PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Pats/Panthers Post Game Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do we feel about a Patriots victory?

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

yeah!

Re: How do we feel about a Patriots victory?

It feels just slightly hollow. That said, I think these Pats could have 20-10 game with just about any team in the league.

I think next week is going to be tougher than we want to believe.

Re: How do we feel about a Patriots victory?

Bigggggg Deeeeeallll

Look this was a game we should have won, home against a team we should beat, and we almost let them hang around again..

We wont be able to do that the next 3 weeks...

Buffalo- until we win a game on the road, its not a given...

Jax- will have 10 days to prepare for this game...

Houston- tourched Seattle , could you imangine what he does to our secondary...

Miami is playing well, tenn, houston and pitt on the schedule... they could run the table...

Jets, - not sure...

would feel ok if we would have put away Miami last week...

Good to see this team win when they aren't at their best. I think the rest of the season we will see a lot more running and less Brady. This is NOT the 2007 Patriots offense. More like 2003.

And thank God for Welker!

Exactly. Of course if we compare this team to 2007 they dont match up, and we can get unhappy that we didn't dominate like mid-07. But a win is a win, and in some ways a grind it out win, even against a not-so-good Carolina team, is good preparation for the future --- because your going to have to grind it out sometimes. We had many wins like this in 01, 03, and 04.

1) It was great to see Watson out catching some balls, although the right side of the line still is struggling, I think Watson is that X-Factor in the passing game that we so desperately need. The better teams have shown that they can effectively cover Moss and Welker along with getting pressure. If we can protect long enough to get Watson out there, it opens up the passing game.

2) Is it just me or do we NEVER get anything when we hand it off the "fullback" in short yardage situations? It also seems we do it far too often in those situations (see: predictability). Glad to see them pound it with Maroney at the end of the game on 3rd AND 4th.

3) Moss must be hurting and that high leap for the ball early in the game over the middle just may have tweaked something in his back. Twice it looked like Moss was a little depressed, maybe due to his pain hindering him and Brady was trying to console him. At least that's what it looked like from my couch.

Bottom line is a win is a win and we need to keep it up!

Brady was pretty clear in his presser it's not physical, it's emotional. He's frustrated and he's allowing himself to get depressed. Brady was advising him today to stay positive and work HARDER and don't compound mistakes because you're frustrated and depresses... It was like a Psych 101 primer... Bill didn't give him any cover in his comments either. He was asked if they are afraid of Moss disengaging and he said they can't afford to have anyone do that but much like Welker said last week guys got to figure out things for themselves.

I will say the defense played alot better , except for a few plays, but we cant afford to lose warren and wilfork..

I didn't know Warren got injured too. Hopefully Wilfork will be ok, we'll need him later down the stretch when we play Jax

No I really mean he is gone, not into the game, false start, droped the ball, fumble...

Well, Sammy Morris also dropped a few passes thrown his way, and he also fumbled. Is he also gone?

1. I really like how faulk in particular ran today. He has been clutch and was quietly doing this last season(6.1ypc) as well. Things can only get better when Taylor comes back.

2. Great decision to sit Adalius. He wasn't getting to the qb all season and Woods showed how much better he is at setting the edge than AT. Woods play was huge this game with 2 of the better runners in the league as the primary focus. Ninkovich was a pleasant surprise today. He showed great burst in the preseason but looked a little weak but he was very disruptive today in his limited reps. If this is what we get when we sit Thomas, it needs to be done more often or let him play as a coverage lb for Guyton when he needs a break.

3. I have to give props to James Sanders. I still feel that he lacks range but he is a safety valve and the secondary doesn't seem as confused with him in the lineup. With Sanders as the starter it will allow mcgowan to go back to a smaller role that allowed him to shine in the beginning of the season. Chung is in the same boat as McGowan.

4. Moss hasn't played this bad since that pittsburg game last year. Brady obviously doesnt like our recievers. He almost never looks at edelman, and Stanback is a ghost. Brady threw it in Tates direction a few times in his short time this season but after weeks of playing he still doesn't even look at Stanback.

Well at least Sammy Morris has show some life the last few weeks.. , Moss has been not conncected with Brady the last few weeks.. .. Sorry If I offend the Moss backers...

Brady was pretty clear in his presser it's not physical, it's emotional. He's frustrated and he's allowing himself to get depressed. Brady was advising him today to stay positive and work HARDER and don't compound mistakes because you're frustrated and depresses... It was like a Psych 101 primer... Bill didn't give him any cover in his comments either. He was asked if they are afraid of Moss disengaging and he said they can't afford to have anyone do that but much like Welker said last week guys got to figure out things for themselves.

I won't pretend to have seen the presser, but I'm assuming you are reading into Brady's statements. I think comments get read into WAY too much around here at times. I agree that it is likely that something (which COULD be injury) has frustrated him to the point of letting it effect the mental aspect of his game as well. Whatever the case, this team does not have the makings of a championship team. Close games against bad teams, getting blown out by a great team etc... Anything can happen once in the playoffs and this team surely has talent, but I just don't think it will all come together in time for the playoffs. If we are going to do anything in the playoffs we surely need everyone 100% focused, but Moss isn't the only one that needs to look inside and get back to playing determined football.

Was it just me or the commentators absolutely sucked today? And what's Tony Siragusa's actual role besides being a land based blimp? I had to mute pretty much entire time.

Well at least Sammy Morris has show some life the last few weeks.. , Moss has been not conncected with Brady the last few weeks.. .. Sorry If I offend the Moss backers...

Morris has given up on plays too today he turned around a few times to see where LoMo was rather than block a guy in front of him really P***ed me off to see that.

McGowan seems to have worn down over the course of the season. He's not playing with anywhere near the same oomph as the first 6 games, when he was an impact player.

Bill said there were blown coverages again today. That's on Merriweather. Springs made an off the podium appearance with Steve and Zo and he said that communication in the secondary remains an issue and all they can do is work harder at it and get everyone on track. Zo was vocal earlier this week about Springs being part of the problem along with AD, maybe he's gonna put on his big boy pants and contribute down the stretch.

Was it just me or the commentators absolutely sucked today? And what's Tony Siragusa's actual role besides being a land based blimp? I had to mute pretty much entire time.

I really don't know why they gave him a job as a commentator

Well, Sammy Morris also dropped a few passes thrown his way, and he also fumbled. Is he also gone?

Maybe eventually he is. I think today he was pressing. I also think he's over rated here. That 4th and 1 again where he doesn't stay square and he tries to shoulder his way into a crack isn't cutting it. Notice on the final 4th and 1 the ballcarrier decided to just hurdle himself far enough. That's determination.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes