PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tankathon

everlong

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
1701200193273.png

It's really a three team race and I'd prefer one of the QBs but taking Harrison and trading back up isn't a bad consolation prize should we stay at #3.

1701200286414.png

Maybe the Panthers can get lucky and win a game. Two is asking a lot for us to leapfrog them.

1701200315410.png

The biggest risk of us winning is the Jets. I can't believe I'm saying this because I hate both the team and the quarterback but I hope Rodgers comes back. Chargers are the other scary game because they're dumb enough to find a way to lose.

1701200348915.png

The one shot for the Cardinals to win a game is the Bears. Maybe Murry gets hot and they knock somebody else off but I doubt it.

My prediction is the Panthers and Patriots both lose out but the Cardinals beat the Bears and we're picking in the 2-slot and we grab Maye.

I don't see Harrison dropping beyond 2. One of those two in front of the Pats will stick with their QB and take him. You're assured of getting a very good QB at three.

I don't see Harrison dropping beyond 2. One of those two in front of the Pats will stick with their QB and take him. You're assured of getting a very good QB at three.
As I've said before, the Patriots need to find good players at QB, WR, and OT in FA so they don't have to force a pick in the draft. For example, if the choices are, say, Harrison vs. [Alt/Fashanu + a first next year], I'd be OK with either.

I agree with you
Expecially I am not sure that Chicago will go qb

Or they trade down to accumulate a lot of picks to a team who is more QB-needy. Not saying your scenario can't happen but I think it's more likely the QBs go 1-2.

Or they trade down to accumulate a lot of picks to a team who is more QB-needy. Not saying your scenario can't happen but I think it's more likely the QBs go 1-2.
I would wager either Fields or Murray will keep their job, but not both. I think Harrison is a slam dunk.

I would wager either Fields or Murray will keep their job, but not both. I think Harrison is a slam dunk.

I agree with you but again why wouldn't Chicago trade back and pick up multiple first rounds and other picks to build an entire team around Fields? They aren't Marvin Harrison away from being competitive. They have as many holes as the Pats.

We're currently #2 if we lose out as Arizona has the higher SoS. We're below them now only because we've played, and lost, an additional game.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if the pats and cards have the same record (we're 2-9, they're 2-10), we currently have the SOS tiebreaker, which would put us at the 2nd pick.

I'm in favor of Harrison. QBs picked that high have huge bust potential, but Harrison is as close as you get to a sure-fire game changer.

Lose to the chargers and the other 6 4-win teams win at least one game rest of the way essentially clinches a top 3 pick. Lots of scoreboard watching here on out!

I have trouble seeing wins for az and Carolina though while im guessing we win 1 or 2 more. We have too many one score games theres bound to be one or two that fall our way especially if Mac is out of the picture. Hopefully Murray starts to light it up. But Id instantly take pick #3.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if the pats and cards have the same record (we're 2-9, they're 2-10), we currently have the SOS tiebreaker, which would put us at the 2nd pick.
It depends how you calculate SOS.

- If you look at each team's current SOS, New England's is stronger by 5 games thus Arizona wins the tie breakers.
- If you look at each team's full season SOS, Arizona's is stronger by 2.5 games, thus NE wins the tie breakers.

Of course, this tells us Arizona's schedule down the stretch is somewhat tougher than NE's, therefore they are perhaps more likely to finish with 2 wins...

It depends how you calculate SOS.

- If you look at each team's current SOS, New England's is stronger by 5 games thus Arizona wins the tie breakers.
- If you look at each team's full season SOS, Arizona's is stronger by 2.5 games, thus NE wins the tie breakers.

Of course, this tells us Arizona's schedule down the stretch is somewhat tougher than NE's, therefore they are perhaps more likely to finish with 2 wins...
The NFL mocks you see go by the full season SOS, and divisional opponents count twice in the calculation. I'm not going to try and figure out number of games, but currently NE is at .536 while ARI is at .560.

A top 3 pick so valuable ... I don't see Belichick keeping it ... if he remains here I would so love to be wrong.

Last edited:
A top 3 pick so valuable ... I don't see Belichick keeping it ... if he remains here I would so love to be wrong.
If Bill got the 3rd pick be prepared for him to trade down for 34 7th round picks where he drafts 14 kickers, 10 long snappers, 5 punters, 4 special teamers and one wide receiver from Backwoods River Creek High School.

If Bill got the 3rd pick be prepared for him to trade down for 34 7th round picks where he drafts 14 kickers, 10 long snappers, 5 punters, 4 special teamers and one wide receiver from Backwoods River Creek High School.
No way he settles for only one wide receiver form Backwoods especially when they have a "buy one get one free" on draft day.

I think he would have to take one of the QBs. If they're both gone I'm not sure he values WR enough to draft Harrison Jr. With so many needs if you could trade back and get 2 #1's and take an LT who can start for the next 10 years and then trade back into the first and draft any of Nix, Penix or Daniels if you believe they can be developed it would be awful. I'm really not convinced any of that second tier will succeed. They all definitely have the arm strength and their athletic and mobile to different degrees which puts them ahead of our current QB room. The question then would be leadership, accuracy and the ability to read defenses. I think Penix has the first two but I'm not sure about the 3rd and the bigger concern with him is availability. Daniels I'd also question if he can hold up over the course of a season.

I'll say.. we all know we need a QB. Here's what I think may happen. Bill will jump around the board like he always does. We'll, end up with a LT.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back