PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Moss Postgame Presser Meltdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously you never attended games in the old stadium....I've attended games with less than 20 K Pats fans that were 10 times as loud as a packed Razor. Why? The freaking empty red hole beneath the luxury boxes.THe Razor just doesn't hold decibels well.

If you truly want to believe that the dimensions of the stadium is the reason why it is one of the most quiet in the NFL, I won't say anything to impede you. With a theory like that one, I doubt I could change your mind if I tried.

I've been to many games at both stadiums, btw. FWIW.

yeah ..well of course you could be right...maybe when I was younger it seemed I was louder along with every one else...and I'm certainly nowhere near as nutty as I, or any of my Pats friends were, when we were in our 20's and 30's...but that red seat dead zone still bugs me...and Fenway is still is as loud as ever even though it's a damned tea and crumpet party these days.

Look, I go to games today, I come home hoarse...just like I did 30 years ago...I just hate the idea that WE,as a fanbase , are not the equal of say, the Colts ...in that dome...but I can't argue with your take, it IS obvious

Last edited:
After this post I'll stop hi-jacking the thread but I do agree that Foxboro was the louder stadium dimensionally. I just know that when I attend games I'm yelling my fool head off on every defensive snap (if the game's at least somewhat competitive) and I look around at people sitting down and watching quietly as though they were at a freaking opera.

I just think it's a quiet crowd for the most part. A lot of it has to do with the increased luxury seating going to mild-mannered businessmen. I believe they make up a good portion of the season ticket holders as well. The blue-collar 20's-40's year olds make some noise they just don't comprise enough of the stadium. I appreciate that you make noise when you go, I do too; I just wish there were more of us doing it.

randy could use a few of those public speaking courses. he kind of wanders about instead of beginning to the end.

what i got out of it:

1: I'm really happy to be a Patriot.

2: I'd like a contract extension and i deserve one.

3: You media people ... you suck the big gonad.

4: Especially you local media people ... you also are mindless gnomes.

5: I love the patriot fans ... the best in the world.

6: I would have done better if I wrote this down first ... but i really don't give a flying sh!t that my thoughts are jumbled.

7: Yo Bill ... you're killing me bro'.

Mossy's 2 favorite words, "I" and "Me". There is a reason Fido has never won anything at any level of football. A selfish dink who plays big and pads his stats against bad teams then disappears in the playoffs. Give me Deion Branch or David Givens in a big game.

they left because they were underpaid...had great careers too

I think you have it pretty spot on there.

I read and heard that he went off at the fans, watched it and then wondered where he 'went off at the fans'. Mediots already spinning it up to make him look bad and there are plenty of idiots that will read what the mediots write and take it as correct without ever checking things out themselves, and sadly some of those will be New England fans who will probably boo moss if they are at Gillette Stadium anytime soon.

I understand he had planned to talk after this game, and had been planning on it for a while. I'm trying to think how this would have come across after a loss, and I have to think it would have been worse.

I just listened to the presser. I don't think he said anything that out of place. In fact you have to take away from it that he WANTS... really wants to stay in NE. That bodes well for the team. I hope they get a deal done with him because he is very important to this offense. I thought he came across pretty well. He seemed open and honest about how he really wants to be here, how he wants the approval of his coaches and teammates, and he loves the Pats.

I had the same take, other then looking utterly ridiculous I thought he was very clear that more then anything he wants to stay in NE but that a veteran of his stature shouldn't have to wait until week 10 or 12 of the final year of his contract to get offered a new contract.

And I agree with him.

While I wish athletes wouldn't talk about their contracts publicly at all but I also don't get all the negative reaction to Moss on Sunday, I thought he was very honest and above board about this.

Again....he's not really saying anything negative but if you articulate these words in a slightly manner, it would sound a lot better.

“I want to let you all know, I want to let the fans, the real fans, of the New England Patriots know, I’m not here to start any trouble. I’m going to play my last year out of my contract. And as I’ve said time and time again since I signed my first contract here, I want to be here in New England. There’s a great group of guys here, a well-coached group here, and I never said I want to leave New England.

I’m going to play my last year out of my contract. translation - I want to play here, but have not heard from the Patriots. TB was unsigned and it was daily news, at least mention it once.

Not to pull a Randy and get off track....but have you seen Ines Sainz? http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://fwgnfl.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/101008-ines-sainz1.jpg&imgrefurl=http://fwgnfl.com/%3Ftag%3Dines-sainz&h=640&w=480&sz=51&tbnid=VpN8MAF01IL-VM:&tbnh=137&tbnw=103&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dines%2Bsainz&zoom=1&q=ines+sainz&hl=en&usg=__MMtg1yaJECA1ULzp8XM_r4kslHc=&sa=X&ei=FwiOTN2KJoOClAeIhZRg&sqi=2&ved=0CC8Q9QEwBw

Last edited:
Besides, I completely agree with him about the local media. Boston media sucks, specifically the columnists. Those @$$hats like Shaugnhessy, Borges, Mazz, etc. love to write controversial columns that get people's attention. F those douches.

You forgot Felger the biggest buttberet of them all.

Coles note version

There was a really good vibe in that dressing room last night and Moss wants to continue to be a part of this team.

He truly does not want to go, this is a team that he really loves to play on.

Bad timing? Pretty much. Could he have said it better? Probably.

Randy loves the NEP and he wants to stay. That was pretty much it.

Last edited:
Mossy's 2 favorite words, "I" and "Me". There is a reason Fido has never won anything at any level of football. A selfish dink who plays big and pads his stats against bad teams then disappears in the playoffs. Give me Deion Branch or David Givens in a big game.

There is an 'i' in team

g5e5K.png

Mountains out of molehills, people. Unless he starts dogfaking it on the field or running over Boston cops, I think we'll be fine.

Agreed...but it's fine with me if he moons the Jets' fans next Sunday!

After this post I'll stop hi-jacking the thread but I do agree that Foxboro was the louder stadium dimensionally. I just know that when I attend games I'm yelling my fool head off on every defensive snap (if the game's at least somewhat competitive) and I look around at people sitting down and watching quietly as though they were at a freaking opera.

I just think it's a quiet crowd for the most part. A lot of it has to do with the increased luxury seating going to mild-mannered businessmen. I believe they make up a good portion of the season ticket holders as well. The blue-collar 20's-40's year olds make some noise they just don't comprise enough of the stadium. I appreciate that you make noise when you go, I do too; I just wish there were more of us doing it.

As an older fan I blame those clueless 20-40 year olds, running in and out for food and beer, and worse yet watching their iPhones and Blackberrys for baseball scores and other NFL updates and being distracted rather than focusing on football the BB way and geting emotionally deep into each play. /thread hijack

Without Moss, Welker wouldn't have led the league in receptions for the pasty two years, it's as simple as that. If you love welker and his YAC, you 100% must have Moss as well.

I say sign the beast!

As an older fan I blame those clueless 20-40 year olds, running in and out for food and beer, and worse yet watching their iPhones and Blackberrys for baseball scores and other NFL updates and being distracted rather than focusing on football the BB way and geting emotionally deep into each play. /thread hijack

As a 20-40 year old, I blame you older fans for having absolutely no clue what the hell you're talking about.

his biggest fear is having to catch balls from anyone other than tom brady.

all I see is a guy who really really wants to be here and is afraid he wont be after this year

his biggest fear is having to catch balls from anyone other than tom brady.

all I see is a guy who really really wants to be here and is afraid he wont be after this year
I think that sums it up.....and REALLY most who have commented have NOT read the transcript OR saw the entire PC. AND MOPT fans have done neither make their opinions from the BS mediots who will twist and exploit all day. I have heard so much garbage from teh so called fan...who is parroting the media's take on it...which is TRASH!! So few had it right..I credit Reiss for his headline...simple to teh point. Many others were so off the mark it was pathetic.

After listening to Moss' press conference twice and clips multiple times, I am sorry I still cannot find a way to defend him. Although I think the media are blowing several quotes out of proportion, there is no excuse for him to have this stream of conscious tirade on the heels of an impressive Patriots victory. If he wanted to do this during the week, I wouldn't have had a problem. But this guy made the entire victory about him and his situation which is a shame.

I don't think we will see the Randy Moss of the past who quit on his teammates. I think he is older and wiser than that and he also knows that after watching TO struggle to find work the last two years that he cannot be an arse and expect teams to pay him like he could get away with in his mid to late 20s.

I just wish Randy would just shut up and play out his contract and we all can move on next year or he might be back if he cannot find a better deal elsewhere. Hopefully he will see how he blew up the situation yesterday and do what he had done for the first three years here - shut up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents