PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Favre on plane to Minnesota, expected to sign $12M, one-year contract

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: OT: Reports: Favre on Vikings plane headed for Minnesota, rumored to join team to

On that cover, he really said "In Minnesota, I FINALLY feel like I'm at home"????

Wow, Packers fans are going to go nuts when they play against each other.

This is the best thing that could have happened for Aaron Rodgers, he's going to destroy the Vikings and outplay Favre, and make the Packers his team finally.

Not so fast.....:)

I'll admit I was wrong about him so far this year.
Last year at this time we were all wrong about him, but by the end of the year we were all right about him. Let the string play out.

Last year at this time we were all wrong about him, but by the end of the year we were all right about him. Let the string play out.

The Vikings are not the Jets.. lets not insult this team.

Favre could have a Tarkenton-like season in Minny.....not saying he is going to continue this torrid pace but if it stays as is...

Could be a reason why Fran didn't want Brett to take over as QB since no one has come close to Fran's accomplishments in the Twin Cities

Last edited:

That's why I said so far. I will give him credit for what he has done thus far. Last year, there were several games that the Jets won despite really bad play by Favre. You can't say that this year.

The Vikings are not the Jets.. lets not insult this team.

How do we know that? The Jets were 8-3 with a tougher schedule and just coming off wins against us and the 10-0 Titans at one point. Anybody who says they saw the downfall coming just because they were the Jets is lying.

Minnesota has beaten nobody this year

Oh yeah. I remember this thread. I'll wait until the season is over to serve some crow though. ;)

How do we know that? The Jets were 8-3 with a tougher schedule and just coming off wins against us and the 10-0 Titans at one point. Anybody who says they saw the downfall coming just because they were the Jets is lying.

Minnesota has beaten nobody this year

So the Packers TWICE and the Ravens and the 49ers who are decent are nobody?,They came within a tipped pass of beating Pittsburgh at home..puhlease

Scary thing is I think they STILL have 2 games against the Lions coming up....It does not get any easier than this

Last edited:
Let's not get this twisted. Let's remember that the Vikings' schedule was not the original argument going into this one. The original debate was whether or not Favre could improve the Vikings and whether or not he would hurt them by causing turnovers. So far, the Vikings have one of the best schedules in the league, are at the top of their division, have beaten the Packers twice (in a covincing fashion, I might add), and have a quarterback who has the lowest INT count in the league. In short, Favre has improved the Vikings by leaps and bounds.

As a matter of fact, the only way that Favre has hurt the Vikings so far this year is by showing everyone in the Vikings organization that Sidney Rice and Vicente Shiancoe are better football players than originally thought and might ask for more money either this year or the next. They only get that recognition with Favre throwing them the football.

But I'm not going to celebrate being right on this one quite yet. The Vikings still have the rest of the year to go and anything can happen. However, if they do go the stretch and reach the Super Bowl (only to lose to the Pats), I'm going to have to get together with Deus and figure out if we want to add any spices to the crow or just leave it the way it is.

So the Packers TWICE and the Ravens and the 49ers who are decent are nobody?,They came within a tipped pass of beating Pittsburgh at home..puhlease

I'll give you the Ravens I honestly forgot that one. The 49ers are mediocre at best and they needed a miracle play to beat them.

None of their wins stack up to the Jets beating us and the Titans on the road, maybe even the Fins at home.

The Packers blow

Favre is a shoo-in for CPOY if it holds up and those INTs he has a trademark for are nowhere to be found...at least of you are a GB Packers defender :)

2 games against rival GB with 7 TDs 0 INTs, and as a 40 year old QB with a sore throwing arm?? :eek:,it does not get better than that......
Tom Brady says hello

Why not skip the rest of the regular season for the NFC and just put the Saints and Vikings in the NFCCG? :)
Wow, a little bit over the top, no? Remember the two teams from last year's NFCCG? Everybody assumed Arizona would be one done, and the Eagles made it in only because both Tampa Bay and Dallas collapsed down the stretch; it didn't look like there was any chance for them to even make the playoffs until the last week of the season. Three out of four teams that earned a first round bye last year didn't even make it to the championship game.

Earlier this year some people were talking about a Jets-Giants Super Bowl because they thought they were the two best teams in the league after week three; five weeks later the only talk about them is whether or not either one will make the playoffs as a wild card. If things can change that much in five weeks, just think how much they can change in nine weeks.

There's a whole lot of football left to be played, it is way too early to presume these two will be playing in the conference championship.

Total props to Favre for what he has done so far this year as well, of course, as throughout what is already a HOF career.

I think I'll be consistent and say again what I said at the beginning of the season...that the real test of this most recent comeback will be in December, when we'll get an idea of how well his 40 year old frame holds up to a full year of NFL hits and playing...

but, whatever happens in December, what he has done so far is amazing and deserving of the respect and admiration of any fan.

Last edited:
I've always liked Brett Favre and he is having a great season and I'm delighted for the guy after all the abuse he got from Jets fans last year when things went awry at the end of the season.

But hold on there just a minute, are you guys telling me that if a guy plays a full season and officially retires only to return to training camp the next season for another team that he qualifies for Comeback Player of the Year?

Sounds a bit ridic to me.

Bump. The season is over. Let's see...

1. Favre improved the Vikings.
2. Favre had weapons to throw to.
3. Favre started and finished the season strong (33 TD to 7 INT's).
4. Favre helped put them in place for the second seed in the NFC.
5. Favre has them in a position to win a Super Bowl.

Now, if Favre can stop audibling the calls at the LOS and learn to lean on Adrian Peterson as much as he did in the beginning of the season, I truly think the Vikings can get to the Super Bowl. Before this season started, the argument was whether or not he would improve the Vikings, and whether or not he would be an interception machine that would fave heavily down the stretch. Statisically, this was Favre's strongest season in his career. Props to him as he was a sure fire MVP candidate this season. Let's see what they can do in the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft