PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Shuffle Roster, Release Price

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Taylor Price Waived

Another Belichick draft failure. Oh well.

We might need to use one of our first rounders on a WR...

Is our offense really that difficult for what seems like 80% of the receivers we bring in to grasp?

Recently, who has really played in the offense?

Moss, Welker, and Branch all succeeded.

Gaffney and Stallworth were contributors in 2007 but gone shortly after, opinions on them? Gaffney was here in 06 and 08 as well but never did a whole lot

I think very highly of what Gaffney did here. He had an outstanding 06 playoff run and was very good during the regular seasons for 07 and 08. He was a serviceable #3 or #4 WR. We could use him a ton right now....

Stallworth just didn't get on the same wavelength with Brady. Tons of talent. Just not compatible.

re: Taylor Price getting cut. Who knows. Maybe the kid didn't work hard enough or didn't have the ability to relate the concepts of the offense out on the field (my belief). I would also assume that he just didn't know how to read NFL defenses.

Last edited:

Have to admit, BB has been striking out with 2nd and 3rd round picks. He picks projects with high upside potential, then appears not to have the patience to allow the upside to develop.

By the way, over the last decade, the league-wide hit rate on 3rd round WRs is around 30%.

We might need to use one of our first rounders on a WR...

I'd rather a 1st round talent OLB and Safety over a WR, personally. Trade a 2nd rounder to a team with a big bodied WR. Our best WR's recently have all been obtained via trade, not the draft. Find someone who has been killing us on another team and steal him like we did with WW. We don't need a superstar receiver in the type of offense we play.

I still wonder about how about complicated this offense is.A veteran like Ochostinko hasnt picked it up.

By the way, over the last decade, the league-wide hit rate on 3rd round WRs is around 30%.

Obvious solution: Draft 3 WRs in the 3rd round, can't lose!

It is the Binky Curse. As soon as some player becomes a binky on this forum ... he is gone.

Last year and this summer it was the Leigh Bodden binky...."We are all set with Bodden and McCourty at CB..."

And yes as I have said many times ...BB should not be drafting WRs. Get them in FA but he cannot be trusted to draft WRs. This year we already lost Bethel Tate and now the latest binky.

I have to wonder if these guys are being cut because off attitude issues; maybe BB is too intolerant of a complaint here and there...

Last edited:

I'm surprised but not shocked. There was a quote a week or two that hinted Price was not getting playing time for reasons other than his hamstring. When Underwood got on the field ahead of Price that was certainly a red flag. Still, I am somewhat surprised Price didn't make it through to the end of the season and get one last shot next training camp. The number of injuries surely played a part in the decision; there was a greater need to use that roster spot for another player at another position that was thin due to injuries.

I doubt it will happen, but does anybody think there is any chance that the Pats re-sign him to the Practice Squad?

Have to admit, BB has been striking out with 2nd and 3rd round picks. He picks projects with high upside potential, then appears not to have the patience to allow the upside to develop.

This post is so true on so many levels. I wish everyone would look at this and give it some thought.

I'm surprised but not shocked. There was a quote a week or two that hinted Price was not getting playing time for reasons other than his hamstring. When Underwood got on the field ahead of Price that was certainly a red flag. Still, I am somewhat surprised Price didn't make it through to the end of the season and get one last shot next training camp. The number of injuries surely played a part in the decision; there was a greater need to use that roster spot for another player at another position that was thin due to injuries.

I doubt it will happen, but does anybody think there is any chance that the Pats re-sign him to the Practice Squad?

I hope so. But I'm certain some team will claim him.

Didn't see this coming, but obviously just didn't have it!

Nevermind, win some, you lose some!

At least the mistake has been admitted, and not hidden for a few more seasons!

This must mean Moss is coming back :rolleyes:

I bet the Jets claim him.

Just picked him up in my dynasty league.

Obvious solution: Draft 3 WRs in the 3rd round, can't lose!

The Patriots are 0/2 over the last decade, so the next wide receiver picked in the 3rd round will be the bomb!!! :rocker:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back