Status
Not open for further replies.
a needed win

great game from Welker, Watson and Gostkowski

also Burgess was good today

Moss...sigh...

8-5 ! we are still alive !

Wes Welker <3 :):youtheman:

Not enough can be said for this guy, he is amazing. He brought some much needed passion today. Also good to see the team come out of the half and dominate the way they did in the 3rd quarter.

The first half was simply ugly football by the offense. There's no denying that at all. The defense today really stepped up and helped keep the team in the game. Welker however to me is who made the biggest difference for the offense when it got down to it. Its not the prettiest or greatest win by our Pats but its for right now its a step in the right direction. If there's to be any hope in the post season this is where the beginning towards a healthy post season begins.

"Clear eyes. Full hearts. Can't lose."

I'd be absolutely shocked if a healthy Moss was not the starter for the Patriots for every game this season.

Yeah, I agree. At worst, Moss is a great decoy. He might not have great offensive production again this year, but he stops teams for triple teaming Welker.

An ugly game, but some good things came out of it:

1. We won. After 2 straight losses, I'll take it.

2. We ran the ball more than we passed, and ran effectively. 185 yards rushing. All 3 backs ran effectively.

3. Brady wasn't sacked, and survived intact.

4. We played better in the second half than in the first.

It's a start. Not a pretty start, but a start.

I'd be absolutely shocked if a healthy Moss was not the starter for the Patriots for every game this season.

Bad showing by Moss, but I'm glad. Brady is looking around and the run game mattered. Start showing that and get Randy a cup of coffee and the offense might start to wake up.

Something I just noticed.

The best the #6 seed in the AFC can be this year is 10-6.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

The Moss over reaction on this site is asinine. Did he have a bad game? Of course. He certainly wasn't the only one. Now you are talking about this being his last game. Idiotic.

The worst part of being a Boston/NE fan is the turncoat fans.

Moss still looks like he's in pain, to me. If I had to guess I would say his back is still bothering him.

And no, I did NOT stay at a Holiday Inn last night.

I'm disappointed that my binky Ninky got no tackles.:(

At least we were able to get a pass rush today. Not sure how much of that had to do with our defense and how much of it had to do with an inexperienced back-up quarterback holding onto the ball for too long. But eh, it is what it is. At least we were able to get into the backfield. Meriweather also looks like he's back to early season form, if only for the day.

Offense went Mr. Hyde today. Awful in the first half, pretty good in the second half. Welker was outstanding, as usual, and it was good to see Watson actually involved in the game. Moss checked out mentally today. The alligator armed slant was the baddest of the bad. Jesus. The rest? Not so good. Would like to see Edelman and Stanback involved more in the offense more. Morris looked like he wasn't even interested in catching passes today. Maroney looked good once again today. If we had a bruiser fullback and he stayed injury-free, he would be a 1,000 yard rusher.

All in all, we won and that's good. But we didn't look good in doing it. If the Panthers had a capable quarterback, we would have lost. There is no excuse for Matt Moore and his ability to go down the field twice on this defense for huge gains. But we won, so I'll take it.

2 more wins and it is a STREAK!!!!

we must learn how to win on the road again.

Again..... Welker FTW (MVP) of the P-A-T-S

:youtheman::youtheman::youtheman:

Re: Burghess got 3 tackles and a sack.

We got an ugly win in a low scoring game stopping them on third downs and in the RZ.

I am pleased with the win needs to improve though we ran the ball more than we passed.

I blame Moss' performance on his beard... that thing really needs to go.

Last edited:
Bad showing by Moss, but I'm glad. Brady is looking around and the run game mattered. Start showing that and get Randy a cup of coffee and the offense might start to wake up.

I agree. Moss sucking is a blessing in disguise. A young signal caller like O'Brien can get overreliant on Moss. If O'Brien is forced to have Brady go elsewhere, he gets more creative with his play calling.

Not enough can be said for this guy, he is amazing. He brought some much needed passion today. Also good to see the team come out of the half and dominate the way they did in the 3rd quarter.

agreed....

going back to '07..... we gave him the ball way to late.:(

He is a machine.

Re: Wes Welker... Brought us back from Doom

Our momentum shifted when Wes got pancaked and then came back all pumped up, making catch after catch.

If that wasn't inspirational and a middle finger to mediocrity, nothing is. After that our team played with energy and passion for the first time in a while.

Well put. When you still have guys like Welker, Faulk, and Brady mediocrity simply isn't acceptable. And I don't think it's overstating it to say Welker has saved our season if we make the playoffs. Something's clearly wrong with Moss, as well as in the lockerroom.

what is up with Maroney???? He is stringing together some consistent HARD RUNS...:) This is what 4 games in a row now where he has looked good? He looks Aggressive and is running with purpose. It is good to see.:)

I'm disappointed that my binky Ninky got no tackles.:(

He got a pretty decent push into the backfield when he was rushing the passer, though. If he learns better technique, he could turn into an effective pass rusher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes