PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PostGame Thread 2023 Patriots Official Postgame Thread: Week - 14 NE @ PIT

Immediate Postgame Reactions
Yes. Did you watch Zach Wilson yesterday? That's better than any game Mac has had as a pro. The numbers for this year back it up.
I wouldn't say so. Mac against Dallas in 2021? Mac against minny last season? Mac again Buffalo this season? Those are 3 off the top. Where does Zach Wilson compare?

Yes. Did you watch Zach Wilson yesterday? That's better than any game Mac has had as a pro. The numbers for this year back it up.
All that game (+ the KC game) showed is Wilson at his ceiling is way too inconsistent to be a starting QB in this league. Houston's pass defense isn't anything special either.

I suppose the same is true for Jones.

I wouldn't say so. Mac against Dallas in 2021? Mac against minny last season? Mac again Buffalo this season? Those are 3 off the top. Where does Zach Wilson compare?
2 of his 3 best games were
A LOSS where he threw a pick 6, three for 221 yards and got the ball to start OT and failed
A LOSS where he started the 4th quarter with a 3 point lead and had 4 4th quarter drives that result in zero points.

That pretty much sums up ole 10

2 of his 3 best games were
A LOSS where he threw a pick 6, three for 221 yards and got the ball to start OT and failed
A LOSS where he started the 4th quarter with a 3 point lead and had 4 4th quarter drives that result in zero points.

That pretty much sums up ole 10
We know the results. It was just a statement that Wilson is better than mac.. no they have both been turnover machines. But Mac in my opinion has a better future as a backup elsewhere.

Ridley ran the rock very well that year.. I believe he had over 1000 yards no? We had a potent offense with the 2 TE sets. Gronk got hurt in that game against indy on a PAT attempt right? Lloyd was good for us it was one of those weird contracts. He had a 2 yr deal but somehow only did 1 season. He was great on the sideline. Very athletic guy. Yeah juju I'm my opinion wasn't healthy when we signed him and as it's said you don't become healthier as the season goes on.
Lloyd's contract ($3 million roster bonus) was why he was let go. As this article mentions, the Patriots felt they had his replacement already on the roster in Julian Edelman & as history would show, they were right. The following season (2013) was Edelman's breakout year.

Lloyd's contract ($3 million roster bonus) was why he was let go. As this article mentions, the Patriots felt they had his replacement already on the roster in Julian Edelman & as history would show, they were right. The following season (2013) was Edelman's breakout year.
Thanks for this I appreciate it. I know there was something about that around that time of why he wasn't retained. I'd had liked to see him along Edelman.

We know the results. It was just a statement that Wilson is better than mac.. no they have both been turnover machines. But Mac in my opinion has a better future as a backup elsewhere.
Wilson has a better arm than Jones and maybe a bit more mobile. That's really about it.

10 has thrown more ints. 2.8% of passes to 2.5%.
Almost 30% of Wilson are against the patriots.

Wilson is more mobile, has a better arm, and came into the league as a much more highly touted prospect.
10 has digressed to his level or worse on the above the shoulders part.

Wilson has a better arm than Jones and maybe a bit more mobile. That's really about it.
He’s a lot more mobile. Turns the ball over less.
What exactly do you put in the “10 is better” column.

10 has thrown more ints. 2.8% of passes to 2.5%.
Almost 30% of Wilson are against the patriots.

Wilson is more mobile, has a better arm, and came into the league as a much more highly touted prospect.
10 has digressed to his level or worse on the above the shoulders part.
How many times has he beaten 10s team? Or did you leave that out on purpose?

Reactions: sb1
Wilson's immaturity actually helps him. He gives 0 Fs... so it allows him to play loose.

He’s a lot more mobile. Turns the ball over less.
What exactly do you put in the “10 is better” column.
He's better at everything else. I don't think I need to be specific.

As a much more highly touted prospect
So was Ryan Leaf.

Maybe. The NY media isn't for everyone...
When u have that mindset you play with no pressure on you. Mac plays uptight, boot camp Bill will pull him if he doesn't complete a pass to his all pro WRs..

• Agree
Reactions: sb1
Mac is better than Wilson. Neither is good. But we only beat the Jets 3 of the last 4 times because Wilson is absolutely dreadful and Mac was a little better than that. Wilson is also on a better team. They shouldn't be in this situation.

Mac is better than Wilson. Neither is good. But we only beat the Jets 3 of the last 4 times because Wilson is absolutely dreadful and Mac was a little better than that. Wilson is also on a better team. They shouldn't be in this situation.
If Mac were on the NYJ I believe they would be a playoff contending team.. he has a stud WR and an excellent ground game. Not to mention a ferocious defense.

If Mac were on the NYJ I believe they would be a playoff contending team.. he has a stud WR and an excellent ground game. Not to mention a ferocious defense.
This worries me a little. I can totally see the Jets make a move to jump over us for one of the prime QB's in the draft.

He's better at everything else. I don't think I need to be specific.

So was Ryan Leaf.
Yes please be specific because I cannot name a single thing he is better at.

The only argument at all anyone can make that the Jets are worse at is OL. And our OL isn't good anyways. Otherwise they are better virtually everywhere else. And Wilson has **** the bed against us the last two years.

This worries me a little. I can totally see the Jets make a move to jump over us for one of the prime QB's in the draft.
They have a better record though right? Then again Bill won't be here so we don't have to worry about getting a LT with the #2 pick.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back