PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tankathon

Despicable offense. Id go for the surest thing. Marvin!!!

Ok, so getting serious, is it definitely going to be one of Williams, Maye, Harrison Jr or Daniels?
Sounds like it. Whoever it is will partly be determined by who’s shopping for the groceries.

Ok, so getting serious, is it definitely going to be one of Williams, Maye, Harrison Jr or Daniels?
Yes. Unless they want Pennix and trade down a few for extra assets to go for a receiver or tackle.

Please not Maye. Daniels or MHJ

How come? I'm not a college football guy. I assume you think he sucks

I don't know why, but it seems like the kind of guy who's going to come to the patriots

At this point, I just want BB gone from the organization and then I hope the new GM will know who to pick and what's best to do for the organization. I'll just say the OT draft picks, historically, are way overrated.

There are rumors Daniels could be QB2 by draft day. Kiper said he’s the one QB who could contend with Williams.

My prediction as of now:

1. Caleb Williams
2. Jayden Daniels
3. Drake Maye

The pats get Maye who would go #1 overall in most drafts who falls because of no fault to his own. He’s still the #1 overall player on Brugler’s board. It’s similar to Herbert being drafted as a 3rd QB in 2020. Pats are in a good spot IMO.

Need BB at minimum to not be the GM.

Deeply afraid of the QB’s, Marvin Jr. and the tackles get passed up for Brock Bowers, because Bowers reminds Bill of Mark Bavaro.

Need BB at minimum to not be the GM.

Deeply afraid of the QB’s, Marvin Jr. and the tackles get passed up for Brock Bowers, because Bowers reminds Bill of Mark Bavaro.
BB won’t be making the pick. He’s gone…

After Mayes workout they will need to trade up to get him. Guys is going to put on a show. Him and Williams are a definite notch above Daniels.
If the top 2 are gone, I'd take MHJ and try to figure out the next QB you want out of the next group and get them in Round 2 or trade up in Round 1. Or trade down a couple slots if someone is dying to get to 3 and gives you a ridiculous offer and take the tackle in 1.

Right now, After Maye and Williams just too big a drop-off to take QB at 3, unless the workouts show something else.
People forget before this year Daniels might have been a 3rd round pick, at best, and he'll be 24 and just played with great offensive talent.
He improved but he's got more risk than Maye or Williams. The hate for Maye is misplaced. He had the equivalent of the Patriots O-lIne and Wide Receivers, but also had a bad defense.
Maye's team had exactly one top 100 draft prospect, and that would be Maye.
Still possible the workouts make a clear #3 QB, if so, then you might have 1 worth taking at 3.

Roast me for this, but after watching the game, did any of you feel like there wasn’t a real push to win this game?

I thought the Pats were 3rd going into the weekend due to Strength of Schedule vs Wash, but due to playing Dallas that would change. I could be wrong as i don't follow the tie breaker rules that closely.

There are rumors Daniels could be QB2 by draft day. Kiper said he’s the one QB who could contend with Williams.

My prediction as of now:

1. Caleb Williams
2. Jayden Daniels
3. Drake Maye

The pats get Maye who would go #1 overall in most drafts who falls because of no fault to his own. He’s still the #1 overall player on Brugler’s board. It’s similar to Herbert being drafted as a 3rd QB in 2020. Pats are in a good spot IMO.
Agreed. IMHO, #3 is the most intriguing spot in the draft.

After Mayes workout they will need to trade up to get him
Guy actually plays for years and then his workout is going to change his draft position?

Reason number 50 why it's such a weird process

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back