PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Player Signing Pats add QB Matt Corral

Last edited:
Have they cut Zappe?

Do the surprised if he gets activated for the Philadelphia game.
O I know he will be Corral won’t be close to ready to play in our systems week 1.
Unless they have special packages designed and simplify some terminology.
I don’t expect him to push for spot 2 or even sniff 1 til the bye week.

If they had “moved on from Zappe“ then he wouldn’t be on the practice squad.
Cutting Zappe is a pretty big signal from the coaching staff, likely BoB that he doesn’t think Zappe has any potential in his offense. They didn’t have to cut him. It’s a confidence blow and signing Corral is basically saying we are looking for something better than you.

He’ll likely get activated if Corral is useless but it shows that Zappe is barely playable in BoB’s eyes.

Cutting Zappe is a pretty big signal from the coaching staff, likely BoB that he doesn’t think Zappe has any potential in his offense. They didn’t have to cut him. It’s a confidence blow and signing Corral is basically saying we are looking for something better than you.

He’ll likely get activated if Corral is useless but it shows that Zappe is barely playable in BoB’s eyes.
Think we are drafting a QB in the first 3 rounds again if Corral doesn’t develop.
I wish Bob had a chance to work with Stiddy.

Had all year to bench Cam and try out Stidham and they declined to do so. It was kinda pathetic.
They saw stid all the time in practice.

Think we are drafting a QB in the first 3 rounds again if Corral doesn’t develop.
I wish Bob had a chance to work with Stiddy.
Josh said no to Stid twice as far as being a starter. Not sure if BOB would have a different answer.

No, it was a calculated roster manipulation and perhaps to light a fire under Zappe. It’s pretty simple, if they moved on he wouldn’t be on the practice squad.

If they don’t believe in a player, they cut them and don’t bring them back.

Josh said no to Stid twice as far as being a starter. Not sure if BOB would have a different answer.
Yes very valid and sobering point which throws water on the kid.
However Payton gave him a very attractive deal so we will have to see if Payton thinks differently and can get more out of him.

Reactions: sb1
I'd say there's a 99% chance Zappe is elevated and active as the backup to Mac in game 1, with Corral as the emergency guy. I don't think they want to go into that game with all the questions on OL against that pass rush with a backup who doesn't yet know the system.

No, it was a calculated roster manipulation and perhaps to light a fire under Zappe. It’s pretty simple, if they moved on he wouldn’t be on the practice squad.

If they don’t believe in a player, they cut them and don’t bring them back.
I disagree. I don't think that Corral is yet ready to depend on as our #2 QB. However, I do think that Belichick believes that he is our #2 in a couple of weeks.

Yes, obviously, Belichick could find that Corral is not worth keeping, and then cut him.

Corral was a top pick in the draft. He was worth a 3rd and 4th pick. We ended up with Zappe (a significant downgrade), Mapu, AND now we have Corral back!!

Maybe Belichick is playing chess again.

We're OK with Corral

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3