass product Victor Cruz a call during the UDFA signing period, but he declined and signed with the gmen because he saw Moss, Welker, and two young WRs in Tate and Price.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey