PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Favre on plane to Minnesota, expected to sign $12M, one-year contract

Status
Not open for further replies.
In 2007, which is just the year before last, Favre had a 22/15 TD/INT ratio. Last year, Favre had the Jets at 8-3 before he got hurt.

I cede the floor to Brett Favre's greatest foot washer - - Peter King in the column noted by Mo a couple of posts ago.

That's just a complete beatdown.

Childress is now a walking joke.

Last edited:
That's the problem, he can't and he knows it. When he runs out of gas in week 6 or 8 or 10, then what does Chilly do? Ask Sage and Tavaris to step up??

He took Green Bay to 13-3 the year before last.

Re: OT: Reports: Favre on Vikings plane headed for Minnesota, rumored to join team to

Does this really suprise anybody?

Can't wait for Minny @ GB that game better be flexed if it's not already on primetime.
They play in Week 8 at 1pm ET. NBC doesn't have a game scheduled that night (yet, anyway). Either way, I thought flex scheduling began in Week 11? Though I wouldn't be surprised if this is an exception, despite how pissed Fox will be.

Side note: the Pats bye is that same week, so we won't miss the circus in Green Bay.

Re: OT: Reports: Favre on Vikings plane headed for Minnesota, rumored to join team to

I scooped you, pats1. ;)

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...vre-saga-isnt-over-quite-yet.html#post1463772

February 14: Q: "Can you say, without absolutely any equivocation, that you are not going to play another football game?"

Favre: "Yes".

Well, he lies again. What's so wrong with saying, "I'm 40 years old and simply do not feel like going through another training camp"? What's so wrong with that? Why, oh WHY, does he feel the need to constantly retire, then unretire, then RETIRE? What a media/attention whore he is.

LOL, Cris Carter is tearing him up on SportsCenter.

Technically, he didn't lie. He didn't go through another training camp. He selfishly waited until training camp is over so he can start the season running his favorite play - "run that play again". At his age and a new team he needed to be in as early as possible, but in true Farve fashion he did what was best for Favre rather than his team. Besides Childress needed time to clear out his office to make it Favre's private dressing room.

In 2007, which is just the year before last, Favre had a 22/15 TD/INT ratio. Last year, Favre had the Jets at 8-3 before he got hurt.

Except the same second half decline happens every year with him. We've been over this... unless you just think hes unlucky and gets hurt in week 10 every year.

Green Bay's defense and playing in an awful division took them to 13-3 the year before last.

I love how when they go 13-3, Favre "took them there", but when they go 8-8, its not his fault.

Green Bay's defense and playing in an awful division took them to 13-3 the year before last.

That must be why they were 13-3 again last year without Favre, right?

Oh, wait, now toss out the "Rodgers had the same type of numbers" argument which fails to take into consideration the very thing that we point out about Brady all the time: it's about more than just the numbers.

You mean two years BEFORE he turned 40???

You mean BEFORE he tore up his shoulder and biceps last year????

Sounds like a real steal for that wiley Brad Childress to give him $12 million for this year, without a training camp.

I used to breed showhorses and just a couple of years ago I would chase those suckers around the ring and muck stalls and sometimes just 'cause I didn't have to do it but enjoyed it I'd cover for the folks I boarded them with and feed and water 40+ horses on the weekend evenings.

Now I can't run to save my life. I can't be an involved and engaged owner any more. Which is one of the reasons I no longer have horses...:ugh:

I know Brett loves football. But to prove that he needs to actively let it go so someone else might get a fair shot at a career here or there...

God, I hope that $12 mill is guaranteed. Couldn't happen to a nicer HC (unless it was Ryan or Mangini).

You mean two years BEFORE he turned 40???

You mean BEFORE he tore up his shoulder and biceps last year????

Sounds like a real steal for that wiley Brad Childress to give him $12 million for this year, without a training camp.

Brady used to be great. That was BEFORE he turned 32 and BEFORE the tore his ACL.

Maybe the Patriots should just cut him now.

Technically, he didn't lie. He didn't go through another training camp. He selfishly waited until training camp is over so he can start the season running his favorite play - "run that play again". At his age and a new team he needed to be in as early as possible, but in true Farve fashion he did what was best for Favre rather than his team. Besides Childress needed time to clear out his office to make it Favre's private dressing room.

LOL "run that play again" or as Mangini called it "WTF was that" or "WTH was he thinking"...:rofl:

Brady used to be great. That was BEFORE he turned 32 and BEFORE the tore his ACL.

Do you really think a 32 year old athlete and a 40 year old athlete heal at the same rate?

If all the QB in Minn. has to do is be a "caretaker", then get a QB who can "take care of the football".

I believe that we can both agree that Brett Favre is going to be perceived as much more of a threat than either Tarvaris Jackson or Rosenfels. Based on that, and I ask this again: Who is the better QB option for the Vikings that is available on the market right now? You'd probably be hard pressed to find an answer.

And yes, I don't disagree that Favre will turn the ball over. It's Favre, it's going to happen. But Minnesota's defense makes it so that when Favre does turn the ball over, it isn't going to be as disasterous as it was in New York. All Favre has to do is hand it off to Peterson. When defenses stack the box to stop him, he has to throw it. His job will be the same as Jackson's and Rosenfel's job was, only he's a much more viable threat when he throws it than either of those two.

That must be why they were 13-3 again last year without Favre, right?

Oh, wait, now toss out the "Rodgers had the same type of numbers" argument which fails to take into consideration the very thing that we point out about Brady all the time: it's about more than just the numbers.

So, why were the Jets 8-8 last year? Why were the Packers 8-8 in 2006? Were those not Brett's fault?

Had he pulled this retire/unretire/retire/unretire...crap in conjunction with the ACL they probably would have. That's the difference between Brady and Favre, not to mention Chilly and BB...

Favre had 18 TDs and 12 INTs when he got hurt. Let's not forget Kris Jenkins was a monster last year the first 11 games and he helped the defense be very dominant including six turnovers against the Cards that set up a short field all day for Favre to get 6 TDs. Look at some of Favre's numbers in some of the wins to that 8-3 record:

Cincy 189 yards, 1 TDs, 2 INTs, 1 fumble (won 26-14)
St Louis 167 yards, 1 TD, 0 INTs, 1 fumble (won 47-3 and T Jones had 149 yards and 3 TDs)

You put too much emphasis on Favre and not enough on the entire team. Their defense also fell apart down the stretch.

Personally, I feel they won several games early despite poor or average play by Favre. Teams win games, not QBs. Even Brady and Manning can't affect a team like you suggest. I argue with another QB the Jets could have easily had anywhere between 7-9 wins over that same 11 game stretch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft