PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Pats/Panthers Post Game Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well at least Sammy Morris has show some life the last few weeks.. , Moss has been not conncected with Brady the last few weeks.. .. Sorry If I offend the Moss backers...

:confused:

Does last weeks 6o yard TD not count? Or the TD in the Jets game? Or the countless big plays in the Colts game?

Maybe eventually he is. I think today he was pressing. I also think he's over rated here. That 4th and 1 again where he doesn't stay square and he tries to shoulder his way into a crack isn't cutting it. Notice on the final 4th and 1 the ballcarrier decided to just hurdle himself far enough. That's determination.

I agree with the over rated comment. But most people on this site are quick to jump on Moss (or Maroney, for that matter) but Sammy Morris always gets a pass.

And that FB handoff on 4th down needs to be thrown out of the playbook.

Brace

Seriously, whats going on there

Wilfork goes out the game and we have a guy off the PS come in to play NT instead of a high second rounc pick? And also getting beat out by Pryor?

Is something badly wrong as all the other rookies are seeing the field?

Too early to call bust?

:confused:

Does last weeks 6o yard TD not count? Or the TD in the Jets game? Or the countless big plays in the Colts game?

But they need to get him involved in the offense... the colts game with standing, he has not been involved in the last month, yeah he did catch the pass last week, but come on... 3 catches in 2 weeks is not enough...

Re: Brace

Can we make 2 post game threads? One for everyone to complain in and one for everyone to say good things in?

EDIT: this was about the Brace comment

Last edited:
Rob0729 said:
Faulk easily did better than Maroney, well he came up big when we needed him to.

Easily?!? I don't know about that. He had a great game, but Maroney had well over 100 all purpose yards.

Speaking of all purpose yards, I was THRILLED
to see the team call an honest to god designed pass play for maroney. And it only netted about 12 yards so well probably never see it again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I honestly felt terrible, but I have to say I wasn't all that disappointed when Kaczur got injured. I guess that makes me a bad person/fan. But man, he was terrible again today, against some no-name DE.

Morris had a terrible game. All the people talking about how Morris is/was better than Maroney look a little foolish.

The left side of the offensive line seemed to play pretty decent. Connolly had a nice block on Faulk's rushing TD. They really need to shelve that lame-ass FB draw; I think Koppen got blown three yards backward on that play.

Oh, and both Green and Burgess had sacks today. Burgess looked pretty good to me (though, granted, it was at the end of the game in what was basically garbage time).

Last edited:
The Moss over reaction on this site is asinine. Did he have a bad game? Of course. He certainly wasn't the only one. Now you are talking about this being his last game. Idiotic.

The worst part of being a Boston/NE fan is the turncoat fans.

What he said. It was a miserable game for the guy. It happens. Hopefully, this week is all about bringing him back into the fold.

I honestly felt terrible, but I have to say I wasn't all that disappointed when Kaczur got injured. I guess that makes me a bad person/fan. But man, he was terrible again today, against some no-name DE.

Morris had a terrible game. All the people talking about how Morris is/was better than Maroney look a little foolish.

The left side of the offensive line seemed to play pretty decent. Connolly had a nice block on Faulk's rushing TD. They really need to shelve that lame-ass FB draw; I think Koppen got blown three yards backward on that play.

Oh, and both Green and Burgess had sacks today. Burgess looked pretty good to me (though, granted, it was at the end of the game in what was basically garbage time).

Agreed on Kaczur. I hate to see players get injured but I was rather glad he was replaced with Seabass. But wasn't Julius Peppers on Kaczur's side entire game? Sorry if that was sarcasm but Peppers hardly qualify as no name DE....

Agreed on Kaczur. I hate to see players get injured but I was rather glad he was replaced with Seabass. But wasn't Julius Peppers on Kaczur's side entire game? Sorry if that was sarcasm but Peppers hardly qualify as no name DE....

I mostly saw Peppers on Light. I noticed Kaczur getting beat mostly by Charles Johnson. I saw Peppers move over to LE once Vollmer came into the game.

Re: Brace

Seriously, whats going on there

Wilfork goes out the game and we have a guy off the PS come in to play NT instead of a high second rounc pick? And also getting beat out by Pryor?

Is something badly wrong as all the other rookies are seeing the field?

Too early to call bust?

Way too early. Meriweather was a bust too after his first season.

And what an ugly win. It was nice to see this team close it out for once though (with a huge assist from that roughing the kicker penalty), and actually play well in the second half.

I think it was Charles Johnson. You know, the guy with 18 tackles and 3 sacks on the year.

I don't think we should over look James Sanders impact today. Safety James Sanders started for the first time since Week 1 – replacing Brandon McGowan – and finished tied for the team high with seven tackles. He had one big hit on Steve Smith as well. “It felt great to be able to go back out there and do what I love to do – just play ball,” he said. “It’s a step in the right direction.”

I don't think we should over look James Sanders impact today. Safety James Sanders started for the first time since Week 1 – replacing Brandon McGowan – and finished tied for the team high with seven tackles. He had one big hit on Steve Smith as well. “It felt great to be able to go back out there and do what I love to do – just play ball,” he said. “It’s a step in the right direction.”

And he dropped a gift pick on the 1st quarter
He is a 3 million dollar a year stiff

Last edited:
Patriots seem to be just going through the motions out there. The lack of energy from this team is appalling..........especially this late in the season while leading/fighting for the division. I cant recall a patriots team since the early nineties that seemed to just not care.

This is just a stupid post.

Gee Jack
I guess I missed all of the game breaking plays that JD has made in his entire PATS career.
The King of bad angles and missed tackles
This extention is one of BB's most egregious signings
He IS A STIFF

Gee Jack
I guess I missed all of the game breaking plays that JD has made in his entire PATS career.
The King of bad angles and missed tackles
This extention is one of BB's most egregious signings
He IS A STIFF

Jack Daniels plays on Defense? NO WONDER we get sloppy as the game goes on... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes